X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnmiic
    Adrift
    • Sep 6, 2002

My Doctor Who Special Idea

I have an iodea how they could do a guest star special with nearly every Doctor since Tom Baker. Recall how in The Five Doctors Tom Baker's incarnation was stuck in the time vortex? Perhaps they could pick up on that plot thread and have that cause some trouble in time/space and require the intervention of many of the Doctors since #4. Tom could come out of the anomoly in the new show. Not every doctor need appear but a bunch could. I

suspect the only Docto you couldn't get would be Chris Ecclestion because he's done with the role and moved on. Colin Baker looks most different from he did in the 80's but with a proper wig and some additional wardrobe to hide his larger size it could work. Perhaps they could have him wear black in the story and have him joke, " Good heavens I look like I've dipped into the Master's wardrobe!" ( trivia point - Colin suggested his Doctor be decked out in black when he took the role. This would make a good in-joke). I think the major stumbling block would be Lalla Ward as Romana. She and Tom divorced years ago and they don't speak. It seems unlikely she would come back for a special such as this.
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

I'm really torn, as a fan I'd love to see new interact with old, especially the later Doctors.

But as a realist, it's kind of a depressing idea. Not all the Doctors are alive, a couple haven't aged well and as you mentioned there is no way in hell number 9 is coming back.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• johnmiic
      Adrift
      • Sep 6, 2002

Yeah Tom and Colin have aged. Colin surprisingly so. The motivation for this special would be to let most, if not all the surviving Doctors do a special together. That's why I chose the plot thread from 5 Doctors. I can't see any way to re-cast Pat Troughton, Jon Pertwee and William Hartnell. I know Chris wouldn't return for something like this. Maybe Paul McGann would but who could say/ So if they did this special they wouldn't all have to be included.

Comment

• Jet-Jungle
        • Aug 23, 2007

I read somewhere that Peter Davidson is going to be in a Children in need special with he and Tennant both as Doctors.
        sigpic

Comment

• jds1911a1
          Alan Scott is the best GL
          • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by johnmiic
          Yeah Tom and Colin have aged. Colin surprisingly so. The motivation for this special would be to let most, if not all the surviving Doctors do a special together. That's why I chose the plot thread from 5 Doctors. I can't see any way to re-cast Pat Troughton, Jon Pertwee and William Hartnell. I know Chris wouldn't return for something like this. Maybe Paul McGann would but who could say/ So if they did this special they wouldn't all have to be included.
          I also think Mcgann would come back as he was so active as the torch bearer the role in the no TV years with all his audio dramas. In the 5 dr's they used that fill in for Hartnell's Dr and the Shada recycle with Tom I believe was because he wouldn't sign on (at that time he was trying to distance himself from the role). So nothing woudl really prevent Eccleston's appearance in the form of cut scene clips from already shot material if they wanted to go that route

Comment

• YANOULI
            Part-Time Timelord
            • Jan 9, 2006

Originally posted by johnmiic
            Yeah Tom and Colin have aged. Colin surprisingly so.
            That is why i like the audio adventures, their voices have hardly changed and you can still imagine them as they were in the TV days.

Peter Davison, Sylvester McCoy and Paul McGann are the only pre-2005 Doctors who could pull it off on screen now.
            " But you can't kill me, i'm a Genius "

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
              Pat Troughton in disguise
              • Nov 21, 2007

You could always have Sean Pertwee and David Troughton....can't think of a Hartnell lookalike though
              ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• Mikey
                Verbose Member
                • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by Bo8a_Fett
                can't think of a Hartnell lookalike though
                That's the easiest one

m

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
                  • Nov 21, 2007

You know take the beard away and you're onto something there....damn it ..it just might work (he's already been in "monk")..where's russel t davies's phone number.
                  ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• YANOULI
                    Part-Time Timelord
                    • Jan 9, 2006

Originally posted by Bo8a_Fett
                    You could always have Sean Pertwee and David Troughton....can't think of a Hartnell lookalike though
                    For Years Sean Pertwee wouldn't have anything to do with Doctor Who, he wouldn't even talk about his dad, but i saw somewhere yesterday that he has said that he'd like to be in the new Who and maybe even be the next Doctor.

Doctor Who Online - News

I'm not sure about David Troughton. What about Sam Troughton who plays Much in the new series of Robin Hood?

As for Hartnell, i think they should use Geoffrey Bayldon.
                    Last edited by YANOULI; Dec 1, '07, 10:08 AM.
                    " But you can't kill me, i'm a Genius "

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
                      • Nov 21, 2007

Yeah apparently Sean Pertwee has put a £50 bet on himself to be the next Doctor....he was drunk at the time ....

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎