X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

E3 starts tomorrow!

Party time for game nerds! Microsoft's show will be live on Spike at 1 PM eastern tomorrow.

Leaks are already popping up about the long rumor XBOX 360 slim and Project Natal's official name.

New Xbox 360 Coming, Project Natal Renamed to Kinect And More
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • MegoSteve
    Superman's Pal
    • Jun 17, 2005

I'm looking forward to their big conference tomorrow, but I really dislike Natal... well, more like I don't care at all about it, and think it's a lame gimmick.

Hopefully, there will be some news on Saints Row 3.

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by MegoSteve
      but I really dislike Natal... well, more like I don't care at all about it, and think it's a lame gimmick.
      I don't just dislike Natal. I absolutely loath Natal.

The day I have to flail my arms around in front of a camera to play Gears and Halo is the day I trade in my 360. Now, I don't hate motion controls on principle and I don't mind Sony's new motion controllers. They're supposed to be kinda like the Wii controllers but better. You know, they actually work and offer some real precision. Unless your idea of a great game consists of flailing your arms around swatting at virtual balls, you need physical controllers with real buttons to play games.

I'm not a fanboy and have all three systems. Heck, I'm on my second 360. But I hope Natal falls hard. The traditional core gamer has been really good to MS. We put up with the Red Rings of Death and bought games in droves. No excuse for dropping this abomination on us.
      Last edited by Werewolf; Jun 13, '10, 10:40 PM. Reason: typos
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Bill
        Parminant Memble
        • Oct 20, 2002

E3 was always a brutal week with very little sleep. I miss that diner up the street more than anything.
        Remember when E3 moved locations every three years? LA makes me wanna puke.

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

What get's me is all this "controllers are getting too difficult to use" and "controllers are a barrier" nonsense. Oh, boohoo. The Intellivision came out 30 years ago and had 16 buttons, 17 if you count the control disk, and no one back then moaned "Oh, this is just to hard to use. This is too complicated."

If the now coveted casual gamer can figure out how to play Farmville and twitter using a keyboard, with a heck of a lot more buttons than a 360 controller has, then they can figure out how to play a game that doesn't consist of flailing around like an idiot in front of a camera.

And, don't even get me started on that creepy as hell "Milo" thing Molyneux is pushing on us. That's just messed up.

Comment

• MegoSteve
            Superman's Pal
            • Jun 17, 2005

When I first typed my response, I had "hate" instead of "dislike." I honestly couldn't care less about Natal (or Kinect or whatever they're calling it now) as long as it doesn't start to encroach on the games I like to play.

My only concern is that it will lead to lame cash-grab shovelware like proliferates on the Wii.

Hey, at least it's not as stupid as Playstation Move and their light-up lollipop controllers.

Bill: I've never been to E3... I'd love to go someday, but I'm not in the industry.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by MegoSteve
              My only concern is that it will lead to lame cash-grab shovelware like proliferates on the Wii.
              That's another big worry. The flood of Wii shovelware on the 360 is probably inevitable now.
              Last edited by Werewolf; Jun 14, '10, 2:28 PM.

Comment

• bizzaro megomauler
                WANTED for card bending
                • Apr 26, 2008

If i wanted to get up and swing my arms and such, i would play my wii, I hate the fact that great games like Rogue trooper were re-done with a commotment to the lame controller! some games utalize it well (boom blox,wii sports,Warioware) but most just play better without it (punch-out!!!)

Big news is being kept hush hush, but I hear a new console or 2 will be announced. Yeah this is a geekfest, and it's like Megomeet, san deiego comicon, and the lost season permeres rolled into one!

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Just finished watching Microsoft's E3 show.

Well, that sucked. Sucked even more than I thought it would. They are building a fighting force of extraordinary suckitude. It boldly sucked like no one has sucked before. Their describing the Xbox 360 as having experiences was very telling. Because it sure as hell didn't have games anymore. Three traditional games (Halo, Gears and Fable) and the rest was all Kinect.

The new XBOX slim was a sexy beast. I give them that. About time wifi was built in. Hopefully the new model won't red ring on people. Both me and my sister are on our second 360s.

Hopefully Sony's show will rock. It's already a foregone conclusion Nintendo's will suck. More waggle and maybe a new Zelda if we are lucky.

Comment

• bizzaro megomauler
                    WANTED for card bending
                    • Apr 26, 2008

[QUOTE=Werewolf;557288]Just finished watching Microsoft's E3 show.

The new XBOX slim was a sexy beast. I give them that. About time wifi was built in. Hopefully the new model won't red ring on people. Both me and my sister are on our second 360s.

QUOTE]

on my 5th 360! piece of crap....

Comment

• MegoSteve
                      Superman's Pal
                      • Jun 17, 2005

I watched the Microsoft presentation and enjoyed it, but Kinect is just a bad way to go for them. I want whatever they're smoking if they think the mass market is going to go out and spend $300 for a console and $150 for a motion adapter when they can go out and spend $200 and get a Wii, which is what they wanted in the first place.

I have to be honest, though... I liked the exercise demo and the dance game demo, but I won't buy them.

I do like the Slim and the built-in N adapter is a step in the right direction, but it's time MS develops a web browser for the 360 and includes a Blu-Ray drive.

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

Nintendo's show rocked. It rocked hard. I'm still in shock. We must be in some kind of weird parallel universe when Nintendo's show puts Microsoft's to shame.

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

Sony also had a fantastic show. Probably even better than Nintendo's. I was impressed by the Move controllers. It looks like something gamers would actually want with real games with actual game play and precision instead of just flailling your arms around to Wii rip off shovelware like with Microsoft's cringworthy Kinect.

Comment

• bizzaro megomauler
                            WANTED for card bending
                            • Apr 26, 2008

If i wanted to play Wii, i would just dust it off, the only one got me excited a bit was EA, and the 3-ds has my interest...

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
                              Formerly known as Del
                              • Dec 12, 2004

I only caught a few highlights of the Microsoft show. They didn't announce a whole lot of games that I'm interested in. I actually started muting it when the guy was standing onstage with the music and shapes flying all over the screen, because it got annoying.
                              I've always enjoyed Nintendo games and characters, so this was the show I was most excited about. I'm always happy to see a new Metroid game, and the new Zelda looks good. I'm glad that they're making a new Kid Icarus game, because I liked the old one. I'm also very interested in the new Kirby, because it looks very cool.
                              Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
                              https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
                              http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎