• Show
Clear All
  • Wee67
    Museum Correspondent
    • Apr 2, 2002

Oooooohh, Now I Get It. (POTA TV)

I have never seen the POTA TV series.

That's right. Not one episode.

That is until last night. I bought the series and and watched the first 1 and 1/2 eps last night. Its kind of funny reading all the conversations about the series' influences on theMego line over the years and finally understanding. The inspirations are almost immediately apparent. Urko (or Ursus or whatever), Galen's outfit, etc. Even the some of the customs I have seen here are now making sense. Now I want a custom soldier ape with that cool silverish upside-down "V" on his tunic.

Its a bit early to comment on the series, but so far I'm enjoying it. It was a bit silly how they covered the whole its-the-future-and-the-earth-is-run-by-apes-now in about 2 minutes, but I guess that had to get that outoof the way so they could get to new plot lines. I'm looking forward to the rest of the series.
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

well it's about time buddy I gotta get the set on dvd
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• kept back
      Persistent Member
      • Aug 2, 2002

Now if you can find the Trek animated show on DVD more of the decisions Mego made will make a bit of sense. I'll never get the oven mitts, though.
      Of all the souls I have encountered his was the most...human.

Comment

• ABMAC
        User
        • May 16, 2002

Planet of the Apes is a good series, if a bit uneven and formulaic. They managed to get an impressive mix of guest stars to help them chew the scenery, also.

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

It's "the fugitive" with monkeys, what's not to love?
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• kingcarm
            That Ape Guy
            • Sep 7, 2001

The POTA TV series is Cheese at it's best. Cheesy, Campy, and sometimes Silly. In other words.....Good Stuff.
            Carm

Comment

• batmanmc
              mego batman collector
              • Jun 22, 2004

it was very entertaining. i liked it and would watch it gain.

Comment

• DocDrako
                Formerly Doc Drako
                • Nov 11, 2004

I've never seen it either. I need to watch it.

"I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

• Dave Mc
                  Administrator
                  • Oct 20, 2002

Originally posted by kingcarm
                  The POTA TV series is Cheese at it's best. Cheesy, Campy, and sometimes Silly. In other words.....Good Stuff.
                  Well put. Good description and exactly why I enjoy it.

Comment

• Mr Mego
                    Love to play with Megos
                    • Oct 19, 2003

Yep, that's excellent POTA TV series!!!

I found POTA TV series DVD set from the Wall-Mart last year. I love to watching them often!

I remember the whole of that POTA TV series when my brother and I was very young in the 70's, we watched them every nights!

I forgot to ask my parents to buy Mego POTA figures and Playset for my Birthday or Christmas present........
                    Last edited by Mr Mego; Sep 13, '07, 7:50 AM.
                    Wanted to buy pair original shoes for vintage WOZ Wizard

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list in here.

Comment

• HardyGirl
                      Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                      • Apr 3, 2007

I recorded the series when the Sci-Fi Channel aired them w/ Roddy McDowell's (RIP) commentary. I remember when I was little, my dad would periodically watch this show. I wasn't interested then, but I love it now.
                      "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                      'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                      Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                      If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

I got hooked on the series by accident, my parents had to rush my sister to the hospital one day and in the rush, left me at home.

Four hours of the TV movies made for an excellent babysitter. I drove my mother nuts asking her questions about where Verdon and Burke fit into the continuity, she kept saying "I think Charlton Heston was the astronaut"

I also remember telling my mom POTA would be an excellent musical.
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• mego70
                          • Jul 4, 2007

The series was more a part of my childhood than the films, I was only 3 when the 5th film was made.

Its my birthday on Saturday and the DVD TV series is on my list. I got the movies last year.

Can't wait to rekindle more of those childhood memories.

Comment

• The Sentry
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jun 3, 2007

I was born when it came out so I didn'tget to watch it then(LOL!) My Ma was in labor with me and had some complications and hated the show after that due to bad memories. Then in the early 80's on the local channel around here they showed a marathon of Planet of the Apes, one every night! I watched each one with amazement, (to my Mother's dismay) I was hooked!

One day at Spencer gifts in the Charleston Town Center there was a young clerk by the name of Clayton who overheard me talking about POTA and said he had the figures and would sell them to my ma for $40.00! I asked if there was a Corny and Zira and he said yes! I was in Heaven! I had no idea that MEGO did the line! Those very peices are the ones I found in the storage shed just 2 days ago. I will never forget the times I had with those figures, then about a year later I caught some of the TV show on TBS and loved that as well, now that was about 20 years ago and I would love to see them again! I want that complete DVD collection that they put out a few years ago, I loved the movies and I think I would enjoy the show now even more than ever!

Sorry for rambling but the POTA find has me in a very nostalgic mood.
                            sigpic
                            http://facebook.com/Lee.Harrah.99
                            https://www.facebook.com/pages/HARRA...755356&sk=info
                            [url]https://www.reverbnation.com/harrah99?profile_view_source=header_icon_nav[url]

Comment

• Mr Mego
                              Love to play with Megos
                              • Oct 19, 2003

That's great brought your memories, The Sentry!

I forgot to add one thing. I remember my parents, one brother and I went to the Theater in Texas City, TX and watched part 2 - 5 POTA movies. My family and I had a GREAT spent time to watched almost the whole movie! I was born in November 25th, 1967, I was one year old baby in 1968. I haven't watch part 1 yet but in the early '70s I watched part 1 on the TV. Also, there have part 1 - 5 POTA movie on the TV!

P.O.T.A RULES!!!!
                              Last edited by Mr Mego; Oct 11, '07, 12:09 PM.
                              Wanted to buy pair original shoes for vintage WOZ Wizard

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list in here.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎