Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I urge folks to post on Mattycollector forums also.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

I urge folks to post on Mattycollector forums also.

The forums over at Mattycollector.com have a message board for the retro heroes, but it's totally dead, unlike this board, which is pretty active.

I don't know if anyone at Mattel visits these boards or not, but based on how slow the board is on their own site, they may interpret it as a lack of interest in the retro heroes line.

I urge everyone to head over there also, and post the same comments critiques and suggestions you post here. Let them know the fans are out there!
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Like I want to read Megosaurus's posts there now that he has been removed from here.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• scott metzger
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 9, 2007

That is the one thing over there; it's gotten better now that they actually discovered what a moderator is, but it still has a much different feel from these boards.

Still, I think it's a good idea to wade into those waters, as that's the board Mattel is the one most likely to get attention from Mattel. Sales are going to be the bottom line for the line's future, but some of the comments here, especially about the problems Mattel is trying to fix, should definitely be repeated over there.

Comment

• Meule
        Verbose Member
        • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by scott metzger
        That is the one thing over there; it's gotten better now that they actually discovered what a moderator is, but it still has a much different feel from these boards.

Still, I think it's a good idea to wade into those waters, as that's the board Mattel is the one most likely to get attention from Mattel. Sales are going to be the bottom line for the line's future, but some of the comments here, especially about the problems Mattel is trying to fix, should definitely be repeated over there.
        Doc reads these boards and I'm sure he reports every comment we make, be it good or bad, to them. Mattel knows all too well what the problems are
        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• kingdom warrior
          OH JES!!
          • Jul 21, 2005

Originally posted by Meule
          Doc reads these boards and I'm sure he reports every comment we make, be it good or bad, to them. Mattel knows all too well what the problems are
          That's exactly what I thought. The man loves megos and sees what we all write and it doesn't take a Rocket Scientist to know that bugs and faults will occur in any product.

Comment

• scott metzger
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 9, 2007

True, but it backs Doc up if Mattel sees folks posting about exactly what he is saying over there. Big wigs don't always listen to the folks who know what they are talking about.

Trust me, it is sometimes VERY hard to get a point across to Mattel; ask any DC Universe 6" collector about how long we've been telling Mattel about the problem with the neck joints, and if Mattel still gets what we are even talking about.

Post and back Doc up; it can't hurt.

Comment

• Meule
              Verbose Member
              • Nov 14, 2004

It can't hurt, that's true, but if the big wigs won't even listen to Paul, then why do you think they'd listen to us?
              "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• raider5gt
                Museum Tree Cutter
                • Nov 25, 2007

I thought the Doc said that Mattel reads the Museum boards?

Or was i having a bad day and imagined it

Never stand behind a cow when it sneezes.

Comment

• BlackKnight
                  The DarkSide Customizer
                  • Apr 16, 2005

Originally posted by scott metzger
                  ask any DC Universe 6" collector about how long we've been telling Mattel about the problem with the neck joints,

... I have like almost every 1 of these ..., and Dunno what your talking about. ... I seem to not have problems with my neck joints..., well the 1's I have opened..., and taken apart too.

Now my Black Canary and Powergirl seem to have looser hip Joints than the rest ..., but was under the impression that, That is just the type of Women they are.
                  ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• B-Lister
                    Eccentric Weirdo
                    • Mar 19, 2010

the matty boards are a cesspool, and there is no redeeming them.
                    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• puckace
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Feb 5, 2009

Originally posted by BlackKnight
                      ... I have like almost every 1 of these ..., and Dunno what your talking about. ... I seem to not have problems with my neck joints..., well the 1's I have opened..., and taken apart too.

Now my Black Canary and Powergirl seem to have looser hip Joints than the rest ..., but was under the impression that, That is just the type of Women they are.
                      The neck used to be able to look up or down on DCUC 6" figures. Mattel took that articulation away and now figures can only look side to side.

Comment

• drmego
                        EMCE Toys
                        • Jun 15, 2001

The guys at Mattel, like everyone else, drops in from time to time to take the
                        pulse of the hardcore fans. They are not going to respond to individual posts,
                        and I always bring up any real issues on the weekly call - like the oil inside
                        the blister.

I am surprised at how much venom comes out on the matty boards. Big
                        companies are like battleships - it takes a lot of effort to turn the ship
                        around.

While this line is important to us, and gets a lot of love at Mattel, it is
                        a new line and is a small faction of their total business. Barbie and Hot
                        Wheels get all the resource and they have been going for decades.
                        www.drmego.com
                        www.megoman.com
                        www.emcetoys.com

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎