X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megoapesnut
    The name says it all!
    • Dec 3, 2007

Clash of the Titans

I am sitting here watching HBO first look at Clash of the Titans and this looks like it is going to be a slam dunk killer movie. I hadn't planned to see it in the theater, but I think I will be there opening day after seeing this. The work that went into building the sets was unbelievable.
  • cjefferys
    Duke of Gloat
    • Apr 23, 2006

I saw the original one in the theatre, so dammit, I'm gonna see this one that way too.

Comment

• BlackKnight
      The DarkSide Customizer
      • Apr 16, 2005

I will be drawn outta the House for this ..., Gotta check it out. There's no Sex in it ..., is there ? ... I might take my Son...
      ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• kryptosmaster
        Removed.
        • Jun 14, 2008

When I first heard they were remaking this I was like, "Oh no! Come on, not another crappy remake of a classic!" but when I saw the first commercial for it I was like, "WOW! This looks pretty cool. It might even be better than the original."
        Rich

Comment

• jessica
          fortune favors the bold
          • Nov 5, 2007

I was thinking that Hollywood can't come up with new things anymore...then I saw the preview. Hells yeah I'll be there to see this!! I'm really looking forward to it. I didn't really like the original, but this new one looks fabulous.
          Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
          Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
          1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
          1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• huedell
            Museum Ball Eater
            • Dec 31, 2003

I think just about anyone that hates "remakes" should just give this one a "pass".
            It IS classic Greek mythology after all. That's just my take on it.
            "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

I wish the studios would stop using metal music in all action movie trailers.

Just seen the Clash of the Titans trailer on youtube and the metal music ruined it.

Made me feel like I was watching a WWE promo

I sure hope that music isn't in the real movie

Comment

• rche
                channeling Bob Wills
                • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by Mikey01
                I wish the studios would stop using metal music in all action movie trailers.

Just seen the Clash of the Titans trailer on youtube and the metal music ruined it.

Made me feel like I was watching a WWE promo

I sure hope that music isn't in the real movie
                agreed

makes it feel like a wrestling promo, or an online multiplayer tag game.

Comment

• alex
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jun 15, 2009

The thing I hate about remakes, is that I know the story inside out, so Ill know exactly whats happening next. I cant really see them changing it that much in anyway. Will go and see it though.

Comment

• The Bat
                    Batman Fanatic
                    • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by huedell
                    I think just about anyone that hates "remakes" should just give this one a "pass".
                    It IS classic Greek mythology after all. That's just my take on it.

Exactly hue! It's a story that's been told, and re-told for generations...so is it really a remake? Anyway...the Trailer looks AWESOME! Some times a Movie should be redone because FX have come so far...that it's almost mandatory. It gives a new generation the chance to enjoyed the story...that might have other wise passed on the old movie. Todays Audience's are spoiled...they expect AWESOME FX, because it's what they grew up with.

That said...I a big Fan of Ray Harryhausen!
                    sigpic

Comment

• jimsmegos
                      Mego Dork
                      • Nov 9, 2008

Like most other flicks, I'll wait for the DVD. the local theater here is just not worth the ticket price. If we had a better quality theater I would probably go more often. And in fairness to the remake aspect, I view this one sort of like Peter Jackson's King Kong, I see it as a nice send up to the original films because of the special effects. IMO Like King Kong it was only fitting to use the latest special effect techniques on a movie that was at it's time the most remarkable SFX feature.

Comment

• megocrazy
                        Museum Trouble Maker
                        • Feb 18, 2007

This reminds me of Avatar with a better story behind it. Great special effects but since it is a remake we all know the outcome. The Avatar SE's were great but the screenplay could have been written by an over active 10 year old. I'll probably see this in the theatre because of the special effects alone. May even venture and see it in IMAX 3D as I did with Alice in Wonderland.
                        It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• Mikey
                          Verbose Member
                          • Aug 9, 2001

I'm not a big fan of the new Kraken

Kind of reminds me of the the Cloverfield monster

Also, Liam Nisson as Zeus is a bit lame, imo

They should have got someone hardier ... Like Brian Blessed.
                          Last edited by Mikey; Mar 26, '10, 11:48 AM.

Comment

• ctc
                            Fear the monkeybat!
                            • Aug 16, 2001

>since it is a remake we all know the outcome

Yeah. I'll probably catch it on cable; but I'm not into effects enough to have to see it on the big screen.

>Kind of reminds me of the the Cloverfield monster

Giant Monsters Attack!: Separated at Birth?

>They should have got someone hardier ... Like Brian Blessed.

HAW! He IS Zeus for real, isn't he? Y'know.... I don't think there's anything that couldn't be made better by adding Brian Blessed.

Don C.

Comment

• Mikey
                              Verbose Member
                              • Aug 9, 2001

His face when he roars also reminds me a little of the Rancor fron Jedi

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎