X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Karen-bionic-fan
    Banned
    • Feb 13, 2010

Information & discussion on Kenner

As you all know Kenner did an amazing job on Star wars and the Six million Dollar Man & The Bionic Woman , It amazes how great there line of toys was
    it still amazes me how great there 12 figure line was and play-sets what other kenner line got the same treatment ? As you all know I collect the Bionic stuff I am still in shock the amount of toys that was issued 70s kids had it all mego and kenner the new toys today just don't come close

• HardyGirl
    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
    • Apr 3, 2007

Well, they did do a good job on the Hardy Boys line, (except the commercial marketed to boys! What was that about?), but there were some problems w/ Shaun's likeness at first so the Parker figure was released first. What they did was OK, but I think if they had combined the hair and smile of Mattel's Shaun doll (this was not supposed to be a Shaun Cassidy doll, but it really did resemble him), and the eyes of the Kenner doll, they would have had a perfect likeness!

But you be the judge!

1980 Mattel SHAUN Doll - Starr's Boyfriend - NRFB - eBay (item 220534377517 end time May-01-10 1658 PDT)

1978 HARDY BOYS 12" kenner doll MIB -- SHAUN CASSIDY - eBay (item 400001443890 end time Apr-30-10 1456 PDT)

I also find it weird that Kenner would release a Blonde and brown haired Shaun Cassidy doll (there were fewer blondes made) and a blue eyed and brown eyed version of Jaime Sommers, (Lindsay Wagner's eyes are blue). Why not just one version of each doll?
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• starsky
      veteran member
      • Aug 26, 2007

i think kenner did an awesome job with both shaun and parker dolls.

Comment

• bizzaro megomauler
        WANTED for card bending
        • Apr 26, 2008

let's not forget the 12" Star Wars line. for 70's toys they still hold their own.

Comment

• B-Lister
          Eccentric Weirdo
          • Mar 19, 2010

Being an all-around Toy Fan (I don't just collect Megos or 60s/70s style toys), I don't know if I'd go so far as to say that newer stuff doesn't come close.

I think there's an inherent charm in nostalgia, and our memories of childhood will always trump anything that has come out since we've grown up, but quality toys are still being made, and sold. Mattel still sells quality. So long as you can find it.
          Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• kennermike
            Permanent Member
            • Nov 4, 2007

Originally posted by Karen-bionic-fan

As you all know Kenner did an amazing job on Star wars and the Six million Dollar Man & The Bionic Woman , It amazes how great there line of toys was
            it still amazes me how great there 12 figure line was and play-sets what other kenner line got the same treatment ? As you all know I collect the Bionic stuff I am still in shock the amount of toys that was issued 70s kids had it all mego and kenner the new toys today just don't come close

Karen seeing all your threads started me thinking how much I like the Six million dollar man Line .I dont have anything but I think I am going to start a collection I know I am late but I hope I can still find items in nice condition.wish me luck
            Last edited by kennermike; Apr 5, '10, 1:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎