Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MM cards showing the new series of figures that are coming out.....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • logan12_3
    • Jul 16, 2008

MM cards showing the new series of figures that are coming out.....

Hey would anybody be interested in seeing some more MM cards come out showing the DC Retro figures, BBP, Spectre and all the other new figures that are coming out? That would be awesome to see but would know who to contact to see if they would be interested in doing it though..........
  • LadyZod
    Superman's Gal Pal
    • Jan 27, 2007

MM Cards should stick to original Mego figures. PS Cards stick to whatever old toy is just cool.

The newer stuff might make for an interesting EMCE line tho.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
    Check out my art:
    Art Portfolio@Redbubble
    Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

• ScottA
      Original Member
      • Jun 25, 2001

NO. MM cards should focus on original mego lines. Period.
      sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• bgrimm77
        NORTHEAST REPRESENTATIVE
        • Jan 4, 2009

With all the other classic Mego lines that there are.....W.O.Z. , S&H , 1 million B.C. , Our Gang , Waltons , etc........ there is no reason that if any new cards are made that they should be anything but MEGO CARDS
        WHEREVER YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE AT

Comment

• logan12_3
          • Jul 16, 2008

Cool, then like a series of EMCE cards like what was previously mentioned maybe?

Comment

• bgrimm77
            NORTHEAST REPRESENTATIVE
            • Jan 4, 2009

If someone wanted to put in the time to make them , like for example the Cipsa Ape cards then yeah it would be cool.... but not in the true M.M. card line. The same would be great for Leddy cards and Basa Cards , but it takes money and alot of time.

Comment

• logan12_3
              • Jul 16, 2008

True dat, true dat. If I had the resources and the money I would luve to do it myself but unfortunately i don't have an ounce of artistic ability in me what so ever.......

Comment

• bgrimm77
                NORTHEAST REPRESENTATIVE
                • Jan 4, 2009

I have some....... but none that would pass for quality work! And certainly not the quality that we are used to....

Comment

• megoscott
                  Founding Partner
                  • Nov 17, 2006

The MM cards should be OM only, there's certainly plenty left to do...

I have thought that about doing the EMCE Treks because they are so good and such a nice extension of the original line. Kirk vs Khan, plug the new Gorn into the old Gorn card...Sulu and Chekov...
                  This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• Mikey
                    Verbose Member
                    • Aug 9, 2001

Given the choice, I would rather see Mego Waltons cards rather than any new figures put on cards.

It's not that I don't like the new figures ... I just think nothing new deserves to be on a Museum card - which are vintage based.

Comment

• Doc
                      Banned
                      • May 9, 2010

Originally posted by MegoScott
                      The MM cards should be OM only, there's certainly plenty left to do...

I have thought that about doing the EMCE Treks because they are so good and such a nice extension of the original line. Kirk vs Khan, plug the new Gorn into the old Gorn card...Sulu and Chekov...
                      Originally posted by Mikey01
                      Given the choice, I would rather see Mego Waltons cards rather than any new figures put on cards.

It's not that I don't like the new figures ... I just think nothing new deserves to be on a Museum card - which are vintage based.
                      Originally posted by bgrimm77
                      With all the other classic Mego lines that there are.....W.O.Z. , S&H , 1 million B.C. , Our Gang , Waltons , etc........ there is no reason that if any new cards are made that they should be anything but MEGO CARDS
                      I can see everyones main view yes I would like to see the rest of Mego old school finish the cards.. Waltons, BC, WOZ but to tell the truth I would also like to see Star trek new ones take their place. Sulu and Chechov got screwed from their proper place in history. The gorn should have been made that way...

Comment

• generic
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jun 25, 2009

I think it would be great if someone made cards for the new figures, but I think it would need to be separate from the MM cards. I see MM cards as being strictly old Megos. Since there are so many figures left that don't have cards and since not very many new MM cards come out each year, I think we have a long time before all of the vintage Megos have their own card.

If it weren't for the cost of printing, there are quite a few cards that I would have made that wouldn't really fit into either the MM or PS lines. The artwork isn't a problem at all. I've been involved with the creation and production a series of trading cards before. I learned exactly how much it costs to have these cards printed. It's the cost of printing would make it impossible for me to produce any toy cards.
                        Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

• kryptosmaster
                          Removed.
                          • Jun 14, 2008

Yeah i wouldn't mind collecting them as a side set (like the Cipsa cards that were mentioned) but not as numbered MM cards.
                          A cool idea might be to put an original Mego next to the remake version.
                          I'd also rather see the bottom of the barrel scraped before considering anything non-vintage on a MM card.
                          There's literally hundreds of possibilities left so i don't think we'll run out of MM card fodder for many years to come.
                          And that's just 8" figures stuff. There are 9" lines, 12" lines, girly lines, tie-in toys (Trek Communicators, Batman console, etc),Mego games.....tons of stuff.

Rich

Comment

• palitoy
                            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                            • Jun 16, 2001

I have had one company interested in getting some cards done for an upcoming mego sized line but if it happens it'll feature their branding, not the museum or PS.
                            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• exoduschj
                              9th Degree Mego Cultist
                              • Apr 22, 2009

New Cards - Branding Specific

Originally posted by palitoy
                              I have had one company interested in getting some cards done for an upcoming mego sized line but if it happens it'll feature their branding, not the museum or PS.
                              I think this would be a great direction to go in, and seems like it would satisfy everyone's desire to keep the MM cars Mego-Only.

I'd like to see a "Retro-Action Mattel" line of cards with all the new figures (could you get them to stand up long to take pictures of them?), a "Retro-Action EMCE" line of cards for all the repro Star Trek figures ( different poses than the originals.) and Night of the Living Dead figures. I'd also love to see the new Twilight Zone, Venture Bros and Dark Shadows get their own cards under the brand names. If each of these companies backed the expense of producing the cards, I'd be happy to pay to own them in order to offset that expense.

I'd even love to see a "Custom" series of cards based solely customs produced by Museum members. I'd even make a "donation" to the cost of getting them produced.

The possibilities are endless.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎