X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blue Meanie
    Banned
    • Jun 23, 2001

Action Man Captain Zargon...

What's the deal with this figure? Is it just a UK thing or can they be found in other countries? Reason why I ask is that the sword/weapon he has is exactly the same as the sword/weapon that the French Captain Harlock/Albator figure has...and I need one to replace the one from my figure that was broken. Thanks for any help on this guy:

• MysteryWho
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 16, 2008

Zargon was a part of the Action Man Space Ranger series. Harlock was Group Action Joe, the French Joe. One likely borrowed the sword from the other. I don't know if any other Joes from other countries had a sword from the same mold, but it's possible. I wouldn't be surprised if some other international Joe had the same sword, but it wouldn't be an easy piece to find. Best bet is UK eBay to look for a Zargon sword.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
      Banned
      • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by MysteryWho
      Zargon was a part of the Action Man Space Ranger series. Harlock was Group Action Joe, the French Joe. One likely borrowed the sword from the other. I don't know if any other Joes from other countries had a sword from the same mold, but it's possible. I wouldn't be surprised if some other international Joe had the same sword, but it wouldn't be an easy piece to find. Best bet is UK eBay to look for a Zargon sword.
      I found a couple of Action Man Parts lots with the sword in it...but they didn't ship outside of the UK....Guess I'll just have to keep checking. Thanks for the info.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
        Invincible Ironing Man
        • Feb 28, 2008

Definitely a Harlock clone.
        I have this one boxed...

Not an easy part to replace. I'll keep an eye out over here....
        "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• cjefferys
          Duke of Gloat
          • Apr 23, 2006

That Captain Zargon is a really cool figure. Is he rare/hard to find?

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

I used to trip over them, honestly I even found a boxed one here at the local flea market . Since Roberto mentioned this to me, I haven't seen Zargon one.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• cjefferys
              Duke of Gloat
              • Apr 23, 2006

I was just curious because I wouldn't mind owning one. I was just worried about them being rare and expensive, but it looks like I should have been looking for one sooner. I'm always late for the party!

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                Banned
                • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by palitoy
                I used to trip over them, honestly I even found a boxed one here at the local flea market . Since Roberto mentioned this to me, I haven't seen Zargon one.
                I think the one that was at that toy site you sent me the link for is even gone. I do a Zargon check at least once a week...and a Harlock/Albator check at least once a week...and I wish that they would already release the 42 episode season in English or at least with English Subtitles already. I just won Volume one of the Laserdisc Box sets...basically the first 21 episodes. Maybe I can get my Sister-In-Law to translate each and every minute of every episode

I have to say...that Harlock French figure is ridiculously hard to find...and forget about boxed. I think the last boxed one I saw on ebay went for about $800.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎