PDA

View Full Version : Bionic woman mysterious house

BaronSat
Sep 26, '07, 11:43 AM
Hello,

First I must tell that I'm new in this forum, so I hope I choosed the good section to post my new?
Oh and I'm french... that explain the poor english text you're reading. :wink_y:

As a fan of the 70's toys, I'm pretty happy to have found this EXCELLENT website (Plaid Stallions) and this forum. You people, seems to know a lot about those "good old toys", so I have a small question about a mysterious toy. Recently I found an weird item on ebay : a house for Jaime. Not the Dome house but a kind of dollhouse . And I was wondering it it was fake or a bootleg or just a very rare toy that never appeared in any ad or catalog?

You can still see it at :
Kenner-Bionic-Man-Bionic-Woman-Dollhouse (http://cgi.ebay.fr/Kenner-Bionic-Man-Bionic-Woman-Dollhouse_W0QQitemZ230169189017QQihZ013QQcategoryZ 43840QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

The only thing that looks real is the closet/computer... hm, is it a "collage"?

toys2cool
Sep 26, '07, 12:04 PM
I'm not 100% sure,But I think Is saw a boxed one that could've been this one oh and welcome to the forums :grin:

HardyGirl
Sep 26, '07, 12:11 PM
Actually this was the Bionic Woman Carriage House, and no,:no: it wasn't a bootleg. Kenner did actually make this. :yeah:

BaronSat
Sep 26, '07, 12:21 PM
I'm not 100% sure,But I think Is saw a boxed one that could've been this one oh and welcome to the forums :grin:

Any photo? Oh and Thanks

Actually this was the Bionic Woman Carriage House, and no,:no: it wasn't a bootleg. Kenner did actually make this. :yeah:

Wow, so it really exist! I can't say I think it's the best toy made for this collection but it's interesting to find something new in a 30+ years old line.
Do you have any photos or ad scans where this playset appear? I don't understand why I never saw it before, was it exclusive to some country?

cjefferys
Sep 26, '07, 12:32 PM
That's cool. I've never seen it either. Someone here might have some more info on this. And welcome to the forum, BaronSat. :)

palitoy
Sep 26, '07, 12:43 PM
Here it is:
Bug Eyed Monster - Jaime Sommers, the Bionic Woman (http://www.bugeyedmonster.com/toys/smdm/bionicwoman.shtml)

I'll check the kenner catalogs I have as well.

toys2cool
Sep 26, '07, 12:54 PM
Here it is:
Bug Eyed Monster - Jaime Sommers, the Bionic Woman (http://www.bugeyedmonster.com/toys/smdm/bionicwoman.shtml)

I'll check the kenner catalogs I have as well.

yup that's exactly the one I saw on ebay a couple of weeks ago,but it was boxed up,and the buy it now I think was $100

BaronSat
Sep 26, '07, 5:40 PM
Well I didn't thought I would get so many answer so fast, thanks to you all. And thanks for your welcome.

Palitoy, your link confirms the fact, one more time, and shows a picture, too bad there's no pic of the box. If you find something in your Kenner catalogs that would be great. I have some old Kenner catalogs but they just contains Star Wars stuff... that's not so bad but doesn't help here. :wink_y:

Toys2cool, thx for the info, I think I found the ended auction. Too bad the photos are so small but at last the toy is boxed.:cool_y:

Now when I'll need some help (and that will happen) about some SMDM items I'll know what to do.:grin:

batmanmc
Sep 26, '07, 6:27 PM
welcome aboard this place is great and ahs people with a vast knowledge of many toy lines.

slats7
Sep 27, '07, 9:40 PM
http://img459.imageshack.us/img459/894/1050000140odn9.jpg

EMCE Hammer
Sep 28, '07, 6:39 AM
Is that orange thing on the bottom right a chair hanging from the ceiling? Groovy.

HardyGirl
Sep 28, '07, 11:30 AM
Hey, it kinda looks like the swing chair that was on here earlier this week. Cool!:yes:

BaronSat
Sep 28, '07, 1:42 PM
Hey, it kinda looks like the swing chair that was on here earlier this week. Cool!:yes:

EXCELLENT! I didn't noticed that. Will that be a recurrent object on the forum? :wink_y:

One thing I was wondering : why Steve Austin doesn't have a villa too? Where does this poor guy sleep when the mission are completed?

cjefferys
Sep 28, '07, 4:30 PM
I could have sworn that either Steve or Jamie had some kind of inflatable dome type of house, or am I thinking of a completely different toyline?

HardyGirl
Sep 28, '07, 6:25 PM
EXCELLENT! I didn't noticed that. Will that be a recurrent object on the forum? :wink_y:

One thing I was wondering : why Steve Austin doesn't have a villa too? Where does this poor guy sleep when the mission are completed?

I guess for the same reason GIJoe didn't have a house. He just had a base. Besides, Steve had the Bionic Transport/Repair Station and the Mission Control set.

HardyGirl
Sep 28, '07, 6:26 PM
I could have sworn that either Steve or Jamie had some kind of inflatable dome type of house, or am I thinking of a completely different toyline?

Nope you're right, Steve had the Mission Control set that inflated, and since Kenner wanted nothing wasted, Jaime had a Dome house, (the same inflated set w/ different accessories.)

BaronSat
Sep 29, '07, 10:56 AM
I guess for the same reason GIJoe didn't have a house. He just had a base. Besides, Steve had the Bionic Transport/Repair Station and the Mission Control set.

It's unfair :smiley1:
That's probably why I did this one for my SMDM/Lego minifigure. It's freely inspired by the Big Jim Kung Fu studio, you know the place where "everybody was kung Fu fighting... hu!

http://www.baronsat.net/tempo/Steve%20Austin%20Bionic%20Villa.jpg

Yes, I'm a Legomaniac but I try to cure :grin:

HardyGirl
Sep 30, '07, 5:13 PM
It's unfair :smiley1:
That's probably why I did this one for my SMDM/Lego minifigure. It's freely inspired by the Big Jim Kung Fu studio, you know the place where "everybody was kung Fu fighting... hu!

http://www.baronsat.net/tempo/Steve%20Austin%20Bionic%20Villa.jpg

Yes, I'm a Legomaniac but I try to cure :grin:

Wow! That's pretty cool! :cool_y: Did you make that yourself? Where did you get the materials?

ABMAC
Sep 30, '07, 5:50 PM
I suspect Samedi bought them at a place called a "store."

BaronSat
Oct 1, '07, 3:11 AM
Wow! That's pretty cool! :cool_y: Did you make that yourself? Where did you get the materials?

Thanks. Yes, I enjoy making custom Lego models. The decos on the minifigs torsos are real decals, designed by myself and printed by another Legomaniac friend.
These models are not on my website (see my signature for link) but I can show more photos here if you want? But maybe I'd better start another topic for that?

I suspect Samedi bought them at a place called a "store."

Do you mean my model are as good as offical sets? Thanks, that's a compliment.

SlipperyLilSuckers
Oct 1, '07, 5:19 AM
I have never seen that Jaimie house before...thanks.

BaronSat
Oct 1, '07, 9:18 AM
I have never seen that Jaimie house before...thanks.

At last someone who didn't knew this toy. I am not alone :wink_y:

palitoy
Oct 1, '07, 11:25 AM
Oddly enough the 1977 Kenner catalog arrived at my door this morning.

http://www.plaidstallions.com/kenner/carriage.jpg

1975whambam
Apr 22, '09, 12:12 AM
yes kenner did make a 2 story Carriage house for jaime sommers. it appears in the 1977 fall catalog.

SlipperyLilSuckers
Apr 22, '09, 2:15 AM
Interesting coincidence Brian!

Riffster
Apr 22, '09, 7:34 AM
I love the print next to the house..hahah Bionic Boyfriend in her boudoir

Can you say bionic dream home? Between missions Jaime can kick back in her posh pad complete with spiral staircase, dining room table and boudoir. Perfect for entertaining bionic boyfriends or just relaxing.

joffa
Jan 29, '11, 9:20 PM
Crikey If that was mint or near mint in a box I'm sure it would be worth at least 6 mill???:ugh_y:

Bad joke:googly:

But hey never seen one on ebay

Joff

Karen-bionic-fan
Jan 31, '11, 5:16 PM
Iv posted mine before as part of my collection its superb