• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

I don't like the new youtube layout

I don't like youtubes new layout.

First of all it takes 4 times as long to get a video to start playing ...

Also, you can't rate video's 1-5 stars anymore.

And .... since the comments below now have that extra highlight feature it takes the page that much longer to load.

I wish people would stop fixing things that arent broken.
  • spamn
    Minty and All-Original!
    • Mar 28, 2002

Originally posted by Mikey01
    I don't like youtubes new layout.

First of all it takes 4 times as long to get a video to start playing ...

Also, you can't rate video's 1-5 stars anymore.

And .... since the comments below now have that extra highlight feature it takes the page that much longer to load.

I wish people would stop fixing things that arent broken.
    Not sure why there's a redesign, but I do know the iPad came out over the weekend and it doesn't run Flash, so youtube converted to html5. Could this be related?

Comment

• HardyGirl
      Mego Museum's Poster Girl
      • Apr 3, 2007

The only thing I don't like about it is that you can't find your viewing history anymore. As for fixing what's not broken, I'm SO w/ you there. Here's an example. I own a Shaun Cassidy website, and have for the last 10 years. This w/e I wanted to embed a video from YouTube, but it's been so long since I did, I forgot how. So I was calling the tech support number, and they said I should DL an update. I was fine w/ that, but little did I know the update was a completely different web builder format. I was OUTRAGED. The new format is harder to work, and takes more steps to accomplish what used to take only 1 step. I wanted my old format back and they said I couldn't have it. Once the new one is in, that's it. Well, I just sat down and cried. That's right, I'm a crier. To make matters worse, all the work I had done on the site up to that point (I was updating til the phone call) was GONE! I really lost it then. It took the tech support guy almost 2 hours to fix that, but we finally did. There was NOTHING wrong w/ the old format, and I really HATE to have to get used to something new after a decade of doing it a certain way.
      "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
      'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
      Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
      If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍