Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have The Amsco Marvel World Playset?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samsallspark
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 17, 2010

Does anyone have The Amsco Marvel World Playset?

I'm wanting to get scans of the pieces so that I could rebuild it in a larger scale. I'd need scans of the pieces laid flat (front and back) and a scan of the box that the pieces connect to so that I could also resize it for the custom project I want to build.

I can be contacted @ samsallspark@hotmail.com

If you're not sure what it looks like here's a pic that I found while surfing the web.
    Last edited by samsallspark; Apr 19, '10, 1:43 AM. Reason: added more info.
  • mazinz
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 2, 2007

I have never heard of either of those, but they are absolutely awesome
    "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• theressa
      Sewing...?
      • Jun 13, 2004

Here's a pic of my Apes set Very neat! Had one a long time ago and loved it! So had to get one again.

Wants, original parts; thinking...
      It's the quiet ones you gotta watch!
      Custom suits, in time
      T_SUITS

Comment

• samsallspark
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 17, 2010

I'd love to get scans of that as well!

Comment

• Mego Superboy Prime
          Career Member
          • Nov 27, 2009

The Marvel Amsco Playset Made by Amsco, a Milton Bradley Co. ©1975 Marvel Comics Group!!

I have it but it's still sealed in the cellophane wrap and is considered one of my "GRAIL" pieces in my collection. It is, what I consider, one of the top 5 toys/playsets ever made. Truly a Marvel wonder and kids had to have hours of fun with this thing (I was too young when it came out).

13.5x20" sealed box contains die-cut playset including Baxter Building, Daily Bugle offices, Peter Parker's apartment, Avengers townhouse, Dr. Strange's mansion, The Negative Zone, Fantastic Four air car, working elevator, secret trap door, break-through brick wall and several stand-up figures. Characters include Spider-Man, Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Dr. Strange, Daredevil, Silver Surfer, Thing, Invisible Woman, Mr. Fantastic, Human Torch, Incredible Hulk, The Vision, Hawkeye, The Falcon, Red Wing, Sub-Mariner, Captain Marvel, Valkyrie, J. Jonah Jameson, Luke Cage, Shang Chi, Mary Jane Watson, Aunt May as well as villains Galactus, Dr. Doom, Loki, The Red Skull, The Lizard, The Green Goblin. The cool part with them is that you have their alter egos on one side and their superheroes on the other. Check this out to see it with all it's beauty and grandeur!!

Sanctum Sanctorum Comix: Visit The World of Marvel... MARVEL WORLD!

For some reason other companies tried to duplicate it's success with other cardboard playsets (like the Hulk and Spider-man Adventure City carry case) but nothing ever came close. This thing can run you anywhere from 250 to 500 plus depending on condition. I had another one that was mint and unpunched but it wasn't sealed, I sold it last year. Good luck.
          Last edited by Mego Superboy Prime; Apr 20, '10, 5:32 AM.
          If you're a fan of old-school toys, toons and comics then my blog is the place for you!!!

Comment

• samsallspark
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 17, 2010

Nice page, but like I said, I have to have full scans both front and back of every piece in order to rebuild it in a larger scale. and anyone who can help me my email is there at the top.
            Last edited by samsallspark; Apr 19, '10, 6:19 AM.

Comment

• Mego Superboy Prime
              Career Member
              • Nov 27, 2009

Jeez, how big are you trying to make it? That seems cool. Are you also going to do the figures?
              If you're a fan of old-school toys, toons and comics then my blog is the place for you!!!

Comment

• samsallspark
                Veteran Member
                • Apr 17, 2010

I'm going to try to do several formats (original, then for 4 inch, 6 inch, 8 inch and lastly 12 inch)! That way every collector will be able to use the set for their dio needs, but I have to get the original scans first.

Comment

• Tiger
                  • Apr 10, 2010

Originally posted by samsallspark
                  I'm going to try to do several formats (original, then for 4 inch, 6 inch, 8 inch and lastly 12 inch)! That way every collector will be able to use the set for their dio needs, but I have to get the original scans first.
                  you're being too picky its an obscure playset, the images posted are probably the best your going to get. i could be wrong tho.

Comment

• Wee67
                    Museum Correspondent
                    • Apr 2, 2002

Wow! Thye detail on that bad boy is amazing. That is one top-notch playset.
                    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• samsallspark
                      Veteran Member
                      • Apr 17, 2010

Picky? no......I just have a great vision in my mind on what could be a great take on a classic. I just have to find someone who has one who doesn't mind scanning the pieces.

(last year I did the same thing with 2 Palitoy sets, and had great results) so I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope that someone will step forward to help me with this masterpiece.

Comment

• Mego Superboy Prime
                        Career Member
                        • Nov 27, 2009

Originally posted by samsallspark
                        Jeeeezzz Good luck. Seems like an enormous task. But I'm sure it's a true labor of love. It would be funny if you did the hero stand ups in that size as well.

Comment

• samsallspark
                          Veteran Member
                          • Apr 17, 2010

Jeeeezzz Good luck. Seems like an enormous task. But I'm sure it's a true labor of love. It would be funny if you did the hero stand ups in that size as well.
                          Tell you what, if i do get the scans for the whole playset, I'll do the hero pieces as well.

Comment

• Marvelmania
                            A Ray of Sunshine
                            • Jun 17, 2001

It would be a tremendous task mainly because there are so many pieces to it. Could it be done, yes but finding the person who would scan each piece front and back will be hard to do. I've been in contact with the owner of the Sanctum Sanctorum Comix site for the past 2 years. He said he's send me scans if I'd send him some scans of stuff I have but he put me off for a couple of years. He's a nice guy and all but just never came through for me and I understand what a work in progress all that scanning would be.
                            I do have a few of the original character pieces to it if anyone would like scans just let me know. I'd be happy to do it.
                            In the end it might be worth trying to win one on Ebay. I've seen them go anywhere from $250-$500 and they show up a few times a year. Making one would be an incredible amount of scanning, cutting and printing. There are a few people on this board including myself that have been after one of these for a long time.

Comment

• Marvelmania
                              A Ray of Sunshine
                              • Jun 17, 2001

Have you ever thought about building the Super City from the Woman's Day book? It would take up much more room but it would be an easier task?

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎