X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spyweb007
    Persistent Member
    • Apr 18, 2006

Flooding in NE

Anyone else here being affected by the flooding going on in the Northeast? I've seen entire neighborhoods here under water, as well as the Warwick mall here in RI, completly surrounded. It looks like friggin Atlantis around here. Hope no one here has been flooded out. Check out the pictures on aol news, unreal.
  • megocrazy
    Museum Trouble Maker
    • Feb 18, 2007

I have to go 20 extra miles out of my way to get to work because the normal route has been flooded for 2 days. Big time sucky. The security guard at Warwick Mall had to be rescued by boat. he was in all night and when he went outside to go home the next morning the water was like 6 feet deep or something. State police had to get a boat, but his car was supposedly under water.
    It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• toys2cool
      Ultimate Mego Warrior
      • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by megocrazy
      I have to go 20 extra miles out of my way to get to work because the normal route has been flooded for 2 days. Big time sucky. The security guard at Warwick Mall had to be rescued by boat. he was in all night and when he went outside to go home the next morning the water was like 6 feet deep or something. State police had to get a boat, but his car was supposedly under water.
      dam!! poor guy
      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Spyweb007
        Persistent Member
        • Apr 18, 2006

Yeah the pictures of the mall are crazy, that's a huge parking lot and it was 5 feet deep right up to the entrance doors. it took people I work with 4 hours to get home. . .normally a 1/2 hour trip.

Comment

• Orion
          Museum Night Watchman
          • Mar 11, 2008

RI and Mass seem like they got hit the worst with this. Crazy stuff. My section of Connecticut is relatively unaffected.

Comment

• megocrazy
            Museum Trouble Maker
            • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by Orion
            My section of Connecticut is relatively unaffected.
            It's funny I always get some water in my basement with a heavy rainfall so I expected to be flooded. Didn't really get any more than I usually do. Small puddle but mostly just foundation seepage and dampness. Yet 2 miles from my house there is a 2 story house that has water up to the first floor windows. I saw a 1/2 mile stretch of road that was a consistent but not too steep of a downgrade. The water must have run down along the side of the asphalt and the gap it created is easily 10 inches deep and 4-5 feet across. If the city wanted to put in a sidewalk they would not need to do any excavating, in fact they might have to fill some in. There is a piece of land at the bottom of the hill that is literally a pond where the water ran to. It's for sale too as a buildable lot. It's really given me a new look at what people in New Orleans must have gone through. This was like running through the sprinkler compared to that and it's shut stuff down for days and some say they won't be cleaned up for months.
            It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• batmanmc
              mego batman collector
              • Jun 22, 2004

it is crazy . one of the vendors we deal with nusiness was flooded with water up to the first floor windows. the place is most likly going to be out of business. a lot of people loosing money because they cant work due to flooding , never mind thier homes. the people of new orleans had it real bad this is a drop of rain compared to them. mike

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
                MeGoing
                • May 14, 2003

Not good, I hope no-one here gets severely flooded.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎