X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cactus725
    Caped Crusader
    • Feb 8, 2010

Star Wars Repair?

Just wondering ...I just picked up a loose Vintage original Darth Vader that had the telescopic light saber...the light saber is missing..my question is there a repro that I can find to replace the original or is there anything I can do?...I'm not a collector but my son is and I just wanted to fix it up for him..oh yea will that hurt the value any...I suppose since it is a loose figure it's probably not worth much now...
  • BOTZWANA
    spam
    • May 28, 2009

No one will answer your question around here. I have posted a few topics about it. I guess they all hate repro parts.

Comment

• rche
      channeling Bob Wills
      • Mar 26, 2008

^^ I think it is more a case of this not being a Star Wars specific forum. I would take a look at the forums at Rebelscum.com. You could probably find an original saber from one of the sellers in their marketplace, or find out who makes repro items for that figure.

Comment

• cactus725
        Caped Crusader
        • Feb 8, 2010

Thanks guys!! I'll do that!

Comment

• ZICA
          Persistent Member
          • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by cactus725
          Just wondering ...I just picked up a loose Vintage original Darth Vader that had the telescopic light saber...the light saber is missing..my question is there a repro that I can find to replace the original or is there anything I can do?...I'm not a collector but my son is and I just wanted to fix it up for him..oh yea will that hurt the value any...I suppose since it is a loose figure it's probably not worth much now...
          You might want to consider getting a POTF classic 4 pack that TRU sold back in 1995. It comes with vintage reissues of Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, and Chewbacca. The figures are virtually identical to the originals from 1978 and they all have repro weapons. You can find these 4 packs really cheap on ebay.

Comment

• B-Lister
            Eccentric Weirdo
            • Mar 19, 2010

Happy to help:

Repro accessories in the marketplace now outnumber originals. It is impossible in some areas to find a loose figure with an authentic weapon.

that said, It won't affect the value much, as the value is in unopened, carded originals.
            Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎