X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Doc
    Banned
    • May 9, 2010

Any Pirates availible?

Any have some Pirates to donate to a needy mego fan?
  • captact
    King of Super Queens!
    • Aug 19, 2007

Originally posted by Doc
    Any have some Pirates to donate to a needy mego fan?
    ....ive been asking the same since they came out,.......no replies my friend,....

Comment

• thoriron
      Career Member
      • Apr 22, 2004

i also wait for one set

Comment

• Doc
        Banned
        • May 9, 2010

Ususally after Megomeet the regulars come back with a bunch of new cards.

Comment

• Doc
          Banned
          • May 9, 2010

Originally posted by Doc
          Ususally after Megomeet the regulars come back with a bunch of new cards.
          AHEMUsually after megomeet regulars come back with a bunch of new cards.

Comment

• captact
            King of Super Queens!
            • Aug 19, 2007

Guess no one is hearing Doc.....

Comment

• Doc
              Banned
              • May 9, 2010

Awwwwww come on pu pu please!

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
                Persistent Member
                • Feb 18, 2007

THe cards are probably becomming more hassle for the people making them. THey are tired of the project and seek to move on to bigger an better things. The cards just are not being circulated like they once were...which is a damn shame, because it was a great idea.

Comment

• megoscott
                  Founding Partner
                  • Nov 17, 2006

I'm not sure what's happening with these. Brian does a good job of getting them out, I know that for a fact. Seems like they were passed around at Megomeet and a lot of people got them, so it may not just be the people making them that are not distributing them as enthusiastically as before. I can't deny they are a pain in the neck and I've got other fish to fry, but I personally hate dealing with the mail and I've always been a lousy distributor.

If you send me a self addressed stamped envelope I will send you some Pirate cards. PM me for an address.
                  This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Fuzzysnail
                    THe cards are probably becomming more hassle for the people making them. THey are tired of the project and seek to move on to bigger an better things. The cards just are not being circulated like they once were...which is a damn shame, because it was a great idea.
                    Beg pardon? I sent out piles of these things spending more than $150 in postage, I also gave out hundreds of sets at Mego meet. We're busy, agreed but I never once said I was tired of the project and I haven't been sitting on the darn things.

The pirates came in shortly after the 1978 catalog, most people got a set from ordering that. I imagine it kind of quenched demand a little. I sent out at least 100 sets through that.
                    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Mikey
                      Verbose Member
                      • Aug 9, 2001

I still need a set along with all the new PS cards and sticker.

Comment

• Doc
                        Banned
                        • May 9, 2010

Thanks Scott and Gummi for the offer to help. Much appreciated. PMs sent.

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
                          Persistent Member
                          • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by palitoy
                          Beg pardon? I sent out piles of these things spending more than $150 in postage, I also gave out hundreds of sets at Mego meet. We're busy, agreed but I never once said I was tired of the project and I haven't been sitting on the darn things.

The pirates came in shortly after the 1978 catalog, most people got a set from ordering that. I imagine it kind of quenched demand a little. I sent out at least 100 sets through that.
                          Hey, not beating anyone up, just stating the cards just dont seem to be as available as they use to be. I think its crAZY THAT YOU SPENT 150.00 OF YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY just to mail these out. people should send you a self addressed stamped envelope if they want a set. I would do that. It seems the least we could do. I wanted to collect a set of the pirates, but I never even asked, when I saw the others asking and not receiving any responses. I also thought there would be a large number available, aftre the meet. It just didn't happen.
                          I must have bought my catalog before the pirates arrived.

take care.

Comment

• ScottA
                            Original Member
                            • Jun 25, 2001

Originally posted by Fuzzysnail
                            It's comments like these that might cause the end of the Mego and PS cards. I for one would be very upset if that happened. I love the cards and hope they continue for years to come.

I personally have sent out about a dozen or so sets of the Pirates and later PS cards and some of the Tex stickers I picked up at Mego Meet. I still have a few more to go too.
                            sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• wolfie
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 31, 2007

Before this gets silly and out of hand can i just say that the work that people put into the cards on behalf of the members of this forum is very much appreciated not only by myself but also everyone else aswell.

Thank you, you may now return to your normal trading.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎