• Show
Clear All
  • Brazoo
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 14, 2009

Cartoon Network MAD and Looney Tunes Shows

Apparently...

MAD show:
    MAD Cartoons coming to Adult Swim | Cartoon Brew: Leading the Animation Conversation

Looney Tunes Show:
    Cartoon Network finally announces the new Looney Tunes | Cartoon Brew: Leading the Animation Conversation
  • Brazoo
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 14, 2009

Embarrassing Promo Art for CNs Looney Tunes Show | Cartoon Brew: Leading the Animation Conversation

Ouch.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

why can't WB get its flagship cartoon characters right? So are Bugs and Daffy shacking up together??
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Brazoo
        Permanent Member
        • Feb 14, 2009

It's crazy - Right?!

Aside from the fact that that promo art makes me want to puke, why do they think they need to turn Looney Tunes into a sit-com to make it work now?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

I don't think it looks that bad. It's certainly better than any of the Loony Tunes work done in the 80s to bridge those clip films. And anything is better than Loonatics Unleashed.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

It really doesn't matter what the art looks like because it's going to suck regardless.

People have been trying to make these 70 year old characters clever for the past 50 years and failed miserably each time.

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

"enlarge this picture if you hate your eyes"

I am so stealing that.

Looney Toons are timeless and wonderful, I watch them endlessly with my kids and I have seen them all 100 times. I have no desire for a revamp, absolutely none, it's a wonderful universe in of itself.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Considering Loonatics, I was expecting much worse. Eh, never know could end up being funny. I thought Duck Dodgers was pretty good.
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• ctc
                  Fear the monkeybat!
                  • Aug 16, 2001

>I don't think it looks that bad.

Yeah, it's kinda stylized but they're still recognizable. It's got a weird early 80's vibe to it; all garish colours and blocky shapes.

>I have no desire for a revamp

It's tough to imagine a story/plot/gag they HAVEN'T done already.

>Considering Loonatics, I was expecting much worse.

Loonatics was brilliant compared to Baby Loony Tunes. I'd never seen children's tv advocates protesting for MORE violence in a cartoon before that.

*shudder*

Don C.

Comment

• huedell
                    Museum Ball Eater
                    • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by ctc
                    >Considering Loonatics, I was expecting much worse.

Loonatics was brilliant compared to Baby Loony Tunes. I'd never seen children's tv advocates protesting for MORE violence in a cartoon before that.
                    Were they advocating punching the producers in the gut?

re: your 80s comment----I thought it more a 90s approach---kinda
                    reminded me of Ren and Stimpy in how it looked.
                    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• ctc
                      Fear the monkeybat!
                      • Aug 16, 2001

>Were they advocating punching the producers in the gut?

HAW! They SHOULD have....

>I thought it more a 90s approach---kinda reminded me of Ren and Stimpy in how it looked

Sort of. I can see that; but the pic has too much detail and depth of frame for the 90's. The construction is remarkably similar (which IO hadn't noticed before) but the execution is different. (Thinner lines, more detail.)

Don C.

Comment

• Brazoo
                        Permanent Member
                        • Feb 14, 2009

Daffy just looks like super-clean weird version of Daffy, but Bugs looks insane to me. Purple with Manga feet and small ears, blah! Reminds me of all the strange artwork that started popping up on the covers of the Golden Age Collection DVDs. What was the deal with that?!

Maybe I'm just a curmudgeon, but this promo shot just makes me thing that WB lost all the original model sheets and handed the art duties off to first year animation students.

Comment

• Brazoo
                          Permanent Member
                          • Feb 14, 2009

Originally posted by Mikey01
                          It really doesn't matter what the art looks like because it's going to suck regardless.
                          Ha - well you've got a good point there.

Originally posted by Mikey01
                          People have been trying to make these 70 year old characters clever for the past 50 years and failed miserably each time.
                          I think WB was on the right track with Animaniacs. Also "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" is unbelievably good to me. If I can say anything nice about "Space Jam" it's that I think they had Bugs' character on the right track. Unbelievable as it sounds, "Space Jam" is like a classic Disney film compared to "Back In Action".

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎