X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megoscott
    Founding Partner
    • Nov 17, 2006

Thanks!

I want to say thanks to Doc and EMCE and their partners. We are incredibly lucky to have such a direct and responsive relationship with the manufacturers of the toys we love. I'm really grateful that Doc and Joe share so much information with our members regarding EMCE, BifBangPow, Mattel and others. It's really an honor to the Museum and a gift that collectors of other lines might not have. Sometimes the response from fans is less than gracious and perhaps we are a bit spoiled. I'm really glad they keep coming back.
    This profile is no longer active.
  • boynightwing
    That Carl Guy
    • Apr 24, 2002

I have a Mego sized Green Lantern who fits right in with my old school toys. It doesn't get much better then that.

Thank you

Comment

• Trappy Trek Freak
      House of a thousand Megos
      • Aug 10, 2009

Because of DOC I have a Trek crew of 100 Thank you Doc you are Awesome!
      Flickr: Trappy74's Photostream

Comment

• drmego
        EMCE Toys
        • Jun 15, 2001

My only regret is that I can't say more. It stinks having to keep quiet when
        you are sitting on something like this, but I learned my lesson with Star Trek.

There will be plenty of time to talk about all the gory details after it's all over.
        www.drmego.com
        www.megoman.com
        www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• Meule
          Verbose Member
          • Nov 14, 2004

Amen to that Scott. Thanks again for everything Paul
          "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Flynne
            Permanent Member
            • Jan 22, 2003

Doc and Joe are two giant all-you-can-eat plates of pure awesome, with a generous side of "Kneel before Zod!".
            An old Irish Blessing - "May those who love us, love us; and if they do not love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He does not turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, that we may know them by their limping"

Comment

• drmego
              EMCE Toys
              • Jun 15, 2001

There will a "Kneel before Zod" area at MegoMeet.
              www.drmego.com
              www.megoman.com
              www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• noelani72
                27inaleon
                • Jun 25, 2002

Originally posted by drmego

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                  OH JES!!
                  • Jul 21, 2005

Comment

• LOU
                    Museum FIN-atic
                    • Nov 20, 2003

LOL! I just nearly spit out my coffee when I read this! Funny as hell...

Comment

• HardyGirl
                      Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                      • Apr 3, 2007

I'd like to offer my thanks as well. I haven't gotten this wave of the Retro-Action guys, but I've gotten several Star Trek EMCEs and stuff from Paul's site. And I have to say, it's like a dream come true. I get a taste of my childhood all the time, when I see the excitement over the figures and see them in their packages or go to the website to pick and choose my parts for my own custom, it reminds me of what was cool about being a kid back when Megos were all the rage. It takes me back to watching those after school cartoons w/ the Mego commercials in between. It makes me wanna get on my sneakers, get out the bubble gum and get outside to make up some new adventure w/ my toys.

So thanks Paul, thanks for helping to make all of this happen.
                      "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                      'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                      Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                      If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• jessica
                        fortune favors the bold
                        • Nov 5, 2007

I'm the oddball out. I don't even know what it means...kneel before Zod.

Just like....Khaaaaaaaaaaan!!!!! I never knew what that meant, since I've never seen any of the Star Trek films.
                        Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
                        Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
                        1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
                        1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• HardyGirl
                          Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                          • Apr 3, 2007

Originally posted by jessica
                          I'm the oddball out. I don't even know what it means...kneel before Zod.

Just like....Khaaaaaaaaaaan!!!!! I never knew what that meant, since I've never seen any of the Star Trek films.
                          Rent Superman 2 and Star Trek 2 The Wrath of Khan. All will be clear.
                          "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                          'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                          Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                          If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Sandman9580
                            Career Member
                            • Feb 16, 2010

I'd like to say thanks as well. Star Trek and Retro Action Heroes are what re-ignited my interest in Megos, and trying to get information about them is what led me here to the Museum. It's great to have a place where information is forthcoming, and where the people making the toys are active participants.

Right now, I have a Green Arrow figure and a complete set of Star Trek sitting on my shelf -- brand new, fresh out of the package. Without EMCE, it would have cost me a lot of money, and taken me a lot of time, to get those. And leaving aside the whole "collecting" thing, it's just great that cool toys like these are finally available again. There will be new generations of children who will have memories of Mego, not as an off-limits collectible staring down at them from their parent's display cabinet, but as something they actually played with out in the backyard. That's pretty cool.

Comment

• Captain
                              Fighting the good fight!
                              • Jun 17, 2001

Originally posted by MegoScott
                              I want to say thanks to Doc and EMCE and their partners. We are incredibly lucky to have such a direct and responsive relationship with the manufacturers of the toys we love. I'm really grateful that Doc and Joe share so much information with our members regarding EMCE, BifBangPow, Mattel and others. It's really an honor to the Museum and a gift that collectors of other lines might not have. Sometimes the response from fans is less than gracious and perhaps we are a bit spoiled. I'm really glad they keep coming back.
                              Amen!

Not to mention all the goofiness these guys have to put up with. I' ve probably driven Paul around the bend myself a time or two!

Huzzah for the Shopkeeps!! Thanks Paul, Joe, and everyone else who kept the Mego flame burning, and turned it into the roaring blaze it is right now!!
                              "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎