• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Colouring Book Theatre: Doctor Who

Dr Who Colouring Book"
    If there is one thing that brings me back to being a kid, it's early seventies Doctor Who especially Jon Pertwee era stuff, he was my Doctor growing up and I both respected and kind of feared him.

Later in life I'd get to meet the guy and let me tell you, he was the nicest, most generous, celebrity I've ever met.
    I was delighted to find scans of this book on teh interwebs, some kind soul had scanned this (probably rare) item so all could see.

This book is a refreshing break from the last bunch of misery we've had on CBT, mostly because it's beautifully rendered and has no story. It's just a series of charming illustrations of what appears to be Pertwee's second season.

Hai Keeba! The Doctor showed that wookie. A beautiful illustration of what set the Pertwee era apart, his Doctor had a flash of James Bond.

I think it's funny the author took the photo from the Radio Times cover and put the Doctor underwater.

The artist seems really good at capturing likeness, he even seems to get Katy Manning's features well.

Ah, big honking 70s computers...

Brigadier Lethbridge Stuart, a character that should have appeared on the new series by now..

Just some of the random sci fi nonsense included here, for the most part the adventures the Doctor has are all plausible for the series. Much of the planets he visits look like quarries in the UK and the aliens (sorry none of his TV baddies appear) look like the kind of stuff that would plague the Doctor in the early 70s.
    Now that I've had a taste of this thing, I kind of want it...

Previously reviewed Colouring Books
    If you have a colouring book you'd like to guest review, I'd like to hear from you!

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

is that a wookie or teen wolf ?
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• MysteryWho
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 16, 2008

The wookie kinda looks like an Ogron. But just barely.

Comment

• vulcan2074
        Live Long and Prosper
        • Mar 23, 2008

Awesome coloring book. This one is definately a winner.
        Sammy

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

is that a wookie or teen wolf ?
          HA! I was thinking the same thing.

Nice art on this!

chris
          sigpic

Comment

• Meule
            Verbose Member
            • Nov 14, 2004

What a cool colouring book
            "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• phil
              Persistent Member
              • May 11, 2007

Thanks for posting these. They are great in the early '70s TV tie in style. I have problems at times with the dexterity in my hands. Not long ago I came up with the idea of coloring to help with the problem. I've found some good stuff on the Net but couldn't find any Doctor Who stuff. I'll have to print these and get out my color pencils.
              If you have any more Doctor Who coloring book pages please post them. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎