X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrueDave
    Toy Maker
    • Jan 12, 2008

How should I ask her to marry me?

I realized over my birthday that the real reason my girlfriend and I are a bit "stalled " is because i havent actually done the thing with the ring.

I looked it up on WIKI. I have a ring that belonged to my mother that will do .

I dont want to do anything Geeky.

I got a blank.

( Other than something Geeky)
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

you know what I did, my wife took me out on my birthday for dinner...she thought it was a surprise but I had a buddy set her up and offer to drive a limo for our night out(he did this on the side) i had him put the ring in a champagne glass so when we got in the limo after dinner he said hey I got you guys something special. I had the glass engraved with "will you marry me" and the rest is history....course she almost swallowed the ring before she realized there was something there

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

ps .... good luck Dave

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

Box of Cracker Jacks like Peter did with Mary Jane. (Ignore the fact that she said "no".)

Comment

• jp1969
          Banned
          • Dec 10, 2009

If you guys really love each other,anything you ask of her will be good.
          Follow your heart.
          You probably know her best.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
            OH JES!!
            • Jul 21, 2005

Just do it the classic way take her to dinner(Good restaurant) get on your knees and ask her to marry you.....

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
              Mighty Man/Monster Maker
              • Aug 14, 2007

I got down on one knee in the snow. Couldn't afford a ring, so I gave her a dozen roses. (Soon after, I crashed the car in a snow bank) Ah, romance.

Good luck.

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
              https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl

Comment

• jimsmegos
                Mego Dork
                • Nov 9, 2008

For me and mine I popped the question completely out of the blue and what one would belive to be simply a wrong time. We were always together so to catch her so completely off guard was priceless.

Oh wait! I got an idea, okay kinda cheesy sure but could be fun... make up an ebay auction listing (do it for real though) have her and your name in the title so when you do the set up, "I wonder if you really can find everything on ebay?" then search for John and Cindy's Wedding Date ( your auction title word for word) and wah lah, when you get there she clicks on the listing, ring is a big ole picture on the screen and when she turns back BANG! There you are on one knee with the real ring right there. Damn I wish I would have thought of that for myself two years ago.

Comment

• Tyme2tyme
                  Veteran Member
                  • Apr 3, 2008

I had planned all this stuff in my head but when it came to that moment, I went staight to the basics and went down on one knee (nervous as he//). She said yes and that's all that counted, JOHN
                  Livin' the American Dream!

Comment

• Brazoo
                    Permanent Member
                    • Feb 14, 2009

Rings are so passé! I think you should tattoo her face across your back then just reveal it to her one day. If she doesn't run away screaming she's yours for life!

P.S. I'm kidding! I'm kidding! You know what she likes, don't be nervous, it's going to be special and memorable no matter what you do!

Comment

• toys2cool
                      Ultimate Mego Warrior
                      • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by kingdom warrior
                      Just do it the classic way take her to dinner(Good restaurant) get on your knees and ask her to marry you.....
                      sounds good to me
                      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• megoscott
                        Founding Partner
                        • Nov 17, 2006

I popped the question as we watched the sunset at White Sands, New Mexico, it was great.

I used my grandmother's engagement ring, it was sentimental and meaningful, but I had the expectation that we would go ring shopping later for something more contemporary that was to her taste. She wears the old one sometimes, but the new one is the bling.

It's enough pressure to ask without worrying if you got the right ring.

Go for it.
                        This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• toystalker
                          none
                          • Mar 27, 2008

Originally posted by Brazoo
                          Rings are so passé! I think you should tattoo her face across your back then just reveal it to her one day. If she doesn't run away screaming she's yours for life!

P.S. I'm kidding! I'm kidding! You know what she likes, don't be nervous, it's going to be special and memorable no matter what you do!

she'd be glad to see the back of you!

Comment

• toystalker
                            none
                            • Mar 27, 2008

im not married... but on my 3rd engagement... yeah i know

but 3 times lucky

this time around it was very easy peasy conversation type of thing, talking about where we are going with this and stuff, we have a little un megan-summer... next thing we know we are talking about it and it was kind of on... i never actually proposed

umm... also seeing as no one else has mentioned it... the "stall" part of your origninal post... you sure getting married will resolve that ?
                            Last edited by toystalker; Apr 23, '10, 3:37 AM.

Comment

• alex
                              Permanent Member
                              • Jun 15, 2009

I once walked into the mens toilets, with a bloke on his hands and knees proposing, I walked out promptly

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎