X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mitchedwards
    Mego Preservation Society
    • May 2, 2003

Hotwheels batmobile

I remember hearing Hotwheels was going to release different scale 66 Batmobiles.

Does anyone have a time for the next release?

Think B.A. Where did you hide the Megos?
  • English Paul
    Archive cased.
    • Aug 17, 2005

I was wondering the very same thing. I thought they were going to issue a 1:18 scale model. They will fly off the shelves when they do. I looked on the Hotwheels and Mattel websites last week but there were no clues.
    I just hope the paint job is a bit more authentic than the 1:64.
    I have just repainted a 1:64 and it is amazing how much better it looks with the correct coloured interior, the red coach lining where it is meant to be, silver trim around the windows etc.
    Obviously the larger scale should allow better detail. It`s probably the one toy that I am really, really looking forward to getting my hands on in quite some time.
    "I should say I`m very much cleverer than any of the people who put me here. As a matter of fact, I could leave any time I wanted. It`s only a doll`s house after all. Anyway, I don`t mind. I like dolls" - The Mad Hatter, Arkham Asylum.

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

I want the 1:43rd scale BAD!! Because I think that's about the size of the Corgi?
      sigpic

Comment

• jds1911a1
        Alan Scott is the best GL
        • Aug 8, 2007

I want a 1 18th or so scale for my Pocekt hero bats to have a batmobile that fits

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by jds1911a1
          I want a 1 18th or so scale for my Pocekt hero bats to have a batmobile that fits

Oh....I want that one too!
          sigpic

Comment

• batmanmc
            mego batman collector
            • Jun 22, 2004

Originally posted by The Bat
            i want that one for sure. mike

Comment

• jds1911a1
              Alan Scott is the best GL
              • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by The Bat
              I love my mego pocekt hero one but he looks like my son driving a power wheels. if this new 1/18th is any where close it will be awsome. It would still be too small for more modern batman figures but pocket heroes batman is pretty nice

Comment

• batmanmc
                mego batman collector
                • Jun 22, 2004

i agree. funny story i got teh pocket hero batmobile dint know what it was. originalthought a dollar store cra. found it in the galleries. i would love a more series accurate batmobile.

Comment

• mego boy CA
                  megos are FUN!!
                  • Mar 30, 2006

some great ideas, hopefully they can make some nice 66 batmobiles so i can continue buying that great stuff
                  sigpic
                  "To The Batmobile!"
                  "We Haven't A Moment To Lose!"

Comment

• theantiquetiger
                    Fra-gee-lay Thats Italian
                    • Nov 12, 2005

There will only be 525 of the 1:18 scale made, cost of $300 each:

Hot Wheels Batmobile

The comic con was in August and some 1:18 scales have hit ebay, going for $400+
                    Last edited by theantiquetiger; Sep 19, '07, 10:54 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Meule
                      Verbose Member
                      • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by theantiquetiger
                      There will only be 525 of the 1:18 scale made, cost of $300 each:

Hot Wheels Batmobile

The comic con was in August and some 1:18 scales have hit ebay, going for $400+
                      Totally ridiculous
                      "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• ABMAC
                        User
                        • May 16, 2002

Sounds like they may be talking about the flocked version of the car being limited to 525. I wouldn't want that anyway.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Those numbers are for the comicon flocked version only. There will be a regular painted one at mass retail eventually. Do they mean flocked like GI Joe's head?
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• English Paul
                            Archive cased.
                            • Aug 17, 2005

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                            Do they mean flocked like GI Joe's head?
                            Click the thumbnail photo and it certainly looks flocked - finer than GI Joe - it looks more velvety. Who the hell wants a furry Batmobile? It`s not even accurate. What do you do clean it? - Get the vacuum out? I`ll be waiting for the regular painted issue, that`s for sure.
                            "I should say I`m very much cleverer than any of the people who put me here. As a matter of fact, I could leave any time I wanted. It`s only a doll`s house after all. Anyway, I don`t mind. I like dolls" - The Mad Hatter, Arkham Asylum.

Comment

• theantiquetiger
                              Fra-gee-lay Thats Italian
                              • Nov 12, 2005

OK, there will be three versions of the 1:18 scale:

"In recognition of the occasion, Mattel will produce multiple scales of the Hot Wheels® Batmobile, including a 1:64th scale model that will appear on store shelves in Spring 2007 in the Hot Wheels® basic car line. In Fall 2007, there will be an additional 1:64th scale model introduced as well as a 1:43rd scale replica model and a 1:18th scale, which will have three levels of detail and finish. The ultimate version, the Hot Wheels Elite™ special edition Batmobile, will have enough detail to delight even the most discriminating of Batmobile collectors."

Mattel Announces Barris Batmobile Hot Wheels :: Action-Figure :: Toy, Collectibles and Action Figure News and Reviews from across the Globe

Still cannot find anything as for the release date other than this Fall.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎