X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mego73
    Printed paperboard Tiger
    • Aug 1, 2003

Got 3 out of 4 of wave 1

At TRU they had one of everybody except Superman (which is the guy I wanted the most). A TRU employee walked by and I asked him if he happened to have any Supermans in back. He said I was about the third one to ask him about Supermans (cool, there is interest) and he said they didn't even get any Supermans in the initial shipment which surprised me a bit.

Anyway, I picked up Lex and GL and let Sinestro behind to guard the empty pegs for now (didn't have the extra cash for him at the moment).

Now, through a trade between me and LOU, I was able to get Superman. He landed today.

A lot has been said about the figures pro and con but I have to say that overall, I love them.

The unstable waist is a liability but, at least in my case, there was no other problems with the figures and clothing.

My quick fix solution for the waist is a piece of electrical tape over the joint. I am toying with the idea of replacing the tape with some sort of non skid tape around the bottom of the chest joint to allow movement but provide the resistance to slippage that is lacking. I also wish the pelvic section was a bit bigger. I hear that there will be revisions to the body in wave 2 so I expect the waist slippage issue will be dealt with.

Way back in the 1970's, when my only look at a Mego Superman was a small color or black and white picture in a Christmas catalog that didn't provide much detail, I imagined he would look much like the Mattel version (with a better defined spit curl and outfit) before I actually got my hot little hands on one (which I love but it wasn't exactly what I expected).

Because of that, the revamped Mattel Superman carries the nostalgia of my original expectations. Even in the body, which looks more muscular without having that steroid-ed up look. I had expected Superman to have a little more than that "regular guy" look of the type 2 body before I actually got one.

Lex Luthor is great, it's great to finally have Lex to go up against Superman. Green Lantern looks good too but I think his head is a bit too bloated looking.

I will be getting Sinestro and looking forward to wave 2.

mego73@hotmail.com
  • Ivaniski
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 24, 2007

Got 3 out of 4 of wave 1

[QUOTE=mego73;506234] Green Lantern looks good too but I think his head is a bit too bloated looking.

I wish that they could do a "do over" with the Green Lantern head, it does look too bloated and not in scale with the others.
    Last edited by Ivaniski; Mar 30, '10, 7:19 AM.

Comment

• rcbats1
      Banned
      • Nov 1, 2005

[QUOTE=Ivaniski;506316]
      Originally posted by mego73
      Green Lantern looks good too but I think his head is a bit too bloated looking.

I wish that they could do a "do over" with the Green Lantern head, it does look too bloated and not in scale with the others.
      ...yeah but he's gonna look perfect next to Batman>

Comment

• Trappy Trek Freak
        House of a thousand Megos
        • Aug 10, 2009

I think GL is just fine at least his head isn't like the 12 inch Black Hole figures, now those are way too big for the bodies especially Booth.
        Flickr: Trappy74's Photostream

Comment

• LOU
          Museum FIN-atic
          • Nov 20, 2003

Glad ol' Supes landed safely Mike! What a perfectly timed trade too no?

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎