PDA

View Full Version : My Meet with photos

Brue
Jun 13, '10, 5:59 PM
As always - everyone there is top notch.

A couple years ago someone asked if you count internet forum members as friends. I had a long answer that boiled down to "kind of"

After MM I will say - Yes!

You guys know me (understand me even -I think). You are kind and great to hang out with.

People don't go to mego meet to buy and sell toys (if you consider travel cost and time this is not really cost effective). It is about community. I am spoiled living 2 hours away and having a friend in wheeling to stay with. Had it not been I probably would have passed on MM. However, knowing what I know - the trip would be worth it from the west coast (probably not from Australia though)

At any rate - I had a great time.

Being able to spend time with my wheeling friend and a triathlon Saturday kept me out of the Suite and Undo's but I still feel I had an EXCELLENT Mego Meet.

I managed tyo only buy a couple items - emblems from David Lee cheap, a mint in the box Dorothy for eight bucks from Ed - how can you not buy at least one mego at MM especial a mint in the box figure for practically nothing. I'll just consider it a gift. Larry GAVE me the Robin glove I needed. I picked up most of the MM cards I needed.

I got rid of 12 cubic feet of stuff. Thank you for buying it - hope your happy with it.

I love costumes and you (were forced to) put up with that.

picture I and others took (http://gallery.me.com/bruehoyt/100165) you can download and add to the album

pics Lily took (http://gallery.me.com/bruehoyt#100172) - I love her perspective

Lily really wanted to go to MM this year. This is her 3rd trip. (6,8,10)
She loves Rich'e JJ Planet Patrol bugs and guy. These sets really are sweet - they are unique characters. They have weapons and enememies. He has given them away. I gave Lily ten bucks to get a set this year which is still a great price for your kids to get to have mego fun. He wouldn't let her get away without giving her another toy. As soon as we saw it (an Alien) we knew Eleanor (3) would LOVE it. She is carrying him arount now.
She also really loved playing with Doc's family. Gwen is a very nice girl.
Getting Coke (first time) out of the machine and playing the piano were other highlights she had.

Got to talk with I think everyone there at least briefly. I would list you all but I'd leave one or 2 people out because i have swiss cheese memory so I'll just say - nice talking to you , you.

saildog
Jun 13, '10, 6:09 PM
Those are great pics, Brue!

Thanks for sharing.

Loved the Iron Fist costume!

wilbs518
Jun 13, '10, 7:41 PM
really cool pics! thanks.

MegoMark71
Jun 13, '10, 7:47 PM
Great pics, thanks for letting us see them.

noelani72
Jun 13, '10, 8:14 PM
good seein ya again dude.

cactus725
Jun 13, '10, 8:25 PM
Looks like yall had a GREAT time!!!

Nostalgiabuff
Jun 13, '10, 8:44 PM
great pics Brue. always looks like a good time,. wish i could have been there

megojim
Jun 13, '10, 8:50 PM
Great seeing you Brue, thanks for the Scarecrow hat!
Your daughter was a joy to watch
cya next year
-jim

samurainoir
Jun 13, '10, 10:06 PM
It was great meeting you and Lily on Saturday Brue! I hope you and did great in your tri today.

I had a really great time hanging out in the custom area the Cast-A-Way boys set up, chatting with you and Lily, Spamm, Del and her hubbie, "Uncle Jason"(?), and others as we made our customs.

Lily's custom was delightful (Frozone's Wife!). Your costume changes were very entertaining.

(And thank you again for the cards as well)

Brue
Jun 13, '10, 10:13 PM
glad you could make it - had fun chattin with you. it is a rare thing to find marathoner/mego crossover appeal.

plastic man turned out great!

vulcan2074
Jun 13, '10, 10:39 PM
Those were some Fantastic pictures. I'm glad that you took the time to post these for us. Great job! :beaming1:
Sammy

Goblin19
Jun 13, '10, 10:44 PM
Sounds great. Wish I coould have made it.

Meule
Jun 14, '10, 2:04 AM
Great pics Brue, but how many Superhero costumes do you actually have?

nvmbrsdoom5
Jun 14, '10, 3:33 AM
It was great to see you again Brue, I'm glad that you and Lily had a good time. Needless to say, your suits were definitely a highlight of the Meet, Doc's reaction to when you walked in with that Aquaman outfit was priceless!

PNGwynne
Jun 14, '10, 3:47 PM
Great pix--thanks for sharing. I'm always impressed by your costumes & was wondering if cosplay was encouraged at the Meet.

How did you do Aquaman's scales?

palitoy
Jun 14, '10, 3:49 PM
I never thought I'd get to utter this sentence but "thanks for the Krull"!

Brue
Jun 14, '10, 6:14 PM
Great pics Brue, but how many Superhero costumes do you actually have?

I brought 6 but forgot pants for Batman.

It was fun to do. Garagesale has done costumes and Chad broke out the Iron Man last year so I had to make up for being costumeless in the past.

Brue
Jun 14, '10, 6:37 PM
Great pix--thanks for sharing. I'm always impressed by your costumes & was wondering if cosplay was encouraged at the Meet.

How did you do Aquaman's scales?

I think garagesale made it OK at mego meet.

aquaman scales - sharpie drawn on

Brue
Jun 14, '10, 6:40 PM
It was great to see you again Brue, I'm glad that you and Lily had a good time. Needless to say, your suits were definitely a highlight of the Meet, Doc's reaction to when you walked in with that Aquaman outfit was priceless!

i actually felt a little bad when i walked into doc's presentation. he stopped and then i realized - oops i'm wearing my underwear on the outside. you just forget your costumed -especially in the non mask type

PNGwynne
Jun 14, '10, 6:45 PM
I brought 6 but forgot pants for Batman.

lol Perhaps my Penguin will attend next year--but Batman has to wear pants.

nvmbrsdoom5
Jun 14, '10, 7:05 PM
Aw I wouldn't feel bad, it was a funny moment and I don't think anyone would think you did it intentionally to be disruptive or anything!

Pantsless-Batman, on the other hand, might be crossing the line, lol....