• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thundarr
    Banned
    • Apr 23, 2007

Hands with a better GRIP?

Hello everyone.
    Does this bother anyone else? This is my biggest gripe about MEGO figures...their hands. Nicely detailed and all, but kind of in a 'gesture' pose. I understand this with WGSH, super-types don't use weapons usually, but for my Apes I'd like better grips. Any repros made or any ideas? They remind me of the early Joe hands...those are far worse though, always looked like they were supposed to be pinching a joint. I have DRAGON hands on my Captain Action, they just pop in and out and allow him a whole RANGE of awesome stuff....from pulley rigs to underwater gear to sci-fi type stuff. (Just look at that sword in my picture...thats from the Sigma Six figure 'ShipWreck'..its badass..)

Although very realistic, the Mego hands could grip better as far as I am concerned.

Joe
  • ctc
    Fear the monkeybat!
    • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

I found the male hands to be okay for grip. The problem with the apes is the rifle; not the hands. The pistolgrip is WAY too big for a Mego hand. I made repro ones and filed the grips down, and they work fine.

Don C.

Comment

• Hulk
      Mayor of Megoville
      • May 10, 2003

There have been figures with more articulated hands, but few since Mego (and none before) that were done as well. It was a pretty brilliant compromise in my opinion.

Comment

• ABMAC
        User
        • May 16, 2002

Nothing beats the vinyl Marx hands.

Comment

• Thundarr
          Banned
          • Apr 23, 2007

Do you mean the hands from Johnny West/Knights/etc?

Joe

Comment

• ABMAC
            User
            • May 16, 2002

No, hands from Johnny Apollo.

Comment

• Thundarr
              Banned
              • Apr 23, 2007

Thanks for the 'lesson' man...I had no idea! He looks cool as hell, and I can see what you mean about his grips from the pictures...great stuff! That Crawler thing looks like its the same mold as that Matt Mason vehicle, no?

Always good to learn about toys you had no clue about.

Joe

Comment

• K
                Fun Will Now Commence
                • Jun 20, 2001

I think that this is an area in which the Doc Mego repro hands are useful. They're more pliable than original Mego hands and can therefore grasp accessories better.

Otherwise, in a pinch I've bent fingers on original Mego hands (gently and slightly, of course!) if they're too "open" to hold an accessory in a pose.
                I LOVE CHEESECAKE!!!sigpic

"...and the Geeks shall inherit the earth."

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎