X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megocrazy
    Museum Trouble Maker
    • Feb 18, 2007

Astronaut helmet vs. Scramble Cycle helmet

I always thought they were the same but I recently acquired a scramble cycle AJ suit and noticed they're not. Basic question is the difference on the visor just the lever that comes through the top removed or are they totally different? Basically I want to put a CTVT visor on the original SC helmet since it did not come with a visor. If anyone knows I'd appreciate any info you can give me. I went through the galleries but they didn't show me enough to be sure. Thanks Chuck
    It's not a doll it's an action figure.
  • English Paul
    Archive cased.
    • Aug 17, 2005

My understanding is that the astronaut helmet has the 'fins' inside to help it fit the head better whereas the scramble cycle/airforce AJ helmet doesn`t. Not sure about the visor though.
    "I should say I`m very much cleverer than any of the people who put me here. As a matter of fact, I could leave any time I wanted. It`s only a doll`s house after all. Anyway, I don`t mind. I like dolls" - The Mad Hatter, Arkham Asylum.

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
      MeGoing
      • May 14, 2003

Interesting...yet another thing I didn't know.

Comment

• English Paul
        Archive cased.
        • Aug 17, 2005

Hey Cat - it`s not gospel but i`m sure the same thing was asked on the old forums.
        "I should say I`m very much cleverer than any of the people who put me here. As a matter of fact, I could leave any time I wanted. It`s only a doll`s house after all. Anyway, I don`t mind. I like dolls" - The Mad Hatter, Arkham Asylum.

Comment

• AAAAA
          Permanent Member
          • Oct 28, 2005

here's what i encountered
          the lever might have broken off visor.
          the visor was not added during production, I have one Air froce on the card like that.
          The Visor's gard came off,(had serval AJ helmets do that) and the Gard was reguled and the Visor was missing or forgotten.
          Last edited by AAAAA; Sep 24, '07, 8:57 PM.

Comment

• batmanmc
            mego batman collector
            • Jun 22, 2004

i believe they were the same but the visor was not put on the scramble cycle . and the astranaught helmetw as made first. the scramble cycle was mde at a cut cost time. just my opinion not gospel or fact. mike

Comment

• mego70
              • Jul 4, 2007

My scramble cyclist helmet has the blue visor and the little lever that comes through the top to move it up and down. Im not sure how this helmet differs from the astronaut helmet. Maybe its just the internal fins that Paul mentions.

Comment

• ABMAC
                User
                • May 16, 2002

There's no difference. Both helmets had blue visors with a lever for raising or lowering them, and both were available with or without internal "fins" for holding them in position. You can also find both with foam rubber padding glued inside. Missing or incomplete visors are simply broken.

Comment

• megocrazy
                  Museum Trouble Maker
                  • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by mego70
                  My scramble cyclist helmet has the blue visor and the little lever that comes through the top to move it up and down. Im not sure how this helmet differs from the astronaut helmet. Maybe its just the internal fins that Paul mentions.
                  The helmet I got with this SC suit doesn't have the slot for the little lever to make it go up and down like the astronaut helmet. It is identical in the silver color but no slot for the lever. That's why I posted cuz I've never seen one without the slot.
                  It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• ABMAC
                    User
                    • May 16, 2002

Originally posted by megocrazy
                    The helmet I got with this SC suit doesn't have the slot for the little lever to make it go up and down like the astronaut helmet. It is identical in the silver color but no slot for the lever. That's why I posted cuz I've never seen one without the slot.
                    It's mis-cast, then. The slot for the lever was covered by flash that leaked out between the two halves of the mold. Instead of taking the time to clear the slot, it was easier to break off the lever.

Comment

• mego70
                      • Jul 4, 2007

Obviously its one of those varying items. Ive been noticing a lot of variations in AJ outfits lately. Both long and short boots with the SC outfit, brown astronaut style boots with the western outfit and many variations on the western shirt, even the black and red version worn by Hutch in the promo photos.
                      Its always interesting to see and hear about these variants.

Comment

• mego70
                        • Jul 4, 2007

Ive just checked my helmet.....chuckle chuckle, and it has the fins inside as well.

Comment

• ABMAC
                          User
                          • May 16, 2002

Originally posted by mego70
                          …brown astronaut style boots with the western outfit…
                          Do you have this set boxed? I'd like to see a picture of it if you do. It's a variation I've never seen before.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎