X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LOU
    Museum FIN-atic
    • Nov 20, 2003

Will we lose members?

Just something I was thinking about reagrding the big changeover; do you think, or is it an expectation, to lose members who simply never show up here from the old boards? Not just ours per se, but message boards in general...kind of like someone just vanishes from the community and got lost along the way
  • Marvelmania
    A Ray of Sunshine
    • Jun 17, 2001

I certainly hope not and would wonder why would we. I mean we've talked long about the board update and everyone or at least I thought was looking forward to it. Sure it's a little different but after a day I find I like it better. More forums and hopefully the troubles people complained about should be gone. I loved the old board but change can be a good thing. Personally I've emailed a few "old timers" who hadn't posted on the old forum in quite a while and invited them to check us out.

Comment

• jwyblejr
      galactic yo-yo
      • Apr 6, 2006

So far,I've only noticed those who had zero posts over on the old forums not being brought over here.

Comment

• Hulk
        Mayor of Megoville
        • May 10, 2003

Anyone who doesn't make the leap was probably not what we would count as a truly active member anyway. If we didn't cull the non-posters from time to time, we'd have many thousands more members. Just think of this as a large cleanup. I've noticed a couple of people who haven't been active showing up as online and even posting again. Hopefully this change will not only bring in new blood, but re-energize some old ones as well

Comment

• Meule
          Verbose Member
          • Nov 14, 2004

The zero postsers from the old board may not have followed here, but who needs those anyway. The oldtimers that haven't posted a while should find the new forum by following the forum link on the front page. If they had the old forum bookmarked they should find plenty of talk about the new forum with the link to here. Anyone that really wants to be part of this community should be able to find his/her way here
          "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Man, I hope I don't lose my member.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Marvelmania
              A Ray of Sunshine
              • Jun 17, 2001

will we lose members

Where else could they go

Comment

• toys2cool
                Ultimate Mego Warrior
                • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by Tim Arnold
                Where else could they go
                They'd probably just stay in the old one and not realize the change
                "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• LOU
                  Museum FIN-atic
                  • Nov 20, 2003

I probably should have clarified that I wasn't referring to the non-posters or the irregular members who posted a few times and that was it. I was just thinking if any of the frequent posters would simply just never show up again here. I'm sure we would notice though after a while. I personally don't see anyone missing as of yet...and, of course, I hope we get a lot more newbies so the boards continue to grow.

By the way toys2, the old board is locked up so I should hope they would something was up.

Comment

• hobub
                    Ghost of a Dead Indian
                    • Jun 18, 2001

It would help if the link on the index page of www.megomuseum.com pointed to this forum. But I'm sure Scott and Co. all have that worked out.

The old forum just needs referenced as a secondary link.

Then it's just a matter of using it for familiarity.

Comment

• hobub
                      Ghost of a Dead Indian
                      • Jun 18, 2001

I don't know if it was just my computer (I can't see how it was since I have been constantly cleaining cookies and history files this week) but it works now and works good.

I don't think we will lose any members as long as we're visible.

Comment

• toys2cool
                        Ultimate Mego Warrior
                        • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by LOU
                        I probably should have clarified that I wasn't referring to the non-posters or the irregular members who posted a few times and that was it. I was just thinking if any of the frequent posters would simply just never show up again here. I'm sure we would notice though after a while. I personally don't see anyone missing as of yet...and, of course, I hope we get a lot more newbies so the boards continue to grow.

By the way toys2, the old board is locked up so I should hope they would something was up.
                        oh ok my bad,I didn't realize that
                        "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                        My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Jan 19, 2008

I wonder what my old screen name was. I had to make a new one after the change over. I used to just lurk and not post on the forums. It looks like it got more members in the past few years.
                          Last edited by LonnieFisher; Feb 20, '10, 10:17 PM.

Comment

• Mikey
                            Verbose Member
                            • Aug 9, 2001

To all people reading this now, incase you didn't notice this thread is 3 years old.

There is no "new" board

Comment

• RG
                              Removed.
                              • Oct 1, 2004

now I know why Lonnie's a Fisher .... he seems to be "fishing" for topics to post in lol lol

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎