X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

so i'm guessing no FX toy show this year

there's no way they could pull it off in time for May now, I've emailed them countless times and there has been no updates since Feb. This sucks, I really look forward to that show all year
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook
  • Cmonster
    Banned
    • Feb 6, 2010

I hope they wind up having it sometime in the near future. I was gonna go and hang out with the general.

SC

Comment

• Tiger
      • Apr 10, 2010

i've been too this show about 3-4x and its a shell of what it once was. i don't miss it, but i feel bad for collectors from around that area. its probably 50% bad promotion 50% ebay,internet, fall of toyshows in general. really sad to see, toyshows like (kane,fx) were a big part of the fun of the hobby.

Comment

• LadyZod
        Superman's Gal Pal
        • Jan 27, 2007

Looks like they're planning it for sometime in the Fall.

Ever since the new guy (actually the original guy but who's counting) took it over it's been a clusterf--k.

He's changed the venue so many times, he changes the dates (trying to get FX considered one of the big cons he's kept pushing the date back late into the Summer season instead of sticking to the original January-February dates) ....

As a dealer you schedule what shows you can and cannot do... FX was popular for bringing in dealers from out of state and out of country... but if you have to choose to do FX or Wizard World-whatever, most dealers choose the Wizard Worlds of the cons. Now imagine being a celebrity having to choose to be booked for FX or Chicago... where are YOU going?

Plus, the guy has jacked up the prices of tables to the point that small local dealer can barely afford one table, much less a booth with electricity and phoneline (which you need to accept credit cards.) Add all that and the changes in dates and venue confusing convention goers equal lowered attendence.

It makes me sad, since FX was the ultimate show for buying and meeting folks. Met Dr Mego there, met the Cast a Way guys there, met Art there... and now to know I'm missing out on meeting Sandy in person too... darn it.

I'm hoping a friend of mine steps up and takes over FX at some point. (The guy runs the SuperCons down in Miami and Ft Lauderdale.) If you like Ska, he's got Less Than Jake playing at his next show!
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
        Check out my art:
        Art Portfolio@Redbubble
        Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

• ScottA
          Original Member
          • Jun 25, 2001

Originally posted by LadyZod
          It makes me sad, since FX was the ultimate show for buying and meeting folks. Met Dr Mego there, met the Cast a Way guys there, met Art there... and now to know I'm missing out on meeting Sandy in person too... darn it.
          I've been to the last 15 FX shows... did you say Hi to me?

I will miss it if it does't happen this year. FX and MegoMeet are the only 2 shows I get to go to each year. And I've found some good deals at FX over the years.
          sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• LadyZod
            Superman's Gal Pal
            • Jan 27, 2007

Originally posted by ScottA
            I've been to the last 15 FX shows... did you say Hi to me?
            I bet I did. I'm a friendly sort. My husband's the antisocial one
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
            Check out my art:
            Art Portfolio@Redbubble
            Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎