X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Duncan
    Museum focus-groupie
    • Jun 27, 2009

My Meet thoughts

Wow. That was really cool. I've been to Meets in the past, but previously only for the dealers' room. This time I arrived on Fri afternoon and left on Sat afternoon. Next year I'll have to stay longer.

It was nice to meet everyone. 'Thank you' very much to the people who bought stuff from my table. I hope you enjoy.

'Thank you' to Palitoy (sorry, I had trouble matching screen names to real names). I went to buy a Reimagined catalogue, and he wouldn't take my money when I mentioned that I was still waiting on the ones I ordered, plus the replacement he sent. None of that was his fault, but he still made good. I'm happy to report that one did arrive in the mail today, so I'm all set. If the others ever arrive, I'll pass them along.

I really enjoyed hanging out in the Suite on Fri night. Although I didn't have much to say, I had a blast listening to the discussion with Art. I gave up on comics around 1996, but hearing someone speak about them with such genuine passion has renewed my interest. Now I have to catch up on Shazam & Tiny Titans. And where else can you watch people race toy cars down a hill at 2:30 in the AM?

So, I already regret leaving early on Saturday. I can't wait until next year, and I'll make sure to get an extended pass from the wife. I'd bring her along, but then we'd have to also bring the kids, and nobody at the Meet deserves that.
  • ScottA
    Original Member
    • Jun 25, 2001

Glad to meet you too Duncan. You had some killer stuff. It takes a couple of times in the suite to get into it, but once you do it's fun as heck.
    sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• B-Lister
      Eccentric Weirdo
      • Mar 19, 2010

Duncan, if any more arrive, I'm looking for a good deal on one!
      Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Flynne
        Permanent Member
        • Jan 22, 2003

Originally posted by Duncan
        So, I already regret leaving early on Saturday. I can't wait until next year, and I'll make sure to get an extended pass from the wife. I'd bring her along, but then we'd have to also bring the kids, and nobody at the Meet deserves that.
        Dude! You totally SHOULD bring the wife and kids! MegoMeet loves kids, big and small. I think one of my best memories this year was scrambling to put together an inexpensive Captain America for a young boy. You really haven't experienced the Meet well enough until you see it through the eyes of an 8 year old.
        An old Irish Blessing - "May those who love us, love us; and if they do not love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He does not turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, that we may know them by their limping"

Comment

• Duncan
          Museum focus-groupie
          • Jun 27, 2009

Originally posted by Flynne
          Dude! You totally SHOULD bring the wife and kids! MegoMeet loves kids, big and small. I think one of my best memories this year was scrambling to put together an inexpensive Captain America for a young boy. You really haven't experienced the Meet well enough until you see it through the eyes of an 8 year old.
          You make a good point, and all of the kids there were really well behaved. My sincere compliments to all of their parents - they're doing something right.

However, my kids would end up being known as those kids. Recent quotations from the 5-year old girl:

"Dad, c'mere. I want you to torture the cat!"

[Pets the neighbor's dog and has a hair on her hand.] "I can use this for DNA testing."

[Asking same neighbors for a contribution to St. Jude's for cancer research after riding in the Trike-a-thon.] "I rode my bike - give me money!" [She may or may not have implied the posession of a weapon; details are sketchy.]

Plus, they don't sleep. They'd be closing down the Mego Suite, long after I've gone to bed. That'd just be embarassing.

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

Plus, they don't sleep.
            I have those models as well, I envy the parents that can bring their young ones but mine wouldn't gel.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎