X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boris71
    GeekBot' For Life
    • May 13, 2007

Dr Who Rumors

I have heard a lot of rumors about Dr Who and thought I might share them with you for all the Who fans on the site, Here goes

Apparantly david tennat will do a fifth season, but there will be a years gap between season 4 and 5 wich will be filled with 3 speacials, plus 2 christmas specials.

To offset the year gap they are going to bring back rose for the last six episodes of season 5 to save the doctor from straying of the path, she is rumored to be brought back by the time lords who aren't dead just in hiding, and due to absorbing the energy from the eye of harmony she will return as a time lord.

There are also rumors of UNIT being brought bavk in and they will be opposed to Torchwood, and they(Unit) will be used as a crossover between Dr Who and Torchwood, plus there are rumors about the introduction of some more old villans from the Old Era Who, either the silurions or the zygons, not sure from the episode I was told they were in the tom baker one with the loch ness monster, think it's the zygons.

There are also a lot of rumors about an evil female timelord and the reserection of the master, and a possible guest apperance by tom baker in the show.

just rumors and no hard facts yet, but thought I'd share what I had heard, feel free to comment please on what you think this will do to the dr who franchise. hope you enjoy the Goss
    Check out my Electronic Mag here Psycho Styrene Modeling Magazine
  • ctc
    Fear the monkeybat!
    • Aug 16, 2001

A lot of these seem like no-brainers to me:

>Apparantly david tennat will do a fifth season, but there will be a years gap between season 4 and 5 wich will be filled with 3 speacials, plus 2 christmas specials.

I've heard that from a few places. Weird about the gap, but no biggie. If the specials are an hour each that still amounts to roughly half a season. I haven't heard WHY they're doing this though.

>To offset the year gap they are going to bring back rose for the last six episodes of season 5 to save the doctor from straying of the path,

I could see this, since they made such a point of letting you know she ISN'T dead or anything.

>she is rumored to be brought back by the time lords who aren't dead just in hiding,

Saw something like this coming too. Seems to me; if you can travel through time then NOTHING is really ever "gone." And they've shown a few ways the Daleks have avoided being wiped out completely. I figger if the Daleks could do it, surely the Time Lords could too.

>and due to absorbing the energy from the eye of harmony she will return as a time lord.

THAT'S weird! I'd be curious to see these episodes.

>There are also rumors of UNIT being brought bavk in

They sort of brought them back in the first season. Rose's ex logged on to their secret site really early on. And they were mentioned a few times. Seems to me they've shown the head of UNIT from this time period back in the McCoy days... I wonder if they'll still go with her; or if the new Brigadier is someone else.

>and they will be opposed to Torchwood, and they(Unit) will be used as a crossover between Dr Who and Torchwood,

Neat! I've wondered where UNIT fits into everything. We sort of found out in the last episode: they're part of the UN but they've been left out of the current loop so to speak. (As an aside: I still find it kinda weird to see Britain as the center of everything, and not the US. That comes from seeing so many US movies and tv shows I guess.)

>there are rumors about the introduction of some more old villans from the Old Era Who,

Not surprised here, either. Kinda looking forward to it, since they didn't really monkey too much with the ones they've already brought back. Daleks were Daleks; albiet more heavily armoured and armed... but a war with your arch-enemies no doubt does that. The Cybermen were a little different; but I didn't mind, since they're alternate Cybermen to begin with, and they kept the weird Playmobil faces.

>either the silurions or the zygons, not sure from the episode I was told they were in the tom baker one with the loch ness monster, think it's the zygons.

Zygons!!! WOOOO!!!!!! I'd like to see the Ice Warriors too; but they're not really bad guys throughout most of the continuity. I'd like to see the Yeti as well.

>There are also a lot of rumors about an evil female timelord and the reserection of the master,

SNEAKY WHITE TEXT SPOILER ALERT:

They've already brought the Master back, and I think it was pretty clear in the last episode that he switched bodies with his wife. He's done that sort of thing before. Although a female Time Lord could be the Rani....

>and a possible guest apperance by tom baker in the show.

As the Doctor? That'd be weird since Tom Baker is REALLY old looking these days.

Don C.

Comment

• YANOULI
      Part-Time Timelord
      • Jan 9, 2006

Originally posted by ctc

(As an aside: I still find it kinda weird to see Britain as the center of everything, and not the US. That comes from seeing so many US movies and tv shows I guess.

>and a possible guest apperance by tom baker in the show.

As the Doctor? That'd be weird since Tom Baker is REALLY old looking these days.

Don C.
      UNIT is controlled from Geneva and was set up on the insistence of Lethbridge Stuart, who was kind of the unofficial leader. Plus most of the alien incursions happened in the UK, possibly due to the Doctor's presence.

It wouldn't be weird to have Tom back as the Doctor if they went down the Dark Dimension route, in that he didn't regenerate after falling from the telescope in Logopolis.
      " But you can't kill me, i'm a Genius "

Comment

• johnmiic
        Adrift
        • Sep 6, 2002

Y'know guys I sometimes get caught up in the stories and miss the deatails but UNIT was in the 1st new X-Mas special with Harriet Jones. I re-watched it recently and just noticed the UNIT logos on everything. When I first saw that episode it completely went by me without registering. For dramatic purposes I think having UNIT and Torchwood cross paths and have opposite goals is a good idea. In the end tho when the Torchwood series wraps, and I think it will eventually, perhaps they could fold up and have their members be assimilated into UNIT. Being a long time fan I kind'a favor UNIT being in charge.

Comment

• Boris71
          GeekBot' For Life
          • May 13, 2007

Originally posted by ctc
          A lot of these seem like no-brainers to me:
          I've heard that from a few places. Weird about the gap, but no biggie. If the specials are an hour each that still amounts to roughly half a season. I haven't heard WHY they're doing this though.
          He wants do do some plays and other things apparantly thats why he was going to quit

Comment

• Boris71
            GeekBot' For Life
            • May 13, 2007

Originally posted by YANOULI
            It wouldn't be weird to have Tom back as the Doctor if they went down the Dark Dimension route, in that he didn't regenerate after falling from the telescope in Logopolis.
            don't think he will be the doctor, may be a time lord but this is not certain, my source said they were in talks with him was the rumor

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

I don't believe anything until I see it on screen, I swear that the writing staff throws these red herrings out there deliberately.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Surfsup
                Silver Chrome Dome
                • Dec 2, 2005

There ws a piece in the Sun over the weekend that Billie Piper was close to signing a deal for the last 3 episodes of the season. So there could be some truth to that rumour.

If having her come back manages to cut screen time from Catherine Tate then I'm all for it.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                  Moderation Engineer
                  • Aug 14, 2003

This thread should be titled Dr. Whumors.

Comment

• Surfsup
                    Silver Chrome Dome
                    • Dec 2, 2005

Looks like the Sontarans are the returning classic monsters:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2...450650,00.html

Comment

• johnmiic
                      Adrift
                      • Sep 6, 2002

Originally posted by Surfsup
                      Looks like the Sontarans are the returning classic monsters:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2...450650,00.html
                      I can't get that link to work. If the Sontarans are coming back they can just outfit them with the Jundoon costumes and change the heads.

That really does fit overall with the new show. Sontarans are violent warrior aliens. The new show does tend to favor more physical, action oriented villains. Still it would be great if they had Ice Warriors and Zygons come back. Maybe even have them back in the same story.

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

Ha! Mike from the Young Ones as a Sontaran, funny! I think Vivian would make a great Dalek...
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• johnmiic
                          Adrift
                          • Sep 6, 2002

Really? Will he be groping Martha and the Runaway Bride?

Isn't he too short? Maybe Garry Russel has the wrong aliens in mind.

Comment

• phil
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 11, 2007

I think David Tennent has committments to a play which is the reason for the gap in full length seasons.

I'd rather see the series moving forward and not depend on bringing back old
                            character/elements unless they do something really different. I was disapointed that the religious fanatic Daleks only appeared in "Parting of the
                            Ways". I thought that was an interesting development.

As far as Tom Baker coming back it could be interesting but it looks a lot
                            different these days.

I hope Rose stays where she is. I've had more than enough of female companions mooning over the Doctor.

Comment

• YANOULI
                              Part-Time Timelord
                              • Jan 9, 2006

Originally posted by johnmiic

Isn't he too short? Maybe Garry Russel has the wrong aliens in mind.
                              I was thinking that Myself. Kevin Lindsay, who played Linx, was slightly taller i think.

I hope they re-create the Linx costume.
                              I wasn't too keen on the costumes in the 2 Doctors and the actors were too tall, Sontarans are supposed to be " nasty, brutish and short ".
                              " But you can't kill me, i'm a Genius "

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎