Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dchimpy
    • Dec 14, 2008

Kenner 12" Star Wars Luke

Forgive if I'm posting this in the wrong place, but I'm still relatively new here.

I was going thought some stuff and came across my 12" vintage kenner Luke Skywalker. I noticed that this boots had some sort of funky color stains all the way through to the inside. I tried washing them with just soap and water with no success. Does anyone have any other ideas of how to clean these? I'm afraid to use bleach since they seem made of rubber. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• wayne foundation 07
    Time to feed the cat
    • Dec 30, 2007

Have you tried rubbing alchol?

Comment

• jds1911a1
      Alan Scott is the best GL
      • Aug 8, 2007

The boots probably absorbed color form another toy odds are if the colo bled all the way through it'll never come out

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
        Moderation Engineer
        • Aug 14, 2003

You could soak them in RIT color remover, but I think the stains are there to stay. Sometimes direct sunlight over several days will fade the run.

Comment

• SpaceCrawler
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 20, 2008

You can try Remove-Zit available from the manufacturer's website, Twin Piines of Maine.

Removezit is commonly used to remove magic marker, green spots, etc, from softer plastic (like GI Joe and other doll heads, etc). It might work on those boots, too. I would try it out on the inside bottom of the boot just to make sure it doesn't have any harmful effects, if not, just put some on the spots for a couple of days. I've used it before removing spots from GI Joe heads, those soft GI Joe sailer caps, etc, and it's worked wonders.

But again, be careful, it's strong stuff and not meant for hard plastic. Test first.

Sean
          Last edited by SpaceCrawler; Apr 23, '10, 12:30 PM.

Comment

• starsky
            veteran member
            • Aug 26, 2007

i dont think those stains are coming off. i've had the same situation.

Comment

• AAAAA
              Permanent Member
              • Oct 28, 2005

the color bonded to the vinyl

Comment

• dchimpy
                • Dec 14, 2008

Thanks for eveyone's help and insight. I plan on trying some of these methods and I'll let everyone know if I find a solution.

Comment

• Karen-bionic-fan
                  Banned
                  • Feb 13, 2010

Maybe you can find really cheep ones on ebay to replace good luck .

Bionic best . K

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎