X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wayne foundation 07
    Time to feed the cat
    • Dec 30, 2007

Left them hanging on the peg

Stopped at a TRU today and they had 2 of each of the new Mattel figures.Superman was standing kinda odd Green Lantern had that mystery liquid inside the bubble and the the other 2 just didn't do it for me.Had seen Luther before but this is the first time all 4 were together at one time for me to see.I stood there looking at them for a while,wonder what the people in the security booth were thinking.Atlast I walked away and left them hanging.I guess deep down inside I new they weren't a real Mego.I gave my Superman a hug when I got home just so he new he was appriciated Anyone else walking away from them?
  • HardyGirl
    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
    • Apr 3, 2007

I did when I saw Supes and Green Arrow at Wondercon. Mainly b/c none of the figures in this wave are my faves. I'll wait for wave 2. But upon seeing Supes in person, I've noticed something. He's no more "hippy" than any of the other figures, but his costume doesn't fit right, and makes it worse. If the shorts in his outfit were a little bigger and came down a little further, then he wouldn't look like his hips were jutting out so much. (even though they are). Green Lantern doesn't look overly "hippy" in the package b/c his suit fits him better.
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• jimsmegos
      Mego Dork
      • Nov 9, 2008

I did. But you know how addiction starts... I got a Lex "just cuz". Which led to watching on ebay, the "if its' cheap I'll get one"... that led to getting a Green LAntern and Sinestro for $25 combined which led to the final rational of... well hell, I might as well pick up a Superman to round 'em out. And now as the day has passed I am falling for these fella's.

To all you who haven't got one, be careful they are addicting.

Comment

• wayne foundation 07
        Time to feed the cat
        • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by HardyGirl
        I did when I saw Supes and Green Arrow at Wondercon. Mainly b/c none of the figures in this wave are my faves. I'll wait for wave 2. But upon seeing Supes in person, I've noticed something. He's no more "hippy" than any of the other figures, but his costume doesn't fit right, and makes it worse. If the shorts in his outfit were a little bigger and came down a little further, then he wouldn't look like his hips were jutting out so much. (even though they are). Green Lantern doesn't look overly "hippy" in the package b/c his suit fits him better.
        What were they costing there?I like your "hippy"discripition, its dead on

Comment

• HardyGirl
          Mego Museum's Poster Girl
          • Apr 3, 2007

Originally posted by wayne foundation 07
          What were they costing there?I like your "hippy"discripition, its dead on
          $20 and I meant Green Lantern when I said Green Arrow. I get those Green guys mixed up.
          "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
          'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
          Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
          If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• TrueDave
            Toy Maker
            • Jan 12, 2008

I walked away. I saw the villians first. I was interested in the kryptonite rattling around.

I finally saw Superman on a Birthday scout. My friend said the one I have is better. 9" Silver age.

Havent seen Green Lantern.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

I like them, problems and all. I have faith the folks over at Mattel will correct the issues we have been seeing.

Comment

• jimsmegos
                Mego Dork
                • Nov 9, 2008

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                I like them, problems and all. I have faith the folks over at Mattel will correct the issues we have been seeing.
                I'm actually worried about Wave 2. From the pics I've seen they aren't very pleasing. :(

Comment

• Godzilla
                  Permanent Member
                  • Nov 3, 2002

I was holding on buying the line based on the various comments I'd read. I wanted to see them in person and see what my own opinion was. I found Green lantern and Synestro at my comic shop last week and I was immediately in love. I snatched them instantly and I haven't regretted it yet. They are great toys, just like Megos were.
                  Mortui Vivos Docent
                  The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• Hotfoot
                    Dazed and Confused
                    • Dec 30, 2007

Finally got by my TRUS today. Found one peg with six figures near the bottom. Poor guys all had the tilt. Looked like they were trying to fall down. Their waists are awfully skinny. Malnourished Super Heros!

Did not look like they would be fun to play with compared with all the other figures available. Left them hanging too!
                    Too many toys. Not enough space!

Comment

• VintageMike
                      Permanent Member
                      • Dec 16, 2004

I did buy a Luthor but have seen Lantern & Sinestro since and walked away. Much as I like GL & Sinestro I always thought Luthor was missing from the Mego line so I had to pick him up.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎