X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

Help needed to switch heads

Hey guys,I've never switched a mego figure head only the Kiss ones,I have a few questions if anyone could help me out.
    1-How hard is to remove a head and is there a trick to it?
    I need to change switch a T1 Ironman head into a T2 body,will that be a problem?
    2-I have a Batgirl with a broken arm,will any other cheap female body fit? like the Dorothy or something? are they the exact same bodies? if not which one would be the best?
    thanx in advance guys
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook
  • cjefferys
    Duke of Gloat
    • Apr 23, 2006

To remove a head, it's best just to bend it to one side, and slowly twist it around until it pops out. It's not too difficult at all. Just be careful not to tear the neck plug, take your time. When re-attaching a head, I always heat up the plug with a hair dryer. The plug becomes softer and it's much easier to squeeze it back onto the body that way. I think that T1 and T2 neck plugs have slightly different lengths, but they should still fit ok either way.

Dorothy's body would be fine for Batgirl, she has the standard Mego female body with jointed elbows and all.

Comment

• toys2cool
      Ultimate Mego Warrior
      • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by cjefferys
      To remove a head, it's best just to bend it to one side, and slowly twist it around until it pops out. It's not too difficult at all. Just be careful not to tear the neck plug, take your time. When re-attaching a head, I always heat up the plug with a hair dryer. The plug becomes softer and it's much easier to squeeze it back onto the body that way. I think that T1 and T2 neck plugs have slightly different lengths, but they should still fit ok either way.

Dorothy's body would be fine for Batgirl, she has the standard Mego female body with jointed elbows and all.
      Awesome man thanx for the help,I really appreciate it

Comment

• cjefferys
        Duke of Gloat
        • Apr 23, 2006

No problem, if you run into any problems, let me know.

Comment

• batmanmc
          mego batman collector
          • Jun 22, 2004

when switching heads i use a small wooden stick with a dull end that comes with a nail care set. it has helped me switch a few heads. the female ones i have either my brother ric or my wife switch those.

Comment

• Merlyn1976
            Fist of Khonshu
            • Mar 29, 2005

Dorothy's body is lighter in color then the bodies used for WGSH females....
            "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

In the Southeast Pacific, lies the sunken city of R'Leyh. There lies C'thulhu waits to return to our world with the other Great Old Ones. A hideous creature of enormous size and alien power, it waits for it's time to return patiently. For it has all the time in the world while it waits for the stars.

Comment

• toys2cool
              Ultimate Mego Warrior
              • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by Merlyn1976
              Dorothy's body is lighter in color then the bodies used for WGSH females....
              yeah I just noticed she's a little more pinkish,what would you guys recommend then?
              thanx

what about the Walton's chicks?
              Last edited by toys2cool; Sep 15, '07, 10:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• RG
                Removed.
                • Oct 1, 2004

Originally posted by toys2cool
                yeah I just noticed she's a little more pinkish,what would you guys recommend then?
                thanx

what about the Walton's chicks?
                Walton chicks work great! They are the same color as WGSH girls

about the only time Grandma Walton could say she had a body like Wonder Woman
                Last edited by RG; Sep 15, '07, 11:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎