• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wee67
    Museum Correspondent
    • Apr 2, 2002

How Bad It Has Become

OR How Good It Has Become.

I'm cleaning out my office here at work, trying to get rid of the clutter. I open the drawer of a hideous little file cabinet to see if I can clear it out. Inside- A boxed Hyrdrocopter, Photon Sled, Galactic Cruncher and some random micro-parts.

I'll move it to the bottom drawer of desk. Well, that's filled with Marvel calenders from 1976-80, a couple Power records and some other hero stuff that I don't even recognize.

My little apartment is so... well, little. My toys have infiltrated my workspace! But I refuse to get rid of the Kung Fu grip Joe on my shelf

Have any toys followed you to work?
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.
  • Dave Mc
    Administrator
    • Oct 20, 2002

I have 8 figures on my shelf at work. The basics. Kirk, Spock, Zauis, Corny, Spidey, Supes, Batman and Robin.

Nothing overtaking my desk drawers though.

Comment

• toys2cool
      Ultimate Mego Warrior
      • Nov 27, 2006

Can't really take toys to a gym for me,but if I had a desk it be full of toys and stuff just like yours
      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• garagesale
        Dept. of Mego Studies
        • Aug 8, 2006

I have about 80 Megos/Megolike figures in my office. There are only about 20-30 left at the house, along with all hundreds of clothes and accessories (all nicely organized in drawers and tupperwares).

My wife kicked out the Mego displays but let me keep my work area.

JamesD

http://www.libarts.uco.edu/english/adjunct/dolph/

THANKS!

Comment

• mitchedwards
          Mego Preservation Society
          • May 2, 2003

No toys in my office at my customer. However my home office is a different story

Think B.A. Where did you hide the Megos?

Comment

• HardyGirl
            Mego Museum's Poster Girl
            • Apr 3, 2007

I work at a school, what do you think?:wink2: No seriously, I don't leave my toys at school, but I have taken them w/ me sometimes: my kids have seen Evel Knievel, GIJoe, Action Jackson, Big Jim & Friends, SSP cars and various dolls.
            "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
            'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
            Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
            If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Marvelmania
              A Ray of Sunshine
              • Jun 17, 2001

I have a Cap and Spidey on my desk at work but that's about. Everything else is either cramed in my toyroom or put in a plastic storage bin. I have one downstairs storage room filled with plastic bins. If I were to have to give up my toy room I have no idea what I'd do with my stuff, I guess move to a bigger house or suffer from withdraw.

Comment

• AcroRay
                Persistent Member
                • Apr 17, 2005

I've always had a few. Currently Karza's at my cubicle and a handful of smaller Palisades-edition Micros. A current (KayBee/K-Mart) Godzilla vinyl. Couple of current Japanese robots. My collection of Matchbox TV News & Uplink trucks (I'm not the only guy in the studio that has those, though.). I've also got a Palisades 14" Optimus Prime artist proof and a production sample of the Shockwave statue, along with a framed proof of the box (those are personal work portfolio pieces, though).
                Micronauts Collector, Historian, Consultant
                AcroRay's Laboratory - My Micronauts Blog
                The Micropolis Embassy - My Micronauts Group
                Rockets, Robots & Dinosaurs - My Blog for Other Interests

Comment

• Meule
                  Verbose Member
                  • Nov 14, 2004

No toys at work, plenty at home
                  My girlfriend, who's a kindergarten teacher, did bring me a naked Cap Patch once she found at school
                  "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• wyatterb
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jul 2, 2001

They have followed me to work and then collection there is getting bigger..

Comment

• johnmiic
                      Adrift
                      • Sep 6, 2002

Sadly, I have no mego's at work. I still need to restore many of them to make them presentable.

I did have a Baron Karza on mydesk when the Star Wars prequels were coming out thinking people would say, "Ohhh, is that a new Darth Vader?" Instead it freaked out many female employees who thought it was a Devil action figure,(***!?!?!?!?)! I dunno how they made that connection.

Sometimes tho, I keep a Spock or some Trek figure, in a drawer and when people go home I enlarge blueprints of vehicles on the photocopier to see how big they would be in Mego scale.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎