Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In the comic shop today, guess what I found?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bizzaro megomauler
    WANTED for card bending
    • Apr 26, 2008

In the comic shop today, guess what I found?

at OUCH 29 smackers a pop.....
  • Meule
    Verbose Member
    • Nov 14, 2004

They gotta make a profit as well
    Not even a big profit, if you know they probably paid close to $25 themselves
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• bizzaro megomauler
      WANTED for card bending
      • Apr 26, 2008

I know full well, the distribution system gets a cut too, oh well someone will buy them I am sure.

Comment

• boynightwing
        That Carl Guy
        • Apr 24, 2002

I'm sad because my comic store decided not to get them. I'll have to try Big B in Hamilton but I'll bet they'll be $30 or better.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

I passed on them at a comic store for the same reason, 10 bucks cheaper at TRU.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• the angry orc
            • Jan 5, 2010

yah, the mark up is a killer. when i owned my comic store i think my cost on marvel legends was something like $7...which was the price that walmart was selling them at.

Comment

• Timothy2251
              Jerks beef with Ten Bears
              • Mar 15, 2008

Well, I was going to pull the trigger on buying the Retro figures if the Green Arrow I'd seen in the store the past few weeks was there (it was $29.99). I had just gotten a gift card for $50, so I could easily pick it up.

Wasn't expecting the rest of the line there. Two sets. In PRISTINE condition. All standing straight as you please. Emblems had nary a crack. A few bucks more than TRU, granted, but these were NICE (I saw the whole set at the TRU in Freehold, and the Superman there looked like he had been through the ringer - cracked symbol, weird beer-gut pose, etc. GL wasn't much better, Luthor had a dark spot on his nose, etc.).

Trigger pulled. Bought a complete set, plus the GA that's been tempting me for the past month. Now just have to find a place to display 'em, and begin the countdown to Wave 2.

Doc, you done good.
              "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• GreenLantern9999
                GL of Mego Sector
                • Oct 8, 2007

At my comic shop (Stand-Up Comics Lansing IL 60438) I sell them for 25.99 (+tax) each and to be honest that is what they should be for a comic shop because Previews gave it a SRP so unless they went and bought them from TRU they should be selling for that price.
                No body takes pot shots at Lubic! Good Journey

Comment

• BOTZWANA
                  spam
                  • May 28, 2009

Was there a picture? I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

Comment

• TrueDave
                    Toy Maker
                    • Jan 12, 2008

Asked my Comic guy ( Queen City Coimics Cincinnati Ohio REPRESENT!) he said no because he couldnt compete with TRU.

Comment

• TrueDave
                      Toy Maker
                      • Jan 12, 2008

Completists what are you doing about Trek and Apes?

sorry need to delete

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎