PDA

View Full Version : Now if only Boomerang did this all the time

jwyblejr
Sep 16, '07, 12:43 AM
They were showing a bunch of superhero cartoons from the 60s today. Stuff like the Filmation superhero stuff,Space Ghost,Birdman,Fantastic Four and so on. They need to do this more often and dump the newer stuff.

Bionic Joe
Sep 16, '07, 1:06 AM
For the most part i aggree. but how can you not love Harvey Birdman :yeah:

toysrus
Sep 16, '07, 3:39 AM
My son was watching that today, then he asked me to get him a Birdman action figure, i'm not even sure if one was made?

But yes great shows today!!

They were showing a bunch of superhero cartoons from the 60s today. Stuff like the Filmation superhero stuff,Space Ghost,Birdman,Fantastic Four and so on. They need to do this more often and dump the newer stuff.

The Toyroom
Sep 16, '07, 6:49 AM
My son was watching that today, then he asked me to get him a Birdman action figure, i'm not even sure if one was made?

Toynami released Birdman and Avenger figures back in 2003...you can find them on ebay usually...

http://www.toymania.com/news/images/0603_birdman.jpg

Earth 2 Chris
Sep 16, '07, 11:09 AM
I caught some of this last night. When we first bought our house, se got Dish network, and paid extra for Boomerang. Saturdays they showcased a specific year's worth of cartoons (like every HB cartoon from 1978). Sundays was Boomeraction day. All the HB action/super hero toons, it was great.

I wish they'd go back to this!

Chris

jwyblejr
Sep 16, '07, 1:13 PM
They came pretty close yesterday. Now today,it looks like everything went back to the way it was.

VintageMike
Sep 16, '07, 2:15 PM
Sounds cool. Thank god for all the stuff being released on DVD now though. I can check out my favorites when I want and in better quality than the sydicated versions.

HardyGirl
Sep 16, '07, 2:48 PM
I DON'T GET BOOMERANG!:cry: Stupid Comcast!:enraged:

kingdom warrior
Sep 16, '07, 2:54 PM
I still have many of these shows on Tape......Isn't Birdman coming on Dvd soon?

Hulk
Sep 16, '07, 3:39 PM
I refuse to pay the Extra charge for channels like Boomerang on DTV. It just isn't worth it given the channel lineup.

RG
Sep 16, '07, 3:49 PM
all I get is basic TV I won't pay for cable etc. I can pick and chose what I want to watch on DVD most of the time and pay less in the long run.

But I do watch BOOMERANG when ever I'm at my sister's house :grin:

palitoy
Sep 16, '07, 3:59 PM
Toynami released Birdman and Avenger figures back in 2003...you can find them on ebay usually...

http://www.toymania.com/news/images/0603_birdman.jpg

Got that set for my son last year, he still plays with it.

saildog
Sep 16, '07, 6:30 PM
TIVO picked up all of the Fantastic Four (1967) for me (or more accurately, my niece). That show was so cheesy it was good.

batmanmc
Sep 16, '07, 7:21 PM
glad they see thestuff still gets ratings. they will do more of it if the ratings are there. mike

megoscott
Sep 16, '07, 8:51 PM
I watched some of that yesterday, the Teen Titans and Justice League (with the Atom). They were so terrible! :smiley1:

VintageMike
Sep 16, '07, 9:58 PM
I watched some of that yesterday, the Teen Titans and Justice League (with the Atom). They were so terrible! :smiley1:

I got a bootleg of these at at a convention a while back and I can only say it was $10 well spent....to know that's one "classic" series I'll pass on if it sees an official DVD release.

jwyblejr
Sep 17, '07, 12:56 AM
TIVO picked up all of the Fantastic Four (1967) for me (or more accurately, my niece). That show was so cheesy it was good.

It may have been cheesy but I think it's better than the one they had just ran on Cartoon Network.

jds1911a1
Sep 17, '07, 7:40 AM
Like Hulk I will not pay any extra for the upgrades in my opinion my money is better saved to just buy the stuff I want when it's realeased. Personally I love the Filmation TT and JLA shows but then I'm old enough to remember a the Titans of the early 70's (groovy man) and watched most of these on 1st run reruns (and superfriends and 77 bats on first run). if you ever want to see what happens to timelel material over time read a "swingin Christmas carol" in the DC christmas trade paperback UGHH.

if you find the 60's edition cheesy watch the 70's one that replaced Torch with the robot. That is like limburger it stinks so bad.
I even like the 60's iron man and cap (where most of the backround is still and the only motion is a cut out dragged across the screen) it's amazing how badly done these are in comparison with the SPiderman shows from the same period (even for all the recylced footage)

and the filmations for DC are miles ahead

Earth 2 Chris
Sep 17, '07, 7:54 AM
It may have been cheesy but I think it's better than the one they had just ran on Cartoon Network.

Amen. That new FF toon is horrible. I can't even watch it. I think I'd almost rather watch the Corman FF movie.

The 60s FF toon is pretty faithful to the Lee/Kirby comics. I like it myself.

Chris

palitoy
Sep 17, '07, 11:39 AM
I personally do not mind the Marathon show, mostly because my kid REALLY digs it.

When I read him FF comics however (which is often enough) I find myself doing weird imitations of Gerald Mohr and Paul Frees. Those are still to me, the best interpretation of the comics.

Brue
Sep 17, '07, 1:27 PM
IMy cable provider doesn't carry Boomerang :(

I thought the whole point of it was to show old toons since cartoon network has been filled up with useless new stuff.

???

kingdom warrior
Sep 17, '07, 1:32 PM
I love me some Hanna/Barbera Toons never get enough of them......

Is there any chance in hell that Emce can get the liscense from Hanna/Barbera and instead of Marvel and DC we can get some Birdman Galaxy trio Herculoids Mightor etc... Megolike figures? I'd like that more than the same Mego figures i already have or can easily get.