Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't know what's worse gasoline or megos!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megocrazy
    Museum Trouble Maker
    • Feb 18, 2007

I don't know what's worse gasoline or megos!!!

Just thought I'd get a discussion rolling on the prices of loose stuff on ebay. Maybe I notice it more because I was out of it for almost 18 months and completely off ebay. I was watching an auction for 5 assorted mego figures in fairly bad shape IMO. It did have a Bruce/RM Bats head and a stickerless Cap shield but the cap figure had a penned in star that ruined the entire suit and there was a complete Tarzan in fair shape. The rest of the figs were a T1 Joker ripped apart, with a fair suit and a torn up jacket. Two Robins 1 nude and 1 fair with a tunic and shoes, an Aquaman with hands missing in a beat up suit, and some assorted parts. I figured somewhere between $70 and $80 dollars would be the going price with a possibility of $90 to $100 on a good day. It went for $160.00. I was floored. Maybe I'm just a cheap S.O.B. but wasn't there a lot of talk a while back about companies like CTVT and people like Doc ruining the market on original figures. Personally as a customizer Doc was the best thing that ever happened and CTVT dressed all my naked megos so they look complete while I look for original stuff. Seems to me they only brought more people in to the hobby and placed more demand on original stuff. Looks like the Meet will have to be at Madison Square Garden soon. Just wanted to get some thoughts on the issue from the members here on why they think prices have increased so much in a relatively short amount of time. Is it simply more collectors than mego's?
    It's not a doll it's an action figure.
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

I think the reproduction issue is a double edged sword.

Yes, they did bring more people into the hobby......
    But the other side of the blade is they killed the market on anything they reproduced.

That's why Heroes are not only safe, but inflating in popularity and price.
    They're basically the a Mego collectors last stand.

Comment

• Marvelmania
      A Ray of Sunshine
      • Jun 17, 2001

GAS!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡