X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DARTHTYRANUS
    "STUPID RACKINS"
    • Oct 8, 2008

Dc Super Powers question

Hello from the great white north................

While at a local flea market i stumbled upon a loose cape that looks like it should be part of this line specifically Bat man . All my other bat man figures from the first series have blue capes ala neal adams figure the lady at this market said this was for that series and for Batman looked it up on line but they all have blue capes i paid $5.00 and want to know if i was just hosed if so its going back ..
    sigpic
  • boynightwing
    That Carl Guy
    • Apr 24, 2002

Is it a black cape? I think they used the same cape pattern for the "movie line" and later the animated series but in black. I think in the Batman Returns line they did a blue and grey movie Batman. But it was navy blue and grey. Looked really nice.

Comment

• LadyZod
      Superman's Gal Pal
      • Jan 27, 2007

Interesting to note... the first movie line was by Toy Biz which used the exact same molds as their "DC Superheroes" line (which were like a mentally challenged cousins of the Super Powers figures.)

The second line, which was for Batman Returns was produced by Kenner... who did produce the Super Powers figures many year previously.

So I guess you can say they are all in the same family of sorts.

(If you watch Family Guy and are familiar with the "***** Stewie" clone you'll understand why my husband and I refer to the Toy Biz line as "***** Super Powers".)
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
      Check out my art:
      Art Portfolio@Redbubble
      Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

• Sandman9580
        Career Member
        • Feb 16, 2010

Originally posted by LadyZod
        (If you watch Family Guy and are familiar with the "***** Stewie" clone you'll understand why my husband and I refer to the Toy Biz line as "***** Super Powers".)

Comment

• Orlock
          Megohead Superdad
          • Feb 15, 2010

The very early, sort of deformed '89 Batman toys were by Toy Biz:

Toy Biz Batman

They even used repainted versions of Super Powers figures on their card backs for Joker and Batman when the finished product looked nothing like them.

Shortly after the movie premiere, Kenner got the license and produced their own '89 Batman toys long before the Batman Returns line ever came out:

Kenner Batman

Far superior figures and some of my favorite to date.
          My Art/Photography Page For Commissions
          T-Shirts, Prints, and More for Sale
          My Personal Facebook

Comment

• drmego
            EMCE Toys
            • Jun 15, 2001

Kenner did better sculpting but the legs were not articulated at the knees or feet!
            That broke my heart.
            www.drmego.com
            www.megoman.com
            www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• starsky
              veteran member
              • Aug 26, 2007

i miss those cloth capes! i cant stand the smelly plastic overweight capes that cause the figures to topple over.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

The DC Super Heroes figures used modified (or poorly copied) Super Powers mold for Superman, Robin, Wonder Woman and Penguin, and their Riddler used a modified Super Powers Flash body mold. Lex Luthor was all theirs (with his infamous self-inflicting pain action), and then series 2 was all new molds, and it showed. Horrible, horrible figures. A low point for DC licensing.

Super Powers Batman capes seem to fade quite a bit, but it should be a royal blue or lighter. No black or navy. Like others have said, it could be Toy Biz or Kenner, through the various movie and animated lines.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                  One eyed, wonder
                  • Dec 17, 2009

I would say $5 was on the high side for this cape. Beware the word of dealers. Just cause someone has something, does not mean they know exactly what it is. Kenner made so many movie batmans with this black cape, I don't see it becoming rare anytime soon. Now a blue Batman Superpowers cape? Well now that's a cape of a different color and value.

Comment

• jds1911a1
                    Alan Scott is the best GL
                    • Aug 8, 2007

There was a Kenner Dark Knight collection Keaton face batman in the traditional Blue and grey but a dark blue hue on the cape (super powers is a lighter almost sky blue) I want to say wall scaler batman but I just don't remember the exact name it used the backpakc from a spiral zone gut i think

Comment

• DARTHTYRANUS
                      "STUPID RACKINS"
                      • Oct 8, 2008

God its nice to have people that are able to give some good answers, i argued with this lady at the flea market and said the same as most of you but she blatantly said her dc figure had 2 capes (black) when she bought him so i guess we both got hosed,well i guess next time ill know better thanks again .

Only the dark side can bring balance to the galaxy the jedi are to weak .............
                      sigpic

Comment

• samsallspark
                        Veteran Member
                        • Apr 17, 2010

The light blue kenner batman used a Sky Commanders pack not spiral zone, I hate that the flea market lady gave you gruff, but that happens......even here, (I hit flea markets at least once a month), and some vendors will try to sell a bashed together toy and swear it's how it was in the box.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎