X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trappy Trek Freak
    House of a thousand Megos
    • Aug 10, 2009

Super Joe

I have found that there are a lot of people out there that have a Super Joe but it is always fallen apart. AcroRay gave me the remains of a SJ commander and last night I was just piddling around the garage and I took off his head and put it on a UFC body. It fit perfectly and DM hands will plug right into the forearms. If the UFC figure has flaired shorts just wittle then down with a razor. The head I just kept cutting down until it will slip into the neck hole on the Super joe. Add his uniform and you have a sturdy fully articulated Awesome Super Joe again. If any of you out there wants this done but don't feel like they can do it then I will for you. I will take some pictures and get them posted somehow,CAT. There is hope for SJ, Thanks
    Trappy
    Flickr: Trappy74's Photostream
  • supes
    For the love of Mego's!
    • Jan 19, 2004

Cool, can't wait to see pics.

For the love of Mego's

Comment

• kryptosmaster
      Removed.
      • Jun 14, 2008

I've looked and looked online but have had absolutely no luck in finding an online tutorial, web page or even offer of paid service to repair a SuperJoe.
      Does anyone know if any of these things exist?
      I'm tempted to split some limbs apart and see if theres any way to fabricate new joints for these guys I just got but I have no idea where to start. It doesn't look like elastic is a possibility.
      Perhaps someone knows of a modern cheap figure that uses a similar (or identical?) joint that can be cannibalized to fix SuperJoe? Maybe like a He-Man or Ninja Turtles or something?
      Also what about replacement hands. I guess Kung-Fu grip is a dream but anything close to original would be fine.
      These guys are uber-cool and I'd love to reassemble them for display.
      Also what kind of glue would I need to use to glue the pieces back together if I did decide the split the limbs apart?
      Rich

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
        MeGoing
        • May 14, 2003

Originally posted by Trappy Trek Freak
        I have found that there are a lot of people out there that have a Super Joe but it is always fallen apart. AcroRay gave me the remains of a SJ commander and last night I was just piddling around the garage and I took off his head and put it on a UFC body. It fit perfectly and DM hands will plug right into the forearms. If the UFC figure has flaired shorts just wittle then down with a razor. The head I just kept cutting down until it will slip into the neck hole on the Super joe. Add his uniform and you have a sturdy fully articulated Awesome Super Joe again. If any of you out there wants this done but don't feel like they can do it then I will for you. I will take some pictures and get them posted somehow,CAT. There is hope for SJ, Thanks
        Trappy
        You got it Trappy!

Comment

• samsallspark
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 17, 2010

I'd love to see a tutorial on this repair!

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎