PDA

View Full Version : Should I get a table?

AcroRay
Apr 29, '10, 9:47 AM
I'm wondering if I should get a table for this year. I haven't done it before. Since I don't have a Micronauts exhibit to haul out and set up this year, I was thinking of doing a sales table instead.

I have a lot of non-Mego toy-related odds and ends I would like to move, like model kits, Star Wars stuff, some Japanese & Transformer things. ALIEN toys. All kinds of odds and ends.

Has anyone had any problems with their stuff when they're not in attendance of their table? I don't want to be shackled to it. But I figured I'd put a sign or whatnot on the table with my name on it, so that when I'm away and someone wants something from it they can find me.

Anyone care to tender advice? Thanks!

megocrazy
Apr 29, '10, 10:06 AM
For the cost, if you have stuff to move it's a no brainer. I rarely bring any Mego stuff myself. It's usually just things I have obtained over the year that I have no interest in but have come in lots. I've never not made back what the table cost plus some. The first year the table proceeds netted me my CSS Spidey. I did have some decent things that year though.

batmanmc
Apr 29, '10, 11:26 AM
I Always Ghet A Table And Dont Remember Any Problems.

brent 1701
Apr 29, '10, 11:35 AM
whats a table cost ??

AcroRay
Apr 29, '10, 11:47 AM
$32, includes membership. So it's like $12 bucks.

megocrazy
Apr 29, '10, 2:48 PM
Berto paid off his table last year before I got in the car to drive there.

Chris DVM
Apr 29, '10, 3:11 PM
Berto paid off his table last year before I got in the car to drive there.

Hey,
Berto paid off his table last year in 2007.
Chris DVM

Blue Meanie
Apr 29, '10, 7:18 PM
Hey,
Berto paid off his table last year in 2007.
Chris DVM

:smiley1::smiley1::smiley1: I can't complain at all about the tables :smiley1::smiley1::smiley1:

IMHO it's worth it. :grin:

noelani72
Apr 29, '10, 8:49 PM
For the cost, if you have stuff to move it's a no brainer. I rarely bring any Mego stuff myself. It's usually just things I have obtained over the year that I have no interest in but have come in lots. I've never not made back what the table cost plus some. The first year the table proceeds netted me my CSS Spidey. I did have some decent things that year though.

exactly my thought.
I have stuff accumulated and get rid of.

palitoy
Apr 30, '10, 8:12 AM
I barely bring anything and I've always made table, especially when I mooch space ;)

brent 1701
Apr 30, '10, 12:57 PM
how big are the tables

megocrazy
Apr 30, '10, 6:21 PM
how big are the tables

5' x 25'......JK they're standard 6' banquet tables.

Hulk
May 1, '10, 7:10 AM
I have brought a cheap dollar store table cloth to cover up things when I had a lot of small parts, and would cover up my table for lectures and breaks, but I didn't even bother last year (but I didn't have as much to protect).

AcroRay
May 10, '10, 5:16 PM
Got my table! :grin:

ScottA
May 10, '10, 6:23 PM
Got my table! :grin:

Sweet. You might even tempt me with my first Mirconaut. :smiley1:

AcroRay
May 11, '10, 10:25 PM
Sweet. You might even tempt me with my first Mirconaut. :smiley1:

Who says I'll be selling any Micronauts...? :smiley1:

ScottA
May 11, '10, 10:37 PM

Touché sir. :grin:

megocrazy
May 12, '10, 10:24 AM

I don't think I've sold any Mego stuff at the Meet either.

tkbk848
May 12, '10, 4:46 PM
Ok, I am a little new to the Mogo world, how big is this Mego Meet and how many on average will walk in the door ?? Is this only held once a year? Is this the largest meet this year?

sorry for being a noob but just need some Info.

thanks

ScottA
May 12, '10, 4:50 PM
http://www.megomeet.com/

This will tell you everything you need to know. And yes, it's once a year in June. If you love Megos and friendship it's the place to be.

tkbk848
May 12, '10, 5:01 PM
Thanks ScottA

AcroRay
May 12, '10, 7:01 PM
And the Toy Museum itself is worth every penny of admission. Simply amazing - and a true 'museum' in every sense of the word with everything arranged and cataloged, explained, and representative of every aspect of the craft and industry of toymaking in North America.

AAAAA
May 13, '10, 7:05 PM
Every time I went I got a table, This year I got 2.

pmwasson
May 24, '10, 5:57 PM
I have a question. I've already paid admission, but now I'm thinking it would be nice to have a table to set up a display of my wares.

Can I upgrade to a dealer or am I too late?

Thanks!

trekman101
Jun 7, '10, 11:36 AM
I wasn't sure if I should get a table but I finally did today...I'll be there with my comics(DC and Marvel) plus a whole bunch of trek stuff :grin:

ScottA
Jun 7, '10, 4:45 PM
Sounds like we may have more tables/dealers this year than ever before.

NewForce
Jun 7, '10, 4:56 PM
I guess it is never too late to get a table, huh?
could fedex some dupes to my dad's in OH, where I will be driving from
will have to think about it

ScottA
Jun 7, '10, 5:09 PM
Still might be able to come down and pick something up for you Rick. It would just have to be Wednesday and a quick trip.

NewForce
Jun 8, '10, 6:45 AM
trent and I fly out thursday...I won't be able to do a table, just logistically won't work

luey
Jun 8, '10, 7:43 AM
I got 2 tables, everything packed up ready for the LONGGGG drive :)