X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • smonte00
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 19, 2005

Has anyone seen these? Hunter Dan

I came across a website called hunterdan.com with some hunting and fishing figures that claim are 8" in height. They have some pretty good looking clothes and accessories. I was wondering if anyone here has seen them and if the bodies, clothes, etc. are compatible with Megos. Also, would anyone happen to have a detailed pic of the figure itself? I'd hate to spend $20 on them and find out that they're crappy.

Hunter Dan... American Sportsman
  • ABMAC
    User
    • May 16, 2002

The clothes and accessories are good, but the figures are worthless.

Comment

• batmanmc
      mego batman collector
      • Jun 22, 2004

the clothes make nice mego stuff. like abmac said the figures not so good.

Comment

• toys2cool
        Ultimate Mego Warrior
        • Nov 27, 2006

cool accessories and all,but i don't know about $20 man
        "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
        My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

Hmmmm. Interesting but I'm not crazy about the hands. I think your right to question the price in this instance. $20.00 is alot for a new line that is, for all essential purposes, generic. When you consider you can buy a licensed Marvel figure for about half that, it's alot to pay. Interesting line though. Thanks for the link! It proves that the Mego-sized figures continue to live on!

Comment

• smonte00
            Veteran Member
            • Aug 19, 2005

Thanks guys. I actually found some on ebay for about the $10 range + shipping and buy it now. If I end up getting one, I'll post some pics. By the way, I also found a whole line of game animals from the same line. They've got deer, bears, a hunting dog, etc. They also have a cool looking camouflage tent.

Comment

• Captain
              Fighting the good fight!
              • Jun 17, 2001

Hunter Dans been around for awhile now...probably 6 or 7 years. The bodies arent that bad, in fact our own CastAWay Toys gang used them to do their AC action figures a couple years back. The bodies are similar to PACO, but have a more muscular look. There is no wrist joint, and the forearm looks a little short, but neither is a big deal.
              The head sculpt is horrific. Hunter Dan looks like he shot himself in the toe! Luckily, a Mego head will fit in the neck post.
              All of the gear is Mego compatible, and very well detailed.I've used the bow and quiver set for a Green Arrow...It just looks more heroic.

Hunter Ann is a travesty, and should be avoided at all costs.
              "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• ramsey37
                • Jun 18, 2001

Hunter Ann is rather homely....

Originally posted by Captain
                Hunter Dans been around for awhile now...probably 6 or 7 years. The bodies arent that bad, in fact our own CastAWay Toys gang used them to do their AC action figures a couple years back. The bodies are similar to PACO, but have a more muscular look. There is no wrist joint, and the forearm looks a little short, but neither is a big deal.
                The head sculpt is horrific. Hunter Dan looks like he shot himself in the toe! Luckily, a Mego head will fit in the neck post.
                All of the gear is Mego compatible, and very well detailed.I've used the bow and quiver set for a Green Arrow...It just looks more heroic.

Hunter Ann is a travesty, and should be avoided at all costs.
                I picked up a Hunter Ann a few months ago, and pilfered her clothes and accessories for one of my Emerald Sisters. I have to agree, Hunter Ann is kinda fugly. I still need to pick up the ATV and tent from that set....
                George

Comment

• DocDrako
                  Formerly Doc Drako
                  • Nov 11, 2004

I have a Hunter Dan head on an Action Jackson body. The head seems a little big, not horribly so, but he looks like he got pulled over by the police and is holding illegal substances. Kind of a "deer in the headlights/I'm frying on acid like Hunter S. Thompson" look. I like him though. He's gonna make quite a character if I ever get back to making my Mego photo-stories.

Last edited by DocDrako; Sep 18, '07, 1:22 AM. Reason: Punk-chew-ay-shun
                  "I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

Hunter Dan often makes appearance in Twisted Toyfare theatre, usually as drunk white trash types.
                    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• JDeRouen
                      Author of Small Things
                      • Jun 14, 2001

Hunter Dans are definitely Mego sized and use the Paco like body. I have a kajillion of 'em!
                      --
                      Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Comment

• YANOULI
                        Part-Time Timelord
                        • Jan 9, 2006

I used the Hunter Dan head for one of my Master customs, but had to sort out his forehead first.

Last edited by YANOULI; Sep 18, '07, 4:12 PM.
                        " But you can't kill me, i'm a Genius "

Comment

• LadyZod
                          Superman's Gal Pal
                          • Jan 27, 2007

I'm glad I held off on the Hunter Dans.

Has anyone tried out the 7" figures from fingerboard.com?

They look a bit more articulated than the PACOs, and the sports stuff might work with Megos.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
                          Check out my art:
                          Art Portfolio@Redbubble
                          Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

• Merlyn1976
                            Fist of Khonshu
                            • Mar 29, 2005

Originally posted by LadyZod
                            I'm glad I held off on the Hunter Dans.

Has anyone tried out the 7" figures from fingerboard.com?

They look a bit more articulated than the PACOs, and the sports stuff might work with Megos.

http://www.fingerboards.com/exacfig.html
                            The clothes are a tad too small for a T2 body but fit a T1 decent...but they really look great on a female body....the shoes only fit the female bodies though....
                            "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

In the Southeast Pacific, lies the sunken city of R'Leyh. There lies C'thulhu waits to return to our world with the other Great Old Ones. A hideous creature of enormous size and alien power, it waits for it's time to return patiently. For it has all the time in the world while it waits for the stars.

Comment

• batmanmc
                              mego batman collector
                              • Jun 22, 2004

cool to know. i might be looking for some of them down the line. mike

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎