Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Road Warrior /Mad Max thunderdome question about Bruce Spence ... The Gyro Captain

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toysrus
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 23, 2007

Road Warrior /Mad Max thunderdome question about Bruce Spence ... The Gyro Captain

What i dont get to this day about the actor "Bruce Spence" ... The Gyro Captain- in the Road Warrior and then the same " Bruce Spence" in Mad Max 3 Thunderdome played a character named "Jedediah the Pilot"

So he isnt supposed to be the same character from the Road warrior huh? If he is the same then from the beginning of Thundrdome they dont greet each other as if they ever knew one another, and if he's supposed to be a total separate guy then its odd to use the same actor,both being pilots, almost dressed the same and all? Except in the thunderdome movie "Bruce Spence" had a son. Now thinking back in the end of the Road warrior he split with the crew who had the fuel. I dont know it just always confused me.
  • ABMAC
    User
    • May 16, 2002

Thunderdome was all a bad dream. It should be ignored like Highlander 2.

Comment

• huedell
      Museum Ball Eater
      • Dec 31, 2003

I've never seen any of the MAD MAX movies but one of my closest friends
      said in spite of it's horrid tangent---Thunderdome seems like a movie I'd like
      ----shows what my friends think about me, eh?

The guy actually recommended I see the WHOLE trilogy--- of course, but he just
      felt like he should point that 3 was a lot different than 1 & 2
      "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• RG
        Removed.
        • Oct 1, 2004

I don't know either, and it bugs me. I think they are different, but it's best to go along with ABMAC's idea and ignore the fact that Thunderdome was ever made.

Oh great just thinking about Thunderdome I got that stupid "Tomorrow-morrow Land" saying stuck in my head

Comment

• fallensaviour
          Talkative Member
          • Aug 28, 2006

Originally posted by toysrus
          What i dont get to this day about the actor "Bruce Spence" ... The Gyro Captain- in the Road Warrior and then the same " Bruce Spence" in Mad Max 3 Thunderdome played a character named "Jedediah the Pilot"

So he isnt supposed to be the same character from the Road warrior huh? If he is the same then from the beginning of Thundrdome they dont greet each other as if they ever knew one another, and if he's supposed to be a total separate guy then its odd to use the same actor,both being pilots, almost dressed the same and all? Except in the thunderdome movie "Bruce Spence" had a son. Now thinking back in the end of the Road warrior he split with the crew who had the fuel. I dont know it just always confused me.
          Actually it isn't that uncommon to use same actors in other movies in a series as different characters its's been done for years.Example the Sergio Leone Clint Eastwood trilogies.In those three movies several characters are used again and play diffferent people in the other movies;the only person to keep same character is Eastwood.

This kinda stuff used to drive me nuts.Now I look for things like that and find it really neat.
          “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• Vortigern99
            Scholar/Gentleman/Weirdo
            • Jul 2, 2006

Since the Gyro Captain, as you say, clearly 'split' with the tanker group at the end of MMII, and since the Spence character in MMIII has a different name and a different dynamic with Max, I've always taken him to be another character -- possibly the Gyro Cpt's twin brother?

Failing that, can't we just take Crow T. Robot's advice and 'get Beyond Thunderdome'???

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎