Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone recommend a good quality Flash DC figure?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toysrus
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 23, 2007

Can anyone recommend a good quality Flash DC figure?

Hi everybody! What I'm looking for is a loose or carded 6 inch DC Flash action figure for my son. Here's the deal, my son has a bunch of new 6 inch Spiderman toys , Batman & so on from toys stores, but can someone recommend a type of Flash toy that the Flash yellow easr wont break off easily. I bought my son this one below, but i didnt realzie how easy he would break, i figured he would be solid, yet the yellow easr cracked off right away.

Are there any 6 inch DC Flash toys that are fully pose able with multiple points of articulation? Especially bending at the elbows & knees?

How are the DC direct Flash toys?

Heres the one we bought, but he broke hours later after play!

Vendio.com
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Most of my son's Flashes have had broken ear/wings at one time or another. I haven't gotten the new DC Direct Super Friends Flash, but that is the most recent figure, and may be your best bet.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• davidb
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 9, 2007

The best bet I could think of would be the old Super Powers Flash, but he's only 4 inches tall.

Comment

• toysrus
        Persistent Member
        • Aug 23, 2007

DC direct

but are the DC direct Flash yellow ears hard plastic? or soft to where they can stand up to a child playing with it?

Thanks again

Comment

• jds1911a1
          Alan Scott is the best GL
          • Aug 8, 2007

Dc direct is more aimed at older comic fan collectors. checl ebay for either a JLA or Total Justice Flash from the early 90's by hasbro. While they have limited posability, since they were marketed as a mass consumption kids toy they should hold up fine and will be close in scale
          here are links to an example of each on ebay
          Total Justice Flash w/ Power Suit 1996 Kenner VG IB - (eBay item 180165550097 end time Oct-08-07 19:35:47 PDT)
          JLA TOTAL JUSTICE BOX SET 2 - BATMAN, FLASH, SUPERMAN - (eBay item 250170807536 end time Oct-06-07 17:17:45 PDT)

also a reverse flash from the jla line
          Prof. Zoom Reverse Flash Action Figure Wizard Exclusive - (eBay item 230176519706 end time Oct-05-07 18:55:33 PDT)
          Last edited by jds1911a1; Oct 2, '07, 7:28 PM.

Comment

• toysrus
            Persistent Member
            • Aug 23, 2007

Thanks

Thank you! I may try for the first one you listed below. Does anybody here have a 6 inch DC flash? Any that have durable yellow ears? Not the ones that break off with ease!

Originally posted by jds1911a1
            Dc direct is more aimed at older comic fan collectors. checl ebay for either a JLA or Total Justice Flash from the early 90's by hasbro. While they have limited posability, since they were marketed as a mass consumption kids toy they should hold up fine and will be close in scale
            here are links to an example of each on ebay
            Total Justice Flash w/ Power Suit 1996 Kenner VG IB - (eBay item 180165550097 end time Oct-08-07 19:35:47 PDT)
            JLA TOTAL JUSTICE BOX SET 2 - BATMAN, FLASH, SUPERMAN - (eBay item 250170807536 end time Oct-06-07 17:17:45 PDT)

also a reverse flash from the jla line
            Prof. Zoom Reverse Flash Action Figure Wizard Exclusive - (eBay item 230176519706 end time Oct-05-07 18:55:33 PDT)

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

My son had the same flash you got yours and yeah it didn't last long. Most of the DC direct figures I gave him are toast now, they just can't take play.

Your best bet is to get him something slightly out of scale for now and hope Mattel makes one for their DC heroes line. Those things are survivors.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• theantiquetiger
                Fra-gee-lay Thats Italian
                • Nov 12, 2005

He is not the yellow ear one and I do not know how durable he is, but I picked up this guy for $4 at KB Toys factory outlet store. He is from the "Kingdom Come" line:

sigpic

Comment

• jds1911a1
                  Alan Scott is the best GL
                  • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by theantiquetiger
                  He is not the yellow ear one and I do not know how durable he is, but I picked up this guy for $4 at KB Toys factory outlet store. He is from the "Kingdom Come" line:

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r...er/flash-1.jpg
                  that's a DC direct never noticed that 14 and up line before, another hint they aren't good for kids

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
                    Formerly known as Del
                    • Dec 12, 2004

I have both the Silver Age and the Modern Age Flash they released prior to that one you got, ToysRUs. The part of the "ears" that stick out seem a little more flexible, so they might work out a little better.
                    Here are pics of the ones I have:
                    Silver Age set (A little pricer, because it's an earlier release)DC Direct

DC Direct
                    Where did yours break, on the extended part or closer to the head? If it broke off at the head, maybe you could just sand it until the little "stem" is gone, cut out new wings from vinyl, and superglue them on. Then you wouldn't have those tiny pieces to break off and they'd be flexible.
                    Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
                    https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
                    http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎