X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HardyGirl
    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
    • Apr 3, 2007

Girls toys that you guys sometimes played with

OK, we all know Zira and Catwoman were dolls that were "exceptable" for a boy to own and not get called a sissy. Did you ever play w/ any other girl dolls in your action guy games? The female spy? The hapless damsel in distress? The crazy lady out of her mind w/ revenge?

And BTW...destroying your sisters Barbies don't count!
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

the only doll i could remember was the chick Evel knievel in pink and maybe a couple of Jem dolls that my Joes use to have there way with
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• GlobalObserver
      Persistent Member
      • Aug 12, 2004

Zira was the only female MEGO I ever bought. I could never bring myself to buy any of the others because they were 'dolls', not tough guy action figures...and I REALLY wanted that Batgirl...

Comment

• The Toyroom
        The Packaging King
        • Dec 31, 2004

"I had a Bionic Woman with Mission Purse as part of my Six Million Dollar Man stash of figures", he sheepishly admitted.
        Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• toys2cool
          Ultimate Mego Warrior
          • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by The Toyroom
          "I had a Bionic Woman with Mission Purse as part of my Six Million Dollar Man stash of figures", he sheepishly admitted.
          oh yeah I forgot about her,I also had a bionic woman
          "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
          My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• batmanmc
            mego batman collector
            • Jun 22, 2004

the olice woman angie dickison and charlie's angels.

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
              Persistent Member
              • Mar 1, 2005

When I was young I spent alot of time with my my cousins, who were all female, so there was alot of Barbie playtime and stuff going on. Not to be excluded, my parents bought me a couple of Ken dolls so I could play with my cousins. I don't remember ever actually owning or playing with Barbies themselves, but I did play with the accessories like the cars and townhouse, etc. I never owned any of the WGSH female characters as a kid, mainly because I never really saw them on the shelves around here! I would've been mighty tempted to own a Batgirl or Isis, I think.

I did have a tendency to like the TV personality dolls, however. I remember owning the Sonny and Cher dolls, and the Marie and Donny Osmond dolls. I used to watch them on tv alot when I was 3 or 4 so I wanted the toys I guess *shrug* I don't remember playing with them very much, to be honest. I'm sure they were integrated into the Barbie playtime with my cousins though.

And I presume that having 3 3/4" and 12" Princess Leia figures doesn't really count, seeing as most kids I knew had no qualms about owning Leia.

Comment

• megocanada
                Permanent Member
                • Apr 18, 2003

I remember my Nanny spending me money for Christmas and I bought a Jamie Sommers. It went good with my Steve Austin
                the greatest Superman of all time Earth 2 Superman

Comment

• Count Creepyhead
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Jul 28, 2007

Does Donnie Osmond count????

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by HardyGirl
                    And BTW...destroying your sisters Barbies don't count!
                    Oh, then I am out of the running. I was that kid who had no girlish toys whatsoever, I coveted a Mego Supergirl but was too afraid to be called a cissy to buy one.

In 1975 in an attempt to bond with my older sister, I purchased a Ken doll . She being five years my senior, continued to ignore me. Her Barbie phase seemed to last all of six months anyway...
                    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• cjefferys
                      Duke of Gloat
                      • Apr 23, 2006

I sometimes played with my sister's Bionic Woman, large size Princess Leia, Derry Daring and Mego Supergirl, Wonderwoman and Catwoman. And sometimes my sister and I would play together, my superheroes and her Barbies would pile into her Barbie camper and everyone would go on a camping trip (the size difference between the Megos and Barbies were just taken in stride ). If only Mego had actually made that KISS camping set, then my KISS figures could go too. My sister had a few Star Wars figures, so sometimes we would just play Star Wars, so it all evened out.

Comment

• HardyGirl
                        Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                        • Apr 3, 2007

Originally posted by Count Creepyhead
                        Does Donnie Osmond count????
                        Uh....no. Even if it was market for girls, can you just see Donny as the damsel in distress?
                        "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                        'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                        Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                        If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                          OH JES!!
                          • Jul 21, 2005

I wanted the Invisible girl to go with the rest of my FF my mom refused to buy it for me instead bought it for my sister....I eventually got it from my sister who was never really into dolls. but It cost me two weeks allowance two weeks of Her watching any tv show she wanted....and me doing her chores!!! lol!

Comment

• RG
                            Removed.
                            • Oct 1, 2004

my sister use to make me play Barbies with her. I never played right so it didn't last too long. My sister is 7 years older than me so I would have been like 3 and 4 years old how the heck would I know how to make a Barbie go on a date???

I do remember that she would give me the beat up dolls with rips in their dresses and I was the "poor" people, and her dolls were the "rich" people. Her dolls lived in the Town House and the ones she made me use lived under her bed.

I also played with Care Bears with my female cousin, and I even bought 3 bears for myself as a kid ... But I used them to try and eat my GI Joe figures when my cousin wasn't around.

Comment

• Adam West
                              Museum CPA
                              • Apr 14, 2003

My sister received a Lt. Uhura Mego for Christmas one year, I got Kirk, and my brother received Spock. My sister was disinterested in Star Trek so my brother and I added her to our existing collection and depending on what day it was, she might have knocked out Superman or an A.T. GI Joe and on other days, she took a beating along with the rest of the Star Trek crew from Spider-man and friends.
                              "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
                              ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎