X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bizzaro megomauler
    WANTED for card bending
    • Apr 26, 2008

I think we should try to start organizing this:

Is ther a way we can get cases wholesale? If so I would propose to get the old hat out, and start collecting soon for Toys For Tots. We could make a huge donation in one shot, courtesy of your friends at the MegoMuseum or something.... (About time these kids get some decent stuff to play with since 1982....lol)
  • Sandman9580
    Career Member
    • Feb 16, 2010

Hey, that's a pretty good idea.

Comment

• wilbs518
      Mego Collector
      • Jul 25, 2009

Great idea! I'm in.
      sigpic

Comment

• AAAAA
        Permanent Member
        • Oct 28, 2005

you have set up a PO box where people can send the money, and find out a ahead of time what is available ,shipping dates ,and when payment is do.
        i suggest a shipment of girl dolls and cloths for the little girls who do not want superhero /adventure stuff.
        I can order that from china direct.
        we would have to star now .its a great idea, just a major undertaking
        Last edited by AAAAA; Apr 3, '10, 11:32 AM.

Comment

• bizzaro megomauler
          WANTED for card bending
          • Apr 26, 2008

Originally posted by AAAAA
          you have set up a PO box where people can send the money, and find out a ahead of time what is available ,shipping dates ,and when payment is do.
          i suggest a shipment of girl dolls and cloths for the little girls who do not want superhero /adventure stuff.
          I can order that from china direct.
          we would have to star now .its a great idea, just a major undertaking
          Huge undertaking is right, that's why I am thinking about it NOW. The girls thing is great as well, and I fully agree there should be a split. Anyone heve any resources we can tap for wholesaling? Barbie-esque would be suitable for the girls, but I feel they do deserve a product of equal quality. I think this community is awesome, and would love to be involved with getting this underway, any and all help would be appreciated, even a nudge in the right direction. I see people help one another left and right here, in their personal dilemmas as well as in their collections. I am really proud to be a member here and help when and where I can!

Comment

• Trappy Trek Freak
            House of a thousand Megos
            • Aug 10, 2009

I think the girls should get a female 8in from Doc Mego and it can be Dina Mite esque in stead of barbie esque.
            Flickr: Trappy74's Photostream

Comment

• bizzaro megomauler
              WANTED for card bending
              • Apr 26, 2008

hence the esque.... We would have to see just what we can realistically afford, and gain acess to.

Comment

• geoffdude
                Banned
                • Apr 18, 2009

While a fine idea, I think the issues would be:

(1) You need an account w/Mattel to purchase cases straight from them.

(2) A minimum order is needed, like in the $20,000 range, as example, to just place a wholesale order (just a random number I grabbed).

And, ordering straight from Mattel is the only true wholesale path, getting them from Diamond etc. would be 1 level added.

g.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎