Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wonder***Woman
    • Sep 22, 2007

About Wonder Woman (12 inch)

I have some questions anout the 12 inch Wonder Woman. I own one with the painted on costume and was wondering if there was any way to determine if she was one of the dolls with Fly Away Action. I recieved the doll from an eBay auction a year or two ago, she came with the complete Wonder Woman costume (painted torso,star panties,tiara,boots) subtract the lasso and one bracelet, she also came with the Diana Prince costume subtract the glasses. She is in good condition, a sholder plastic melt from the glue I suppose, a few blue spots (what causes this to happen?) on her ankles, a small gap between left shoulder and torso (fixed after messing around wither her), and some odd melting spots (not noticable with panties on) on the yellow umm..where her legs conect, and a few paint chips to her torso. I got her for a little over $50. Wonder Woman's face paint is beautiful just as good as out of the box as is her eyelashes,her hair had that odd friz to it (what was the doll's hair made of? And why does this fiz happen?) which I tried nearly everything with no avail so her hair got a good brushing and a trim (still long but no flip(never was when I got it, just friz)) which looks fine.I was wondering also about how much is mine worth? And any possible information about the line that you find intresting I would like to know, as well as your thoughts on the line. Thank you for your time,
    =W=
    /~*=W=*~\
  • jemboy2004
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 14, 2005

Hi there
    You are talking about my favorite mego line of toys. The Wonder Woman doll!
    First, I don't think the painted suit WW ever came with the fly away action. It was the later editions that had the removable suit that had the fly away action, which came as a tan and white doll, some had the long nails hands and some had the more of the action figure hands, that wasn't as glamorous as the long nail hands.
    The dolls have melting on the shoulders and hips due to the plastics reacting to one another. The best thing to prevent this is to keep the doll in a cool place. Air Conditioning is best. The blue spots are caused by the plastic reacting to the stuff used inside to make the legs bend.
    This was my favorite toy as a kid. There are some other dolls in the series, Steve Trevor, WW Mother and Nubia her enemy and some very rare fashions and maybe a playset was made as well but this has not surfaced yet that I know of. I'm still hoping to see one some day.
    hope to see you around this place more.

Comment

• ozcollector1992
      Longtime Oz Collector
      • Oct 13, 2006

The only painted fly away action i can think of is the canadian WW.
      here is the link
      Wonder Woman: 12 Inch Super Heroes Gallery: Mego Museum

Sean
      Your powers on Earth may seem extraordinary, Kal-El, but we are not gods. - Jor-El (Smallville Season 5)

Comment

• jemboy2004
        Persistent Member
        • Aug 14, 2005

funny I never even noticed that painted suit version of the WW doll on MM with the fly away action. I'm guessing that is hard to find with the fly away action.
        Cool to know.Thanks for pointing it out.

Comment

• ozcollector1992
          Longtime Oz Collector
          • Oct 13, 2006

Well, this may be hard to find because it was the canadian version??
          This isn't my speciality so sorry about sounding "dumb" on the subject

Sean
          Your powers on Earth may seem extraordinary, Kal-El, but we are not gods. - Jor-El (Smallville Season 5)

Comment

• Wonder***Woman
            • Sep 22, 2007

http://www.wonderwomanmuseum.com/relics.html
            That web site is the best for info about the doll! Pics about the never produced playsets and more! I think you might find that site very interesting jemboy!the rest of the site is realy awsome to!And about the nail I never knew! My mother had a Wonder Woman doll with the cloth outfit. The doll was found half eaten in my granmother's attic so all that servived was the one peice outfit!After a quick check mine does have the longer more glam nails. Another odd thing I noticed is that some dolls had feet made like the hands,they were sepperate peices of plastic for more posibility, mine doesn't have the jointed (swivel?) ankles.
            Last edited by Wonder***Woman; Sep 23, '07, 10:50 AM.
            /~*=W=*~\

Comment

• ABMAC
              User
              • May 16, 2002

I'm not too favourably impressed by a site that lifts pictures without permission from eBay and other sites. And they don't even list Mego's 8" and Comic Action figures.

Some of their information is incorrect, also. Sic Semper Ignorants

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by ABMAC
                I'm not too favourably impressed by a site that lifts pictures without permission from eBay and other sites. And they don't even list Mego's 8" and Comic Action figures.

Andy the webmeister of WWM is one of the rare people that asked before he borrowed, he's alright in my book. He also knows there are inaccuracies but his current duties involving the filmation rereleases have slowed any updates. I'm pretty sure I've sent him the pics he needs.

Andy was also fundemental in getting World's Greatest Toys a publisher.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• jemboy2004
                  Persistent Member
                  • Aug 14, 2005

Well If anyone has either of the WW dolls from Canada with or without fly away action I'd be interested in buying them.

Comment

• ABMAC
                    User
                    • May 16, 2002

Originally posted by palitoy
                    Andy the webmeister of WWM is one of the rare people that asked before he borrowed, he's alright in my book. He also knows there are inaccuracies but his current duties involving the filmation rereleases have slowed any updates. I'm pretty sure I've sent him the pics he needs.

Andy was also fundemental in getting World's Greatest Toys a publisher.
                    Wonderful. I'm glad he got permission from you first. I hate battles with people who can't grasp the concept of copyright.

Comment

• batmanmc
                      mego batman collector
                      • Jun 22, 2004

wonder woamn aslo came with some ncie outifts . well the outfits were sold seperate . they are cool. i saw some of rics and am amazed at how good they look. mike

Comment

• Wonder***Woman
                        • Sep 22, 2007

I think it would be an intresting project ot re-create one of the playsets, or even an outfit. And I agree batman the outfits are very cool and nicely detailed!
                        /~*=W=*~\

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

The playset is mocked up from Sonny and Cher's theatre in the round. If that thing weren't so hard to find and expensive to ship, I'd have made a Superman the Movie playset by now.
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• jemboy2004
                            Persistent Member
                            • Aug 14, 2005

I thought of getting the cher playset myself to re-do as a WW playset but it can be hard to get at a good price. I don't even have the set for my cher dolls yet. I think they did 2 different playsets that they show with the outfits in 77 and 78? I think.

Comment

• Wonder***Woman
                              • Sep 22, 2007

I guess if one ever comes up (messed up one, or one for a decent price) it'll be like Chirstmas!
                              /~*=W=*~\

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎