Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monster Movie Matinee/Chiller Theatre Clips Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Toyroom
    The Packaging King
    • Dec 31, 2004

Monster Movie Matinee/Chiller Theatre Clips Anyone?

I'm looking for any video tape footage of the intros that aired on Monster Movie Matinee on WSYR/WSTM (Syracuse NY) back in the 70s...

The show always started out with a far away shot of a model of a haunted house on a hill. Once inside there was a mad doctor/hunchback type in a lab coat with an eye patch and scars on his face. He would converse with a gentleman off screen...all you would see would be his long-fingered hand, with ring, which he would gesture with as he spoke...

And then the movie would begin.

I haven't seen this in years and would love too again...same with the six-fingered hand opening for Chiller Theatre. Yeah I know I can find it on You Tube but I wanted a decent VHS or DVD copy instead of some small grainy/pixelated thing.
    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

I'm really surprised some of these haven't surfaced yet on dvd. I'd love to see Svenghouli and Dr. Paul Bearer again.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• HardyGirl
      Mego Museum's Poster Girl
      • Apr 3, 2007

I know watching them on YouTube isn't the same, but it is a hoot! Brings back memories of watching TV w/ my family on Saturday nights. I don't recall the Monster Movie Matinee, but I do recall Chiller (that's my fave intro), WOR's Fright Nights, Creature Features, and of course the 4:30 Movie.
      "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
      'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
      Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
      If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• DavesWorld56
        • Apr 19, 2008

Here's some Monster Movie matinee info:

Monster Movie Matinee. I too grew up watching that show. There's a Horror Show DVD that was supposed to come out 2 years ago called "Amercian Scary". It never has been released for some reason however.
        Children's Records & More Blog

Comment

• mazinz
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 2, 2007

about the chiller hand:

let me dig up the link for you, there is a very good quality clip of the chiller theater hand on youtube. A bunch of us upped older tv station logos and such (similar to your interest). This was mainly for New York city and NJ (wor channel 9, wpix channel 11, channel 5 and abc channel 7 for the 4:30 movie)

ok it is just for the bumper, but even full screen it looks pertty nice all considering. For some reason I used to think he had the whole clip as well

YouTube - WPIX 80's CHILLER BUMPER

Also I completey missed it, but wpix aired chiller theater once again this past October and this incuded the hand segment in crystal quality
          Last edited by mazinz; Jan 13, '09, 11:54 PM.
          "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎