X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wayne foundation 07
    Time to feed the cat
    • Dec 30, 2007

feeding the wildlife

I come back to the computer after just watching the coyote eat his supper.We put out bird food during the day for the cats to watch from the windows and dinner scraps with cat food for this big coyote to eat at the corner of the yard.Our back yard attaches to about 100 acres of farm field and trees.We get deer through thewinter to eat corn and salt lick but the coyote was new about a month ago and now comes every night.He's about the size of a small German sheppard.Real nervous when eats always looking around.Kinda neat hearing them calling to each other in the night.Its reallt cool seeing nature coming this close.Hey Hector I bet he would take care of your cat problem
  • SlipperyLilSuckers
    MeGoing
    • May 14, 2003

Oh wow! If you get a chance to take a picture I would LOVE to see it!

Comment

• Rallygirl
      Kitsch rules!
      • May 31, 2008

Originally posted by SlipperyLilSuckers
      Oh wow! If you get a chance to take a picture I would LOVE to see it!
      '

I could show you a picture of our coyote, but he is not nearly so impressive. Why? Ours is stuffed, mounted and sitting up in our dormer window. He is there as a reminder the the other local coyotes to keep their distance. LOL

Dang it all,....there went some of that redneck again. It just slipped out before I could stop it. LOL
      sigpic

Comment

• jp1969
        Banned
        • Dec 10, 2009

Only critters I get are racoons,skunks and stray cats.
        They usually feed in my trash can.

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by wayne foundation 07
          I come back to the computer after just watching the coyote eat his supper.We put out bird food during the day for the cats to watch from the windows and dinner scraps with cat food for this big coyote to eat at the corner of the yard.Our back yard attaches to about 100 acres of farm field and trees.We get deer through thewinter to eat corn and salt lick but the coyote was new about a month ago and now comes every night.He's about the size of a small German sheppard.Real nervous when eats always looking around.Kinda neat hearing them calling to each other in the night.Its reallt cool seeing nature coming this close.Hey Hector I bet he would take care of your cat problem
          Could I please adopt him?

sigpic

Comment

• megoscott
            Founding Partner
            • Nov 17, 2006

When I was a kid the coyotes would come out in the early morning and crap on the manhole covers in the road. Not sure why, maybe they were warm. My stepdad enjoyed popping them in the butt with a .22 long range.
            This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• Joe90
              Most Special Agent
              • Feb 23, 2008

You have big coyotes in Ohio!

I wouldn't encourage Mr Coyote to get too used to you. One of their biggest survival strategies is to not trust us. If he gets thinking that you're okay he might expect the same from your neighbours. Lots of folks in my neighbourhood have had their small dogs and cats go missing due to the coyotes getting bolder and having no fear of people.

That's becoming a problem continent wide.

Worse Case Scenario.
              Last edited by Joe90; Apr 4, '10, 6:22 PM.
              90, Joe 90.... Great Shakes : Milk Chocolate -- Shaken, not Stirred.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎