• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris DVM
    Veterinarian Member
    • Jun 18, 2001

MegoMeet Exclusive Figure - 2nd Issue

Hey,
    Well, I talked to all the other people that have generously worked with me over the years on these figures and are currently helping me with this one. All are OK on helping me produce a second run, so I have decided to proceed with that idea.
    I plan on doing this in the following way - there will be 40 MegoMeet Exclusive figures produced for the show. Each one will be in a large flapped window box (preliminary pics from Mego73 are awsome!!), and come with a numbered certificate signed by everyone who was involved in the making of the figure. The same rules apply as I stated before for the sale of the figure.
    Now, after the MegoMeet is over and every figure has been sold, I will take orders for another run of the figure. This figure will come in a different box, modeled on the standard WGSH window box without a flap, and, of course, without a certificate. The figure will come in a non-assembled state with a non-painted head. This figure will be $45 (plus S/H), $5 less but also not painted. For anyone who does not want to paint the head and hat, I will do that before I send it for an additional $10. That means the second figure could run $55, which is more than the exclusive, but trust me, by that time and after painting 40 figures already, it is now a chore and not a joy.
    I feel comfortable with this idea, and hope everyone else does too. I feel it keeps the exclusitivity of the original 40, but gives others a chance to own the figure as well, just not the MegoMeet Exclusive.
    Comments?
    Chris DVM
    "The more I get to know people, the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain
  • Trappy Trek Freak
    House of a thousand Megos
    • Aug 10, 2009

Thats a great Idea. I am going to megomeet and I am planning on buying one at the meet. Is there a way to just buy an extra head to make into a Trek crewman?
    Flickr: Trappy74's Photostream

Comment

• sprytel
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 26, 2009

I think this sounds like a great plan. Everybody wins. Thanks so much for doing this.

Comment

• marbkwds
        Da Bronx Mego Collector
        • May 10, 2005

Awesome to hear .............. I am in ............. Just say when ...... Roy

Thank you for doing this as I know that one of my posts was the start of all of this so I hope it all works out for everyone ............ Roy

Comment

• Sandman9580
          Career Member
          • Feb 16, 2010

CHRIS DVM
          and the
          CUSTOM CRUSADERS OF MEGO

... have swung to the rescue!!! Thanks for raiding the treasure room and bringing this back for us! I knew we weren't doomed to go away empty-handed! This'll be the "Holy Grail" in many a collection -- especially mine! Thanks guys!

Comment

• Meule
            Verbose Member
            • Nov 14, 2004

Great to hear more will be made, the other box and certificate for the Meet figure are also a great idea
            "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Orion
              Museum Night Watchman
              • Mar 11, 2008

Sounds like a great solution and hats off to all those working on this fantastic custom. The price point also sounds more than fair.

Comment

• JimCem99
                New Yorker stuck in Hell!
                • Jan 30, 2010

Great to hear Chris. Thanks for offering more. You will be making many of us happy. And the price is very fair. Thanks again!

Comment

• Hulk
                  Mayor of Megoville
                  • May 10, 2003

Seems very fair to all involved.

Comment

• z3zep
                    The Girl Next Door
                    • Sep 30, 2006

Thanks Chris and to everyone involved!

Comment

• Timothy2251
                      Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                      • Mar 15, 2008

Love this idea. A lot. Very fair, very reasonable, and freakin' nice of everyone involved to do this.
                      "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• blastphemey
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jun 11, 2008

i unfortunately cannot make the meet, but will be absolutely on board for the unassembled unpainted figure

Comment

• trekman101
                          Persistent Member
                          • Feb 6, 2009

Very well handled....a win win situation
                          "Thats the ticket laddie"

Comment

• bobws
                            Permanent Member
                            • Feb 13, 2008

Thank you, as well. i will so get one of these and pay for the extra painting.
                            "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎