X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ironmanfan
    Banned
    • May 17, 2010

Retro Black Hole figures anyone?

I wish EMCE or someone would reissue the Mego Black Hole figures along with the unproduced Cygnus bridge playset and the Palamino ship.Hope somebody does.Out of all the Megos and other sci-fi based toys I had in the 70`s,the Black Hole figures I miss the most,along with the Buck Rogers Twiki.Time will tell I guess.........
  • captact
    King of Super Queens!
    • Aug 19, 2007

Originally posted by ironmanfan
    I wish EMCE or someone would reissue the Mego Black Hole figures along with the unproduced Cygnus bridge playset and the Palamino ship.Hope somebody does.Out of all the Megos and other sci-fi based toys I had in the 70`s,the Black Hole figures I miss the most,along with the Buck Rogers Twiki.Time will tell I guess.........
    tHEY WERE GREAT FIGURES MY FRIEND,...I HAVE ALL THE 12" FIGURES,..INCLUDING THE RARE VINCENT WIND UP FIGURE ISSUED IN ITALY.....ITS A SHAME THE CYGNUSS WASNT PRODUCED,...ONLY THE PROTOTYPE.

Comment

• AcroRay
      Persistent Member
      • Apr 17, 2005

Much as I love the film - not in a million years would anyone toss that kind of money and effort down the black hole.

I haven't heard much of a peep about those pricey vinyl VinCENT figure MindStyle released a few months ago. And people go nuts for sofubi.
      Micronauts Collector, Historian, Consultant
      AcroRay's Laboratory - My Micronauts Blog
      The Micropolis Embassy - My Micronauts Group
      Rockets, Robots & Dinosaurs - My Blog for Other Interests

Comment

• ironmanfan
        Banned
        • May 17, 2010

Originally posted by captact
        tHEY WERE GREAT FIGURES MY FRIEND,...I HAVE ALL THE 12" FIGURES,..INCLUDING THE RARE VINCENT WIND UP FIGURE ISSUED IN ITALY.....ITS A SHAME THE CYGNUSS WASNT PRODUCED,...ONLY THE PROTOTYPE.
        I have a few of the 3.75 sz figures carded( 2 Maximillians,2 Vincents,2 Sentrys and 2 Dr.Reinhart) and a 12 inch Dr.Reinhart,all won on Ebay,along with a very pricey Cygnus model from MPC.I had the complete collection of 3.75 and 12 inch Black Hole figures given to me on Xmas`79, along with a bunch of Micronauts and Star Trek the Motion Picture figures............Happy days they were.need to get that darn Twiki!

Comment

• ironmanfan
          Banned
          • May 17, 2010

Originally posted by AcroRay
          Much as I love the film - not in a million years would anyone toss that kind of money and effort down the black hole.

I haven't heard much of a peep about those pricey vinyl VinCENT figure MindStyle released a few months ago. And people go nuts for sofubi.
          Yeah,have no idea what they go for(Mindstyle figure),I know Walt Disney World and Disneyland had a Vincent figure they sold at the parks a few years ago,have not gotten that yet.

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

With a new Black Hole movie in the works, who knows? It's possible, but probably unlikely. Never say never, though. Who would have thought Neca would have reissued the Tomy Tron figures years ago.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• ironmanfan
              Banned
              • May 17, 2010

Originally posted by Werewolf
              With a new Black Hole movie in the works, who knows? It's possible, but probably unlikely. Never say never, though. Who would have thought Neca would have reissued the Tomy Tron figures years ago.
              True,hope they do.Man I almost forgot the Tron figures.I never got the chance to get them.Well back to Ebay for me.........and the crazy prices

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                HULK SMASH!
                • Apr 3, 2010

I always liked the 3.75 in. The Black Hole figures.... such good detail. I only got the robot characters as a kid, none of the humans. Still have V.I.N.CENT and Maximillian, but my Sentry Robot has gone AWOL.
                Always wanted old B.O.B. and S.T.A.R., too.
                Last edited by Bruce Banner; May 23, '10, 5:28 AM.
                PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• ironmanfan
                  Banned
                  • May 17, 2010

What I found odd was when I heard only S.T.A.R, Old B.O.B and the Humanoid were only released in Canada and Italy.........that statment cant be all true as me and a kid in my 6th grade class had them.both of our parents got them at the local Toys R Us,along with the other figures,so I think the U.S.got them briefly.Yes they were neat toys and still are

Comment

• ctc
                    Fear the monkeybat!
                    • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

I loved the 3.5" when I was a kid; but nowadays I'd want them 8". It's been my lifelong dream to have everything cool in 8" scale. (FUN FACT: The AMT/ERTL model Maximillian is pretty much 8" scale.)

....and yeah; I'd agree that it's only a matter of time 'til someone remakes the film, and I could easily see reissued figures.

Don C.

Comment

• Richard J. Fowlks
                      repeat offender
                      • Feb 10, 2010

The 3.5" figures were great, had many of them, but I've always marveled at the 12" figures, the sculpts and uniforms looked just fantastic (especially considering the era). Definitely an overlooked collectible. Maybe I should buy up the 12"ers befor the remake skyrockets the prices.

Comment

• ironmanfan
                        Banned
                        • May 17, 2010

Hey there,I think the prices are jumping up now.I try to look for the 12 inch figures without the discoloring of the heads.There are some out there that missed that fate.I have a Dr.Reinhardt thats a C-10.Got him for $95.00 with shipping.It was worth it!

Comment

• Trappy Trek Freak
                          House of a thousand Megos
                          • Aug 10, 2009

I have the 12in and 3.75in figures not all of them but I love the Holland and Tony perkins figures, I would love to have them in 8in form as well. I especially like Robert Forrester in Jackie Brown.
                          Flickr: Trappy74's Photostream

Comment

• SexySkottie
                            • Oct 29, 2007

I would love reissues, with the glut of SO much new product like Resevior Dogs figures some one should at least produce a nice Maximillion figure!
                            I do love the movie, it's such an itelligent story line, but the human characters are so lack luster!
                            sigpic Ultimately, I serve only one master... pure logic!

Comment

• mightyquinn
                              Proud to be a Nerd
                              • Aug 4, 2009

Some mego sized robots would be killer!
                              Wanted: Lincoln Dracula & Hunchback, AHI Male Creature, Remco Phantom, Ghost of Captain Kid, 8" Tomlands

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎