Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Redskins just got a whole lot better!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

The Redskins just got a whole lot better!!

Man they just landed Donovan Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins reach agreement on Donovan McNabb trade - ESPN , I 'm really shocked by this move
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook
  • ScottA
    Original Member
    • Jun 25, 2001

Very interesting. I am surprised as well.
    sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Random Axe
      The Voice of Reason
      • Apr 16, 2008

I don't think either team really benefited from this move.

Anyone remember Philly football before Donovan? Exactly. Although he's choked in the big games, he's the best QB they've had in thirty years. Those fans have hated him since draft day and have given him crap his whole career. Kold has started something like three games. Ever. Yeah, that move makes sense.

Washington picked up a QB that has two years left, maybe three and has an offensive line that cannot protect him. He's gonna get crushed. The ONLY way this takes a poitive turn is drafting a QB to learn from Don. He may not be great in huge games, but he has a wealth of knowledge and is a totally classy guy. He could be a great mentor.

I think those two games this season will be must-watch TV.

I could be very wrong on all counts, but I don't think so. The only winner here might be Donovan.

Scott
      I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• megojim
        Permanent Member
        • Oct 13, 2001

U R right Scott . . he'll be on IR by week six!
        My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
          Moderation Engineer
          • Aug 14, 2003

The most memorable thing about the Redskins for me last year was a game I caught the last few minutes of in which Jason Campbell got the snot beat out of him. I agree that they'll be scraping Donovan pancakes off the turf before the season is half over.

Comment

• BlackKnight
            The DarkSide Customizer
            • Apr 16, 2005

Phili's Stupid imo.
            Campbell is Horrible as a QB ..., I think this will Actually help the Skins out quite a bit imo.
            ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• jwyblejr
              galactic yo-yo
              • Apr 6, 2006

You gotta feel sorry for McNabb in a way. It was either there or Oakland.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Bad move for both teams. How much gas does McNabb have left in the tank?
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
                  To Fear is Not Logical...
                  • Feb 17, 2008

I am surprised that the Eagles would send him to a rival. The Redskins line as mentioned did not exist last year, so I guess they will have his old legs run a lot? Campbell had on most plays a half second to read the field and throw. He is not a top level quarterback, but he is better than it looks because he has had no protection for the last few years. Hope he finds success elsewhere. (but not in Miami)
                  It's all good!

Comment

• MIB41
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Sep 25, 2005

I love the move! It guarantees Dallas will win the East again! Thanks Philly!!

Comment

• toys2cool
                      Ultimate Mego Warrior
                      • Nov 27, 2006

you guys are forgetting that the Skins got a new coach (Shanahan) and they picked up a couple of vet Rb's. plus they have the #4 pick coming up..trust me they'll be fine
                      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
                        Persistent Member
                        • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by toys2cool
                        you guys are forgetting that the Skins got a new coach (Shanahan) and they picked up a couple of vet Rb's. plus they have the #4 pick coming up..trust me they'll be fine
                        Washington is in good hands. Shanahan knows exactly what he is doing, that line and the new scheme will give Mcnaab the protection he needs to throw the dump routes. Shanny keeps you off balance with the dumps, and then runs between the seams....then drops back and crushes you with the long pass. Mcnaab is sharper than Campbell and will pick up the new offense faster, thats the main reason for the trade.

Washington will have a winning season guaranteed.

Comment

• spamn
                          Minty and All-Original!
                          • Mar 28, 2002

Clearly we're getting ready to start Michael Vick.

Comment

• MegoMike
                            Veteran Member
                            • Sep 5, 2005

Originally posted by spamn
                            No way. Kevin Kolb is the starter. They tried to move Mike Vick in the offseason, but there was ZERO interest in him as a starter. They hoped to move him for a draft pick, but couldn't- and now they're stuck paying him the other 5 million or so he's owed for this year. He's going to be an overpaid backup unless Kolb really blows it. Picking up the dog killer turned out to be a huge mistake.

The national media doesn't understand Philly fans. The Eagles have NEVER won a Super Bowl. Being competitive isn't good enough. Yes, Donovan is a very good quarterback- just not good enough. Does moving Donovan make us a better team? Probably not. But it's time to start thinking about the future. The team that went to the Super Bowl in 2004 is gone now. Dawkins, Westbrook, Runyan, Trotter- all the veterans are gone and have been replaced by young talent. This team stays competitive, and won't admit that they're rebuilding- but they are.

I am a Donovan supporter and hope he does well, despite the fact that he is now playing for a division rival. Much like Donovan, John Elway was considered among the best quarterbacks of his time- but not considered to be great until he won a Super Bowl. Elway won his two Super Bowls at the end of his career when Mike Shanahan became the coach of the Broncos. And who is the Redskins' coach now? Oh yeah- Mike Shanahan.

It'll be interesting to see what happens. I'll definately have those two regular season games circled on my calendar.

Comment

• Wee67
                              Museum Correspondent
                              • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by Random Axe
                              Those fans have hated him since draft day and have given him crap his whole career.
                              I do have to disagree with this. Yes, the fans boo-ed him when they were upset about drafting him instead of Ricky Williams (looks like genius, now), but over the years Philly has grown to love McNabb. Philly, however, is probably the roughest place to be a sports star. As a Philly native, I feel like sports are almost some form of a twisted religion in that town. Fans are are pretty rough, even on the stars they love!

Originally posted by spamn
                              My understanding is that they really believe in Kolb. I don't know enough about him to understand why, but I'm sure Vick will get his share of snaps in case anything goes wrong.

As for the Redskins, it seems no matter how much money Snyder throws at that team or who they pick up, they some how find a way to miss the playoffs. And as a Cowboys fan, I hope that continues
                              WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎