• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrueDave
    Toy Maker
    • Jan 12, 2008

EMCE Trek and Apes completists?

No General Apes. No Humans.

No sign of the last of the original Trek aliens.

What are you doing to fill in the gaps in your collection?
  • CrimsonGhost
    Often invisible
    • Jul 18, 2002

If you have all the Emce Trek and Apes, then your collection IS complete.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• HardyGirl
      Mego Museum's Poster Girl
      • Apr 3, 2007

Well, the EMCE Star Trek figures have helped me complete my BRIDGE crew. Now I'm looking forward to the arrival of Nurse Chapel. (yeah, technically she's not a bridge officer, but still)
      "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
      'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
      Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
      If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Trappy Trek Freak
        House of a thousand Megos
        • Aug 10, 2009

I have made like a whole starship crew I will have to count but its around 100 Trek crewmen
        Flickr: Trappy74's Photostream

Comment

• cdhall
          Persistent Member
          • Aug 14, 2004

Pix

Originally posted by Trappy Trek Freak
          I have made like a whole starship crew I will have to count but its around 100 Trek crewmen
          Post pix! Please! Thanks.
          —-
          “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
          - Admiral Kirk

"...surely, the best of times."
          - Captain Spock
          https://youtu.be/tOtKcJtahKQ

Comment

• Meule
            Verbose Member
            • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by TrueDave

I have all the original Treks and all the EMCE Treks, there are no gaps in my collection. And to be honest, I'd rather have never before released Trek figures than rereleases of originals
            "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• spamn
              Minty and All-Original!
              • Mar 28, 2002

I avoided the original crew, Klingon, Keeper, and Cheron at retail, but grabbed everything else. And when they hit clearance, grabbed some Uhurus, Mugatos, Keepers, and a Scotty at various prices under $10. How could I not get a Mego figure that cheap.

I think my favorite get was the Keeper for 7.99 at the Star Trek Exhibit at the Franklin Institute in Philadelphia. Made me wonder what other figures were available at that if I'd gone when it first came to town.

Comment

• The Bat
                Batman Fanatic
                • Jul 14, 2002

Very much looking forward to the new Wave of EMCE Trek Figures!
                sigpic

Comment

• Chris
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by spamn
                  I think my favorite get was the Keeper for 7.99 at the Star Trek Exhibit at the Franklin Institute in Philadelphia. Made me wonder what other figures were available at that if I'd gone when it first came to town.
                  Initially they had all of them but in the end they only had Cheron and I think the Mugato. I went there close to the first day and the last day. I'm sorry I didn't take a photo of the first day. It was a whole wall of Retro Megos. I think I teared up.
                  If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• spamn
                    Minty and All-Original!
                    • Mar 28, 2002

Originally posted by Chris
                    Initially they had all of them but in the end they only had Cheron and I think the Mugato. I went there close to the first day and the last day. I'm sorry I didn't take a photo of the first day. It was a whole wall of Retro Megos. I think I teared up.
                    Brilliant marketing. I was happy enough to see what I saw there as I was exiting the exhibit.

Comment

• Colf72
                      • Feb 21, 2008

Originally posted by TrueDave

I feel the same way. I also wish they would complete the repro lines. I even went so far as to buy an original Mego Gorn and Neptunian.

I was really bummed when they pulled the plug on the Emce Apes I may eventually go looking to complete my collection with loose Mego's (can't afford e-bay prices on carded Mego's)

at least there is another trek wave coming but it is a disapointment that they aren't doing at least one repro from what is left....

That being said I am just not that exceited about Chapel. I am stoked about Pike though. I always thought it was too bad that Jeff Hunter passed away so young and never got to see or participate in the Trek craze of the 70's. I wonder if they could have found a way to put him in one of the TOS films? ... OK I just officially geeked out....

Comment

• bizzaro megomauler
                        WANTED for card bending
                        • Apr 26, 2008

Originally posted by Meule
                        I have all the original Treks and all the EMCE Treks, there are no gaps in my collection. And to be honest, I'd rather have never before released Trek figures than rereleases of originals
                        some of us love the re-issued characters too, because we can give them to the kids, and for the love of god, some of us can't AFFORD the originals! so I would love a nice mix.

Comment

• Meule
                          Verbose Member
                          • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by bizzaro megomauler
                          some of us love the re-issued characters too, because we can give them to the kids, and for the love of god, some of us can't AFFORD the originals! so I would love a nice mix.
                          Diamond and EMCE rereleased the rarest and most expensive Mego Treks (Mugato, Romulan, Andorian), the others aren't that hard to find or that expensive
                          "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• bizzaro megomauler
                            WANTED for card bending
                            • Apr 26, 2008

Originally posted by Meule
                            Diamond and EMCE rereleased the rarest and most expensive Mego Treks (Mugato, Romulan, Andorian), the others aren't that hard to find or that expensive
                            Talos is pretty expensive, and so are the rest in this economy, when you keep getting laid off.....

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

If someone's getting laid off, Mego stuff should be way down on the priority list anyway.
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎