• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mars396
    Museum Super Collector
    • Sep 14, 2007

Space:1999 Repros

Well, I am truly sorry to hear that.

All this “Retro Cloth” talk has put me in a mood…

I was about to order their whole series of Space:1999 figures.

Good thing I found out they are craptacular before I spent all that money on them!
  • jds1911a1
    Alan Scott is the best GL
    • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by mars396
    Well, I am truly sorry to hear that.

All this “Retro Cloth” talk has put me in a mood…

I was about to order their whole series of Space:1999 figures.

Good thing I found out they are craptacular before I spent all that money on them!
    Dr mego also makes space 1999 stuff. One of the links in his footer has dressed figs incl koenig
    I find Ctct heads to be very close in quality to vintage and rubbery softness (doc's are like a rigid plastic resin) doc's eyes look a little better to me. Do'cs bodys are much better made than the ctvt's I have (but my ctvt's are about 2 yrs old)

Comment

• mars396
      Museum Super Collector
      • Sep 14, 2007

Yes, I've seen Doc's Keonig for $30.

I love Doc's work, and have many, many figures created from his products.

And I will buy every last one of his Star Trek and Apes figures.

However, his Space:1999 figures have the right sleeve colored with the rank/position color, while the CTVT figures match the original Palitoy figures (colored LEFT sleeve).

Also, Doc's are wearing white jumpsuits stretched over standard hero boots, while the CTVTs have the white "Star Trek" legs and groovy flaired pants, which also better match the originals.

Comment

• jds1911a1
        • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by mars396
        Yes, I've seen Doc's Keonig for $30.

I love Doc's work, and have many, many figures created from his products.

And I will buy every last one of his Star Trek and Apes figures.

However, his Space:1999 figures have the right sleeve colored with the rank/position color, while the CTVT figures match the original Palitoy figures (colored LEFT sleeve).

Also, Doc's are wearing white jumpsuits stretched over standard hero boots, while the CTVTs have the white "Star Trek" legs and groovy flaired pants, which also better match the originals.
        I never caught that about the uniform sleeves but I don't think CTVT made koenig at all. Not sure if the Mattel made version in the us (9 inch scale) had the reversed sleeves or not

Comment

• YANOULI
          Part-Time Timelord
          • Jan 9, 2006

Originally posted by jds1911a1
          I never caught that about the uniform sleeves but I don't think CTVT made koenig at all. Not sure if the Mattel made version in the us (9 inch scale) had the reversed sleeves or not

CTVT made a Koenig uniform but without a collar and the stripe on the right arm .

The Mattel 9" koenig is pretty accurate, althought the sleeve and stripe colour on mine is brown rather than black.
          " But you can't kill me, i'm a Genius "

Comment

• jds1911a1
            • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by YANOULI
            CTVT made a Koenig uniform but without a collar and the stripe on the right arm .

The Mattel 9" koenig is pretty accurate, althought the sleeve and stripe colour on mine is brown rather than black.
            Thanks for the info on th emattel one

I knew they made the uniform, DOC makes the head pre painted on his fig so for a really nice one you ned doc's doll and ctvt uniform i guess

Comment

• mars396
              Museum Super Collector
              • Sep 14, 2007

WOW ! now I have my very own topic ! Thanks whoever made this its own topic.

and looks like I am trashing everybody's fine work.
              I'm really not.

I absolutely love Doc Mego's stuff, and have 5 or 6 figures constructed with his products. Best "Megos" in my collection - solid joints, great scultping, awesome costumes.

And I am not trashing CTVT, either. I am ordering a bunch of their Space:1999 figures next week.

Comment

• batmanmc
                mego batman collector
                • Jun 22, 2004

thectvt outfits and accessories are great.

Comment

• mego70
                  • Jul 4, 2007

I agree.

Best thing would be to use the head and clothing, then just use a Doc body or even better, fit some of his white boot legs onto an original Mego body.

Comment

• YANOULI
                    Part-Time Timelord
                    • Jan 9, 2006

Apart from the oversize heads, the female figures i have are pretty good.

I bought loads of the Carter and Morrow astronauts and " black sun " Bergmans, as it was cheaper to get the figures and parts like that than individually and i had no problems with the bodies as with the previous waves.
                    " But you can't kill me, i'm a Genius "

Comment

• jds1911a1
                      • Aug 8, 2007

thats waht I did becuase I had lots of t2 vintage megos who needed lower legs anyway

Comment

• mars396
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Sep 14, 2007

Well, I couldn't stand not owning these, so today I ordered 7 of them.

Should they meet my approval, I will certainly buy every last one of the Space:1999 figures, and probably a bunch of their other products as well.

Comment

• Capt Kirk
                          Museum Patron
                          • Jan 15, 2005

I've had very little trouble with CTVT. My last order had some broken and missing items, and they quickly and politely replaced them.
                          AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Comment

• mars396
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • Sep 14, 2007

so... they arrived today

and I have nothing to add that hasn't already been written about CTVT:
                            The clothing and heads are great; the older bodies (Space:1999 series 1) are wound too tight, and don't display correctly; the newer ones (Generic crew members) are AWESOME and perfect; and the Space Suited figure looks good, but has issues.

Overall, for what I scored all of this for, I am thrilled !

Now onto Knights and Monsters (oh, and more Space:1999)
                            Last edited by mars396; Oct 16, '07, 6:50 PM.

Comment

• Steeler80
                              Mayor of Strunk
                              • Jun 29, 2001

The series 1 bodies are too tight. I've not taken them out of the package yet but couldn't you just restring them like a type 1 Mego body and have the joints more loose?

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎